PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Quarter Final - Fixtures

dcfcsteve
27/08/2007, 5:27 PM
St Pats v Bohs
Derry v UCD
Longford v Limerick 37
Waterford v Cork.

Obvious which of those should get screened live...... :)

kdjaC
27/08/2007, 5:27 PM
Longford game?

kdjac

sligoman
27/08/2007, 5:33 PM
Longford/Limerick should get tv alright. When are the ties played?

kdjaC
27/08/2007, 5:36 PM
23rd of sept

kdjac

Poor Student
27/08/2007, 5:39 PM
St Pats v Bohs
Derry v UCD
Longford v Limerick 37
Waterford v Cork.

Given that they didn't go for Finn Harps v Derry just because it was a derby it wouldn't surprise me to see Derry v UCD get picked over Waterford v Cork. Are TV games ever shown from the RSC? I hope it's Derry v UCD as I doubt I'll get to it. Sick of getting cup draws up there.

passerrby
27/08/2007, 5:40 PM
longford game deffo

Longfordian
27/08/2007, 5:43 PM
Home draw and oppositon from a lower division. Again.Have to be happy enough with that though I'm sure Limerick wont be too displeased either

Battery Rover
27/08/2007, 5:52 PM

I think TG4 showed two of the Quarter Finals live last season one on the Friday and Athlone vs Rovers on the Saturday

Pablo Escobar
27/08/2007, 5:52 PM
Are TV games ever shown from the RSC?

Last round, Blaaaa's-v-Sligo

sligoman
27/08/2007, 5:55 PM
Longford have to have had the easiest run so far, Celbridge, Fanad and now Limerick all at home:eek:.

dcfcsteve
27/08/2007, 5:56 PM
Longford/Limerick should get tv alright. When are the ties played?

Why the feck should Longford v Limerick make it on to TV ahead of Pats v Bohs or Waterford v Cork....? :confused:

Pats-Bohs has to beg tie of the round. Cork will easily dispose of Waterford, and that game is at the RSC, which are 2 good reasons not to show that one.

Poor Student
27/08/2007, 5:57 PM
Why the feck should Longford v Limerick make it on to TV ahead of Pats v Bohs or Waterford v Cork....? :confused:

Lost your sarcasm detector?

Pats-Bohs has to beg tie of the round. Cork will easily dispose of Waterford, and that game is at the RSC, which are 2 good reasons not to show that one.

There were two ties shown last year. Pat's/Bohs will obviously be shown and I'd say it's a throw up between Derry/UCD and Waterford/Cork.

dcfcsteve
27/08/2007, 6:00 PM
Lost your sarcasm detector?

Given the likes of Sligoman tried to defend TG4's decision to air the dire Waterford v Sligo game in the last round, you'll forgive me for not giving him the benefit of the doubt....

There were two ties shown last year. Pat's/Bohs will obviously be shown and I'd say it's a throw up between Derry/UCD and Waterford/Cork.

I'd go with the Waterford game, even if it is in the RSC.

Poor Student
27/08/2007, 6:03 PM
I'd go with the Waterford game, even if it is in the RSC.

From a neutral perspective I'd go with the derby but I don't know if they'll visit the same club in two successive rounds. Derry/UCD is 7th v 8th while Cork v Waterford is 6th v 11th, makes the game in the Brandywell slightly stronger on the pitch and there'll be a decent crowd up in Derry though not as big.

sligoman
27/08/2007, 6:11 PM
I'll post without the sarcasm so Steve can understand...Pat's/Bohs game should be on imo. If not then Waterford/Cork.

Monkfish
27/08/2007, 8:00 PM
I'm sure Limerick wont be too displeased either

Cant speak for every Limerick fan but this is crap for us, really wanted Cork, Bohs, Pats at home or away, financially good too but if we've any chance of going through it would prob have to be Longford or Waterford, would have been nice to be at home though, cant remember the last time we got a cracking draw in the cup:(

Pauro 76
27/08/2007, 9:07 PM
Very happy with the draw. At home too. Think it will be a cracker too, really think Limerick could push us close, but the semis are definitely do-able for us.

pete
27/08/2007, 9:36 PM
Its fairly obvious which games should be shown.

Psts v Bohs
Blaaaahs v City

Even with TV both games likely to be sell outs. Pats can hold maybe 5,000 & Waterford 2,500 at a push?

Waterford should be forced to add extra seating for the game as the RSC is inadequate to hold the game as has no terracing.

SPXcyan
27/08/2007, 10:39 PM
Waterford v Cork is rarely a dire game as we seem to perform at our best against our friendly neighbours :) I hope this would be on the box as there would be a big crowd at it and some good atmosphere! unless its raining :D

gael353
27/08/2007, 10:52 PM
Crap draw for us IMO. Longford playing really well and not exactly a money spinner for us which we really needed. The last time we played Longford in the cup they beat us 2 1 in Longford the first year they won the cup. Grainny out of focus picture which tv3 had in their top LEAGUE goals for the season that year and had us (as we wear blue) down as waterford :rolleyes: Love to see Limerick live on tv, must be the real madrid game when it was last done.

dcfcsteve
28/08/2007, 12:09 AM
You will be running the risk of a reply that will bore you to tears.

You back from picking up your Perrier award at the Edinburgh Fringe so soon RT.......?

Risteard
28/08/2007, 12:14 AM
Back down to Waterfords "Stop singing" Mid-life crisis Argument Makers Security Inc.
What a bunch of Del-boys.
It's laughable really.

I actually love the RSC trips. A real obligatory part of the season even though I always seem to leave the place cursing someone.

Jaime
28/08/2007, 10:18 AM
Pat's Bohs will feel like a massive occasion but will be a brutal game, you just know the final score is gonna be either 0-0 or 1-1.

Real ale Madrid
28/08/2007, 11:25 AM
Are Ireland playing France on the Friday night 21st Sept in the rugby world cup. I wonder will this affect the scheduling of the television games?

Jaime
28/08/2007, 1:13 PM
Ireland - France in the rugby is on the Friday night at 9 and the all-Ireland Senior Football Championship final is on the Sunday at 3ish, so I can see the games being spread between Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. Longford will probably want to play on Saturday night as well. Suppose Thursday 7.45 and Friday at 7pm are possibilities for the Bohs - Pat's game. :confused:

alansmithccfc
28/08/2007, 1:18 PM
Back down to Waterfords "Stop singing" Mid-life crisis Argument Makers Security Inc.
What a bunch of Del-boys.
It's laughable really.

I actually love the RSC trips. A real obligatory part of the season even though I always seem to leave the place cursing someone.

Cant wait for it:rolleyes:

Hibs4Ever
28/08/2007, 1:36 PM
Ireland - France in the rugby is on the Friday night at 9 and the all-Ireland Senior Football Championship final is on the Sunday at 3ish, so I can see the games being spread between Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. Longford will probably want to play on Saturday night as well. Suppose Thursday 7.45 and Friday at 7pm are possibilities for the Bohs - Pat's game. :confused:

Ireland France game is on at 8pm IRISH time

pete
28/08/2007, 2:14 PM

Eventhough our record there is not great its as close to a derby we have so games are usually evenful. The 2-2 draw near the end of the Title winning 2005 season is still the most painful eL game I have ever been too. None of this change the fact that the RSC is worst eL ground by some distance - heavy handed stewards, can't see anything if watching from outside the stand, no cover outside the stand, can't see goals form side of the stand...