PDA

View Full Version : QPR striker killed

sligoman
25/08/2007, 6:25 PM
QPR's teenage striker Ray Jones has died in a car accident. The Championship club postponed Saturday's match at Burnley following the death of the young forward.
A statement said: "QPR is in mourning following the tragic news that striker Ray Jones died in a motor accident in the early hours of Saturday morning."

The 18-year-old England youth international was involved in an accident in East Ham and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Continued (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6963546.stm)

Tragic at only 18:(. R.I.P.

kingdom hoop
25/08/2007, 9:50 PM
As a follower of QPR, and Ray's progress, this horribly tragic news precipitated the first tear from my eyes in months. So so sad. The club's best prospect since Kevin Gallen, he had the physique, temperment and class to go a long way. Club captain Adam Bolder acknowledged him as having been undoubtedly the most talented player at the club, a player all those connected with QPR hoped would be the splash of brilliant sunlight to brighten the murky gloom enveloping the club for ten years. Alas, this star's supernova has come all too soon. My heartfelt sympathies are extended to all those close to Ray. I feel like nothing more than the recipient of the tiniest piece of shrapnel from this agonising bombshell in comparison. R.I.P