PDA

View Full Version : Flancare Park

kempes
01/08/2001, 5:03 PM
I am writing a brief article for UK Grounds magazine Groundtastic on whats happenin' over here ground wise and I was gonna do a paragraph on the recent Developments at Flancare.

What exactly is the story....?

How many sides of the groud have been seated?
How many seats were installed?
Current total seating capacity?
Current total capacity?
Has any more work been done of the stand?
Is there any recent and decent pics online?
Has it been okeyed by the UEFA inspector yet?
Whats next in the pipeline to happen at Flancare?

anything else I need to know / mention?

please post all replies here and email them to srfcultras@yahoo.com too please.

koh

Kempes

Macy
01/08/2001, 5:45 PM
How many sides of the groud have been seated?
all

How many seats were installed?
5900 is what they say will be installed, including what was left of the stand (approx. 900)

Current total seating capacity?
Will be 6500

Current total capacity?
As above

Has any more work been done of the stand?
Stand is being finished, a few more seats left, but should be up to 1500. Dressing rooms must be completed if the game is to go ahead. Timescale on the rest, inc. the bar??????

Is there any recent and decent pics online?
There were some on here - check old posts, but a lot of work done since they were taken (at the moment, big changes in a matter of days as the slabs are laid around the ground...)

Has it been okeyed by the UEFA inspector yet?
Provisionally, if the work is completed

Whats next in the pipeline to happen at Flancare?
Finish off underneath the stand - bars, food places, offices, etc etc. Plan is another stand opposite the current one to bring the capacity up to 10k in line with the new UEFA rules. That will depend on how the team are doing/ support levels.....

joe
01/08/2001, 6:37 PM
you can check out some photos here (http://phootball.com/i/flancare/), they're not great, but you should be able to get some idea of the work being done. They were taken the day of the Super Cup clash between Longford and Cork City (around the middle/end of June, I think???)