PDA

View Full Version : Resignations

Rams-07
28/08/2007, 4:59 PM
:confused:Anyone know whats going on at committee level?
Heard today that the vice-chairman(Denis McCarthy)has resigned..this follows James Donovans resignation last week..more resignations to follow also I heard....

thegafferman
28/08/2007, 5:10 PM
keep this crap off the net .... this is a football forum if you want to play political games fcuk off to the commitee and play them..this kind of talk filters through to the team and starts to effect confidence and form..team are on the longest unbeaten run in the history of cobh ramblers and ye toss pots just want to start point scoring ...the old wrangles for power ,control family dominatiion....please go away and let what could be our greatest season for a long time run peacefully....club politics is for the boardroom or the bar but not here....

cmcd
28/08/2007, 6:27 PM
is the committee not football related as they run the club ?
can a person not air a concern?
finally who do u think u are to tell people what and cant go on the forum!!!
this is exactly what its for so if you dont like the content maybe you should stay off it.

ramsfan
28/08/2007, 8:00 PM
gafferman you cant sensor people we have a right to express views, this is 1 of our best seasons ever, but what is the point if by the time the season starts next year we are gone bust, committee have nothing to do with team they have given hendo a tiny budget and he has worked miracles, i admit i wasnt his greatest fan at the season start but he has got the team playing for him and i am impressed.
This is looking like the situation ~10 years ago, club over spent last year and this year have had to cut back but still struggling to make up for last year. committe resigning like rats leaving a sinking ship, a scared in case club goes bust and there names will be associated with it for ever more

team and committe are two different things thank god as if the committee had an imput in team selection we would be playing super valu in the shipping league

rams 07 at least you have the balls to stand up and be counted,fans are sick of hearing about the committee and there constant efforts to fcuk up the club

Rams-07
28/08/2007, 8:12 PM
Thanks gafferman,I only asked if anyone knew anything,,,checked the website but no info there..didnt realise it would hit a raw nerve..
I also agree with you bigtime that this is one of the best seasons ever despite the major cutbacks...Hendo deserves a Knighthood,,,

chimpster
29/08/2007, 6:11 AM
It's no secret around the club that the 'old guard' are making a push to get back in. Great, I can't wait - zero development, family favours, scratching each others backs, dodgy lotto results, tiny crowds... And the next resignation will be Cobh Ramblers leaving the league and returning to the MSL. :mad:

Maybe things are in a mess, none of us here know at the moment. However, I run a business myself and I know that cashflow can be a nightmare, and that rumours of a financial crisis can start very easily. The current committee is entitled to a fair hearing through audited accounts through to the year end, and an AGM to follow.

The most disappointing thing to me is that we've lost a couple of good people who were instrumental in ousting the last crowd, who were just keeping the club going nowhere.

luka
29/08/2007, 6:48 AM
Gaffermans's point are pretty valid considering the speculation that could arise out of Rams07 initial posting. Forums are however, for discussion, but internal club affairs should really stay internal.

I applaud Chimpster's comment below though as being one of the most valid club related comments I've read in a while.

It's no secret around the club that the 'old guard' are making a push to get back in. Great, I can't wait - zero development, family favours, scratching each others backs, dodgy lotto results, tiny crowds... And the next resignation will be Cobh Ramblers leaving the league and returning to the MSL. :mad:

I personally believe that the current guys do a pretty good job and why shouldn't they continue to do so?

dahamsta
29/08/2007, 7:23 AM
For the record, thegafferman received an infraction for his post above; I've just left it for context, but he won't be allowed to post like that again.

Also, I was asked to delete this thread, and obviously haven't. It seems a perfectly legitimate topic for discussion to me.

adam

thegafferman
29/08/2007, 10:32 AM
For the record, thegafferman received an infraction for his post above; I've just left it for context, but he won't be allowed to post like that again.

Also, I was asked to delete this thread, and obviously haven't. It seems a perfectly legitimate topic for discussion to me.

adam

for the record i did not ask for this thread to be deleted

bellavistaman
29/08/2007, 10:59 AM
:confused:Anyone know whats going on at committee level?
Heard today that the vice-chairman(Denis McCarthy)has resigned..this follows James Donovans resignation last week..more resignations to follow also I heard....

Trolling there like? Since its a public forum and so on what is clearly such a touchy subject there should be none of this crap "i heard" say what you heard, and whos going. Rumours always was one of the biggest downfalls of the club.

this kind of talk filters through to the team and starts to effect confidence and form..

This is worst case scenario, it better not, dint think it will either, but when they hear bout the resignations it will could affect them.

Maybe things are in a mess, none of us here know at the moment. However, I run a business myself and I know that cashflow can be a nightmare, and that rumours of a financial crisis can start very easily. The current committee is entitled to a fair hearing through audited accounts through to the year end, and an AGM to follow.

The most disappointing thing to me is that we've lost a couple of good people who were instrumental in ousting the last crowd, who were just keeping the club going nowhere.

Hear hear, great post,

I personally believe that the current guys do a pretty good job and why shouldn't they continue to do so?

Doing a very good job IMO!

dahamsta
29/08/2007, 11:00 AM
for the record i did not ask for this thread to be deleted
No you didn't. Any further off-topic discussion in this thread will be deleted, and the relevant users suspended for a week.

Rams-07
29/08/2007, 5:30 PM
Treasurer has now resigned..not rumour..fact

dahamsta
29/08/2007, 6:17 PM
Saying "fact" doesn't make it a fact Rams-07, it makes it something you said on a web forum with "fact" after it, which may or may not be true.

dahamsta is the baddest mofo on the planet, fact.

See what I did there?

How about ye try posting something of substance for a change? How about evidence for a change?

I'm closing this until ye have evidence to post.

adam