PDA

View Full Version : Seville player has heart attack on pitch

sligoman
26/08/2007, 6:12 PM
Seville's defender Antonio Puerta remained in serious condition in hospital on Sunday after suffering a heart attack during his side's 4-1 win over Getafe.

Puerta fainted after half an hour of Saturday's match, with his side losing 1-0.

Read more (http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblespsevillapuerta&prov=afp&type=lgns)

Shocking stuff:eek:. Hope he recovers!

TheBoss
26/08/2007, 11:10 PM
I was watching the game, and he went on his knees and then fall to the ground and a few players went over to stop him swallowing his tongue and was then carried off on a stretcher. I thought he just fainted with exhaustion or something like that, but to it was a Heart Attack is a real shock, I really hope he will be alright bur is in a serious condition at the moment.

Risteard
26/08/2007, 11:38 PM
First game of the season.
Possibly overstretching his fitness.
Get Well Soon.

Thomo
28/08/2007, 1:20 PM
on the plus side, at least he survived, heart attacks are a nasty business. could easily have been another mark vivian foe ( i think he died of a heart attack but feel free to correct)

passinginterest
28/08/2007, 1:24 PM
on the plus side, at least he survived, heart attacks are a nasty business. could easily have been another mark vivian foe ( i think he died of a heart attack but feel free to correct)

It's not looking good at the moment, his condition has deteriorated, he's on life support and has suffered trauma to his brain, according to latest reports (http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2690862,00.html)

Very, very sad. You just never know.

bohsmug
28/08/2007, 3:00 PM
Sad news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6964586.stm

RIP

Risteard
28/08/2007, 3:03 PM
That's awful.
RIP.

Thomo
28/08/2007, 3:23 PM
man, no sooner had i said, and that happens. RIP, he wasnt a player i was familair with, but its a horrible thing to happen to anyone, especially someone so young. my thoughts and prayers are with his family

WoodquayBoy
28/08/2007, 3:29 PM
So young, so very very young, and his girlfriend is pregnant. RIP

Thomo
28/08/2007, 3:39 PM
i didnt know about the girlfriend, that makes it so much worse. its a shame, a real shame

TheBoss
28/08/2007, 3:44 PM
That is just really sad to hear, he was a really top player would have been so much better in the years to come.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, relatives and friends at this hard time.

superfrank
28/08/2007, 3:54 PM
Like Thomo, he was not a player I knew of but in any case when this happens, it's sad. He now joins Marc Vivien Foé, Miklos Féher and David Di Tomasso as players to die on the pitch in just the last 5 years.

RIP.

paul_oshea
28/08/2007, 4:06 PM
RIP.

I thought he swallowed his tongue that was all? I was watching the match in the pub, what actually happened then, cos once they turned him on his side he got up.

DmanDmythDledge
28/08/2007, 4:33 PM
RIP.

I thought he swallowed his tongue that was all? I was watching the match in the pub, what actually happened then, cos once they turned him on his side he got up.
He was prevented from swollowing his tongue. He had another heart attack in the dressing room.

Terrible tragedy. RIP.

John83
28/08/2007, 6:48 PM
He was prevented from swollowing his tongue. He had another heart attack in the dressing room.

Terrible tragedy. RIP.
One of the club officials was quoted at the time as saying that he had as many as nine heart attacks. Even if that's wrong, it does suggest he had a number of them.

sligoman
28/08/2007, 8:08 PM
Thought he was going to recover...that's shocking. R.I.P.

Gaillimh Al
28/08/2007, 8:33 PM
It's the Irish defender Clive Clarke
Updates in the Ireland forum