PDA

View Full Version : Rams 1 Shels 1

don ramo
26/08/2007, 1:17 AM
we could have won, but so could shels, great performance from both teams, some nice football played tonight, again we need to be more lethal with the old finnishing, harps are now second, so its a matter of who will loose first or who will take the first beat worse, good game nice crowd, a bit of chanting things are looking good, lets keep it going,
the players are great, lets roar them onto promotion,

congrats to hendo and the lads

by the way what day is the mons game on, might make a trip up.

paudie
26/08/2007, 1:26 AM
First half was scrappy. Missed the shels goal, reading the programme! Not sure about the Cobh penalty.

Cobh bossed 2nd half and thought ye should have won. Murray unlucky when he the bar with his header. Decent crowd.

Finn Harps catching up though;)

Comic Book Guy
26/08/2007, 9:27 AM
Definitely deserved to win on 2nd half, I thought our penalty looked dodgy but about 2 mins later we should have had another as one of the Shels defenders handled in the area, 2nd half was much better but we couldn't put away the 4 or 5 decent opportunities. Not to worry as we are still where we want to be and Shels will take more points off the other promotion contenders if they play like that.

bellavistaman
26/08/2007, 2:32 PM
Wes hould have won it second half, played some really good football second, definitly deserved the win, thought the ref was **** poor, looking forward to seeing what they will say about the sheks players sending off.

Cummins was outstanding last night i thought, as usual ran himself into the ground. Kearney was very good going forward and i thought Barrett broke everyhting up unbelievably, as usual last 20 mins in St.Colmans park were spent by the opposition team tryin to waste time and hold for draw. Its **** really.

Well done Hendo and the lads, good point

Rambler1
26/08/2007, 8:34 PM
Think overall not a bad point but winning home games from here on out is a must....Players fab as usual. Gave it their all... and more. Think if we can get 9 pts from next 4 then we will be seriously in with a shout
Monaghan v Ramblers
Ramblers v Athlone
Limerick37 v Ramblers
Ramblers v Wexford

Best of luck Rams

gael353
26/08/2007, 9:08 PM
Course ye have a chance of getting points from all those games but two in particular are gonna be tougher then ye have met previously for ye. Monaghan who ye trad hockey have toughened up a bit and Limerick have at last began to play players in their true positions. I think ye'll get 5 points from those 12

thegafferman
27/08/2007, 3:05 AM
Course ye have a chance of getting points from all those games but two in particular are gonna be tougher then ye have met previously for ye. Monaghan who ye trad hockey have toughened up a bit and Limerick have at last began to play players in their true positions. I think ye'll get 5 points from those 12

i would say with our defence playing so well either 8 pts or 10 pts will take 8 now but would love 10pts:ball:

jebus
27/08/2007, 9:55 AM
Think overall not a bad point but winning home games from here on out is a must....Players fab as usual. Gave it their all... and more. Think if we can get 9 pts from next 4 then we will be seriously in with a shout
Monaghan v Ramblers
Ramblers v Athlone
Limerick37 v Ramblers
Ramblers v Wexford

I'd give ye 7 or 8 points from those games anyway. Possibly two draws against ourselves and Mons and wins at home against Athlone and Wexford, which to be honest, if ye can't do then the club don't deserve promotion anyway

Magicme
27/08/2007, 10:19 AM
Jaysus dont like the pressure of you are putting on us saying we might draw against Cobh! Yikes!

Don Ramo, the game is on Saturday at 6pm so its a perfect day for you to make the trip north to visit us. No excuses accepted!!

Oh and if I am there on the PA come say hello (I hope to be at Electric Picnic tho!)

rambler14
27/08/2007, 7:33 PM
Great game, good point. I thought James McCarthy had an absolute disaster, nearly cost us 3 goals with his god awful kicking, especially the kick that went behind him as he kicked it. He struggled to hold on to things aswell. He held onto the hard shots and dropped the easy ones. As for him catching crosses....................forget it.
The referee was made look bad by the bad linesman on the near side. He was afraid to use his flag and he only used his flag when he didn't need to. For god sake like he didn't even signal for substitutes and he looked like he just got out of school. I'd put a lot of money on saturday being his first match.

bellavistaman
27/08/2007, 9:58 PM
Great game, good point. I thought James McCarthy had an absolute disaster, nearly cost us 3 goals with his god awful kicking, especially the kick that went behind him as he kicked it. He struggled to hold on to things aswell. He held onto the hard shots and dropped the easy ones. As for him catching crosses....................forget it.
The referee was made look bad by the bad linesman on the near side. He was afraid to use his flag and he only used his flag when he didn't need to. For god sake like he didn't even signal for substitutes and he looked like he just got out of school. I'd put a lot of money on saturday being his first match.

Bilko looked bit nervous that all, to be fair that the first dodgy game since wexford at the start of season so lets not go too overboard. Lets look at the positives. Delighted to see kearney back and thought mucky was outstanding as always. And we deserved to win. The crowd was brilliant well one Marco, drummers are class.