PDA

View Full Version : Most boring sports?

Pages : [1] 2

Shelsman
10/04/2003, 1:16 PM
Which of these is the most boring sport to watch?

Schumi
10/04/2003, 1:26 PM
Of those ones, Cricket but horse racing and GAA should be there.

Macy
10/04/2003, 1:38 PM
The bigots and the nags added....

techs
10/04/2003, 1:57 PM
defo cricket, shouldn't even be allwed called a sport

sadloserkid
10/04/2003, 2:16 PM
I'm voting for Cricket but only coz Golf isn't an option!

Macy
10/04/2003, 2:58 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
I'm voting for Cricket but only coz Golf isn't an option!
Golf and "Other" added, and SLK's vote moved.....

*Plans his revenge on SLK - plan involving sizzors, his ponytail, and cutting off springs to mind*

sadloserkid
10/04/2003, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by Macy
*Plans his revenge on SLK - plan involving sizzors, his ponytail, and cutting off springs to mind*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

pete
10/04/2003, 3:27 PM
Got to be the nags - unless got money on a horse no point in watching.

Test Cricket *zzzzzzzzzz* although would watch some one day just to see England lose again.

Golf - First 3 days a waste & only watchable if rooting for someone.

Snooker pretty bad as well most of the time.

pineapple stu
10/04/2003, 4:32 PM
Where's American football and baseball?

The first is rugby for idiots, and the second is cricket for idiots, so surely both should feature!

Big fan of the snooker myself, though - horrified to see it included! :eek:

Kickeroo
10/04/2003, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Where's American football and baseball?

:eek:

amen!

patsh
10/04/2003, 6:18 PM
How come rugby is classified as a "sport" ?
Shurley Shome Mishtake....:p

Gary
10/04/2003, 9:03 PM
Snooker? How can anyone think its boring> Im a big fan of snooker.

Rugby? Well I spose if u consider pi55ing into pint glasses, ankle races, and shaggig ur friends girlfriend/father/mother a sport well fair enough.

I votedfor other.

My opinion would be fecking CURLING! Its not so much Boring, as utterly pointless.

Pauro 76
11/04/2003, 8:27 AM
Cricket definitely... how the Aussies get so passionate about it is beyond me... tennis (unless its two daycent lassies playing otherwise dont bother..)

actually ever notice how the rugby/horse racing/golf community seem to be intertwined... followed by D4 smarmy tw*ts....

pete
11/04/2003, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by GWA
My opinion would be fecking CURLING! Its not so much Boring, as utterly pointless.

No way. Curlings great! All that sweepoing means it fits in perfectly with a part-time janitor job!

:eek:

pineapple stu
11/04/2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
tennis (unless its two daycent lassies playing otherwise dont bother..)

Daycent lassies and tennis? Do those words go together any more? ;)

Pauro 76
11/04/2003, 1:50 PM
Daycent lassies and tennis? Do those words go together any more? ;)

Yeah of course! think Kournikova and ehmmm Kournikova... :(

sadloserkid
11/04/2003, 1:51 PM
Pierce, Hingis, Huber, Applemans, Coetzer...

shedite
11/04/2003, 3:28 PM
How about Basketball?

You score and then you concede. It's not like you celebrate a point and if you concede then you can just go down the other end and score anyway. Whoever scores last wins!

pineapple stu
12/04/2003, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Pierce, Hingis, Huber, Applemans, Coetzer...

Hingis - retired.

Kournikova - never lasts long enough any more (boom! boom!)

Pierce, Huber, Applemans and Coetzer were all around 10 years ago, so must be getting along a bit now...

There's some Slovakian one now, though - Khladkova or something. But once you get to the quarters, it's always American woMEN.

Don't know if that deserves a frowny smiley...

el insider
12/04/2003, 7:24 PM
cricket defo
i just couldnt watch that crap
snooker is good at the final stages of the final if its level goin into the last frame........

Kickeroo
15/04/2003, 1:09 PM
How about BOWLING? Talk about a sport that ABSOLUTELY requires NO physical fitness.

And for our Canadian, Norweigan, and other Arctic friends, the vote goes for CURLING. What a waste of some absolutely good ice time!

sorbothegreek
15/04/2003, 7:12 PM
Surprised to see darts with so many votes. It has provided the world with the greatest commentator ever, O.k technically not part of the sport itself, but please...

For Sids sake?

b_mcsweeney
16/04/2003, 3:04 PM
danielle hantuchova's the tennis player, if its the one with the legs that go on and on that you're thinking of.

in terms of boring sports, i've got to go with anything equine, the only problem being in terms of classification. is horse racing actually a sport at all, its popularity is more to do with the gambling element than any sporting prowess being involved. so if you count horse racing, then thats it.

Schumi
16/04/2003, 3:08 PM
:eek: Formula 1 is leading, I'm appalled. What kind of sick weirdos are voting on this?

John83
22/04/2003, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
:eek: Formula 1 is leading, I'm appalled. What kind of sick weirdos are voting on this?

God only knows. Probably Rovers fans who spend the whole race complaining about that lack of security feaetures in the car.

I voted for cricket. If you don't agree, read Douglas Adams.

Niamh_GalwayGal
22/04/2003, 10:30 PM
yeah curling is the worst. Dunno why the Brits got so excited they won the most boring gold medal in either olyimpics...My floors r fairly dirrty tho, wonder what that teams doing this weekend...

GAA?? BORING?? Ahem how dare you! Hurling is one of the most skilful games ever. Bet ur from somewhere like Carlow or....em..Louth

Cityace
22/08/2003, 11:17 PM
Cricket is great to watch, England just make fools of themselves and lose all the time, its great.Rugby is Sh!te.Snooker and darts are a good relaxing watch.

Could the names of the people who voted for the GAA please be posted so i can kill them?

nlgbbbblth
24/08/2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by pete
Got to be the nags - unless got money on a horse no point in watching.

Test Cricket *zzzzzzzzzz* although would watch some one day just to see England lose again.

Golf - First 3 days a waste & only watchable if rooting for someone.

Snooker pretty bad as well most of the time.

I'm not a fan of cricket and I don't care if England win or lose.

I definitely wouldn't watch it just to see them lose though - that mentality really annoys me.

Say Saddam bombs Dublin and kills 20,000 people.

Ten years later England play Iraq in a soccer match
I guarantee you that the majority of Irish people would be cheering on the Iraq team

nlgbbbblth
24/08/2003, 2:32 PM
my point being that Irish people have a inconsistent attitude towards England and will cheer on the opposition no matter who they are.

if you support an EL club and no-one else then you're entitled to hate the English national team. But if you support an English club and do the same then you're a f u c k i n g hypocrite.

I know people say they're still going on about 1966 etc.
But Celtic fans are still going on about being founded by Wilfred etc etc etc as if that makes them Irish and justifies legions of people here to support them.

As for Tim Henman and the way lots of Irish don't want him to win Wimbledon because of "the crowd/the media/the hype" remember this:

it's an English competition
he's an English player, their No 1
obviously they're going to hype up his chances - there would be something wrong if they didn't

tiktok
24/08/2003, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
......Irish people have a inconsistent attitude towards England and will cheer on the opposition no matter who they are.

surely that's a consisent attitude ;)

I think it's sad that we have such a desire to see England do badly, moreso having personally experienced English people cheering Ireland on during the last World Cup.
Having said that, the reason the majority of us do dislike them has little to do with '900 years of oppresion' and more to do with the 'Bulldog spirit' that is perpetually shoved down our throats in their media.
England are incapable of winning football tournaments with the players they have yet the media treat success as a forgone conclusion when they qualify.
Henman will never (ever) win Wimbledon, despite their protestations.
The only team sport where they have a genuine chance of winning a world title is Rugby, and after Martin Johnson's crap last season no-one here is going to cheer them on.

I think the Irish are instinctively drawn to cheer for the underdog while the English media sets their sports stars up perennial favourites, and never the twain shall meet.

baseball is the world's most boring sport by the way, but as it wasn't on the list i went for horse racing!

Colm
24/08/2003, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Now now, he'd have to be very accurate to hit the methadone queue...

LOL:D :D

That's brilliant Conor.

nlgbbbblth
24/08/2003, 9:56 PM
Originally posted by tiktok

I think 2004 could be his year...:D

Bluebeard
25/08/2003, 3:33 PM
surely that's a consisent attitude ;)

I think it's sad that we have such a desire to see England do badly, moreso having personally experienced English people cheering Ireland on during the last World Cup.
Having said that, the reason the majority of us do dislike them has little to do with '900 years of oppresion' and more to do with the 'Bulldog spirit' that is perpetually shoved down our throats in their media.
England are incapable of winning football tournaments with the players they have yet the media treat success as a forgone conclusion when they qualify.
The only team sport where they have a genuine chance of winning a world title is Rugby, and after Martin Johnson's crap last season no-one here is going to cheer them on.

I think the Irish are instinctively drawn to cheer for the underdog while the English media sets their sports stars up perennial favourites, and never the twain shall meet.

baseball is the world's most boring sport by the way, but as it wasn't on the list i went for horse racing!

Tiktok, you are show a clear lack of understanding or charity to our neighbors from over the sea - it's clearly American "Foot"ball that is the most dull of dull games, also sadly absent from the list.

dahamsta
25/08/2003, 3:37 PM
I find curling very relaxing to watch. Totally chills me out. Tennis bores the arse off me, but have to admit to stopping occasionally if there's a particularly short skirt on view. I voted for golf. Yawn-o-rama.

adam

EireBadBoy
25/08/2003, 5:37 PM
To defend the mentioned Sports........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D

Footie_Fan
28/08/2003, 9:10 PM

The first is rugby for idiots,

This statement smacks of idiocy. Rugby is a fantastic sport.

tiktok
28/08/2003, 9:35 PM
To be fair, pineapple stu didn't say that rugby was played by idiots, if you read his post it says american football is 'rugby for idiots' implying it's a lesser sport than rugby.

personally i think american football is rugby for flabby sissies:D

Footie_Fan
28/08/2003, 9:58 PM
To be fair, pineapple stu didn't say that rugby was played by idiots, if you read his post it says american football is 'rugby for idiots' implying it's a lesser sport than rugby.

personally i think american football is rugby for flabby sissies:D

fair point

pineapple stu
28/08/2003, 11:26 PM
Thank you tiktok!

Incidentally, I do hate rugby anyway though!:rolleyes:

max power
29/08/2003, 4:48 PM
just had a look at the tread and i suppose i have a few points, hingis mmmmmmmmmmmmm, cricket zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, curling relaxing ???????

but really all sports are boring to me compared to skydiving, knowing that all that is stopping a person from hitting the ground at almost 130 mph is a thin piece of material makes it exciting, plus what can be done while falling 200 ft a second is amazing, get a video of it some time and you'll be hooked !!!!

NRH keeper
16/09/2003, 3:13 PM

I hate rugby too, but sometimes the players forget about the sport and their poncy upbringing and show their thuggish side with digs and headbutts, and that means I sometimes have a mild interest in a passage of play.

i from fairhill and not have a poncy upbringing so would not know about that on
never headbutted someone either

Originally posted by GWA

Rugby? Well I spose if u consider pi55ing into pint glasses, ankle races, and shaggig ur friends girlfriend/father/mother a sport well fair enough.

never píssed into a pint glass.
ankle race????
shag friends girl but only if she is cute:p

by the way

NRH = Norrie rugger head

Keeper = the guy that stopped your lads scoring as much as the PRoC lads last sunday

BTW i said other as soccer in most EL games are the most boring ugly and tatically inept versions of an otherwise excellent

bare in mind i said most EL games not all, and yes i have been to quite a few

Niamh_GalwayGal
19/09/2003, 7:18 PM
But he seems like a nice guy who is devoted to his family.

so devoted he lets cameras film his kids all day. he is relentlessly self-Publicising to a point where it's obscene

thecorner
13/03/2005, 3:37 PM
what about crown green bowls :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

Green Tribe
13/03/2005, 3:58 PM
CRICKET - boring farts in woolly jumpers and golf(only good to play not watch)

Éanna
13/03/2005, 4:01 PM
cricket's a good laugh to play, but not great to watch. it takes effort to understand and peope usually couldn't be arsed

Gibbe84
13/03/2005, 4:10 PM
Cricket is great to play for local clubs for the team spirit. Name another sport where you can drink beer at half time and smoke during the match?

On another note, I disagree about curling. I'm happy for the missus to get out there and practice her sweeping techniques. The house is a dump and needs a good clean.

Worst sport has to be tour de France style cycling. Mountain biking is cool and there's loads of crashings, but is there anything worse than watching people cycle for 120 miles and then race for the last 5 or so?

aberharp
13/03/2005, 6:32 PM
it's easily cricket by a long way

Green Tribe
13/03/2005, 6:53 PM
Gymnastics and ice-skating are one of the best non-ball games to watch. i have been fascinated for years by the skill, determination and expertise of the athletes, in particular, gymnastics. Luckily, being in Glasgow i get to see the grand prix held here every october/november, have seen the top gymnasts in action. deadly! Unfortunately there is not much of either sport on mainstream tv.

curling - no way

cricket - hell, no

golf - yawn, but wouldn't say no to playing it in the Algarve :D

OwlsFan
22/03/2005, 4:04 PM
I love cricket. Play it all summer - great way to spend an afternoon and then on to the pub. Spends hours in front of the TV watching it. Magic :D

Most boring:

a bad game of Gaelic football where it's all free kicks.

Formula 1: televised traffic.

Wresting - even the real stuff.

Synchonised swimming - apart from the nice legs in the air of the female swimmers :o

Tennis - who cares if one boring non entity beats another.

Darts - the sport of athletes :p

Rugby league

Soko
22/03/2005, 7:46 PM
Surely tennis..........unless its Wimbeldon and Henman is losing again :p