PDA

View Full Version : Can we cause a major upset vs Dundalk?

sobersod
27/08/2007, 9:04 PM
Dundalk on Thursday,wierd day to have the game on,but im still travelling,just wondering,can we cause a major upset in Dundalks Promotion hopes?,I for one think we can or even a draw would be brilliant seeing as they hammered us 4-0 and 3-0 in the last two matches,but with Dundalk losing 4-1 to Limerick and us hammering Kilkenny 3-0,Dunalk are there for the taking!

passinginterest
28/08/2007, 10:39 AM
Dundalk on Thursday,wierd day to have the game on,but im still travelling,just wondering,can we cause a major upset in Dundalks Promotion hopes?,I for one think we can or even a draw would be brilliant seeing as they hammered us 4-0 and 3-0 in the last two matches,but with Dundalk losing 4-1 to Limerick and us hammering Kilkenny 3-0,Dunalk are there for the taking!

For the taking or very peeved and ready to hand out a good pasting. I'm hoping for the former obviously.

The lads will be full of confidence now, first time winning a game by more than one goal, 4 points clear of the bottom and not too far off fifth, overall things are looking good.

Dundalk on the other hand are on a desperate run and need a win to get back on the title track. I'd take a draw with both hands if it was offered now.

1-1 I'd say. :ball:

Magicme
28/08/2007, 11:04 AM
They are anyones for the taking from what I have seen lately!

Good luck!

Red Youth
28/08/2007, 1:37 PM
Yes. Although it's difficult to defend this statement when you look at the both scorelines, but both of Dundalk's comprehensive victories over us this season have flattered them. They deserved to win certainly, but not by those margins. We missed a lot of chances in the 3-0 defeat at home at home and they got a lot of luck.

It's going to be tough but we should have Big Pat back on the bench Thursday so hopefully he'll add even extra incentive with a rousing team talk!

holidaysong
28/08/2007, 1:51 PM
Yes. Although it's difficult to defend this statement when you look at the both scorelines, but both of Dundalk's comprehensive victories over us this season have flattered them. They deserved to win certainly, but not by those margins. We missed a lot of chances in the 3-0 defeat at home at home and they got a lot of luck.

We destroyed you in Oriel though. Thursday is the day we get our season back on track. We just have to. The players know this and Wexford are going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. :)

Red Youth
28/08/2007, 5:40 PM
Dundalk didn't actually score a goal until the last quarter of the game and then our inexperience showed as we totally lost concentration and the floodgates opened. We conceded three goals in quick succession and one in injury time. As I said before, it's hard to argue when the score line is so convincing, but we could have easily got a hard earned point, even if Dundalk were obviously the better side and deserved the win.

Dundalk are under severe pressure now and we're off the back of confidence boosting win. I'm not predicting that we're going to come up and play you off the park but if we sneak a draw I'd be delighted.

Plus, you have that plastic pitch that will obviously work in your advantage. You could see from the last game that the Dundalk players could read the bounce of the ball better than the Wexford lads and maybe they'll be better prepared for it now.

kopite
28/08/2007, 6:48 PM
have to agree with the lads,the 3-0 "drubbin" we were given in newcastle,didn't do justice to the way we played,if we were 3-1 up at half time no one could have complained.i feel the few goals we got on saturday night might be the confidence booster some of the players needed.dundalk are a good side,i feel the finns have been the best side i've seen all season,especially the organisation and the way they press as a unit.the plastic surface might be a slight advantage,but my philosphy is 2 teams,1 ball and a pitch they both have to play on.current form would have to go with a draw.

kopite
28/08/2007, 7:04 PM
what did ye think of the flag day?.....thought it could have been better.apart from the usual suspects,i only 2 other people with flags,even some of the people who post on this site didn't bother.some say it made a difference,we are not very vocal in newcastle,so thought this was a good idea,so what does it take to get more on board? you all complain when the team don't perform,so why not play your part?behind every great team is a band of lunatics.i don't think waving a flag at the start of a game will fatigue anyone!!!!!!

sobersod
28/08/2007, 9:15 PM
We destroyed you in Oriel though. Thursday is the day we get our season back on track. We just have to. The players know this and Wexford are going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. :)
Yea but them 2 scores flattered you's,but ya see, there is loads of pressue building up on you's this is a must win game for Dundalk,but none on us at us,we've nothing to loss,but you's do,this is the game i think where it will decide wether you's will go up beacuse i can't see Finn Harps and Cobh slipping up so all the pressure is on Dundalk.:D

bellavistaman
30/08/2007, 12:26 PM
Come on wexford,

eamoss
30/08/2007, 5:43 PM
1-0 to Dundalk. We have to win this game.

Red Youth
31/08/2007, 3:24 PM
Didn't happen but never looked likely as we were far too defensive. Best we really could have hoped for was a 0-0 draw. Russell just wasn't at the races, looked shaky all night and is usually so dependable.

Roll on Friday night and Shels....

Dunny
01/09/2007, 4:10 AM
hard luck in my opinion...we missed too many chances then trevez came on and got us the 2..you defended well;)

Red Youth
03/09/2007, 2:43 PM
Defended well, but all we did was defend. Dundalk are a proper football team with great fans so hopefully you go up and back where you belong -because we've certainly enjoyed enough of you this season! 9 goals against and 0 scored in 3 games!