PDA

View Full Version : Irish proxy server wireless LAN-HELP!! cheers

RogerMilla
26/08/2007, 1:23 PM
Guys , I need some technical help.
I am running a wireless lan here ( overseas) and want to use an irish proxy to access the various things available to people in ireland ( i think you all know what i mean).

i found the Ip address and ports on a website but i cannot set the port up as i thin it is because i use wireless . can anyone help me ?

btw , i am useless at these kind of things.

dahamsta
26/08/2007, 1:58 PM
Wireless should have nothing to do with it, unless your router or your ISP is using a transparent proxy. What browser are you using?

adam

Sheridan
26/08/2007, 2:07 PM
I think he might mean the wireless set-up is a problem in that the proxy info would have to be changed in the router as opposed to the browser settings.

RogerMilla
26/08/2007, 2:18 PM
i am using internet explorer 7.0, should i use a transparent proxy or anonymous ? i opened the ports in the router and i can access the particular site i want but it will not open the live streaming , thanks guys.

RogerMilla
26/08/2007, 2:29 PM
sorry guys , i am not accessing the site at all , it was just saved from previous access, basically i am not able to access anything with the proxy addresses in the router. oh yeah , and i have very little idea what i am doing !

paul_oshea
28/08/2007, 9:20 AM
if this is to do with rte.ie PM me.