PDA

View Full Version : Woods vs Cahill

Shelsman
10/04/2003, 1:12 PM
Which is the better player?

Colm
10/04/2003, 1:24 PM
There's no contest really. Sorry Billy that judas barstard is better that ya!:)

Troy.McClure
10/04/2003, 1:31 PM
Is this 'which player is better at the top of his ability' or 'which player is usually better'?

At the top of his ability, its Billy, but Ollie always has his pace which kills other players but cant cross his legs and often gives as little effort as Billy.

Billy should be better, Ollie usually is though

Ali-G
10/04/2003, 1:31 PM
Ollie C is a city legend. I think the reason Woodsie gets such stick at City is that he is compared to Ollie. Ollie C is much more skillful, scores more goals, is a better crosser of a ball, is faster, tracks back.

dc.
10/04/2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Ollie C is a city legend. I think the reason Woodsie gets such stick at City is that he is compared to Ollie. Ollie C is much more skillful, scores more goals, is a better crosser of a ball, is faster, tracks back.

Ali, I'd agree with your sentiments on Ollie But I don't think people's criticism of BW really stem from comparisions with Ollie, remember we had BW while Ollie was still playing hurling in the premier!! People (like myself) are critical of BW cos we know how much better he can (used to) be. The problem now is that he plays like he doesn't give a flying s*it.

patsh
10/04/2003, 2:18 PM
If you were to compare them when both were at their best, Woods has it by a mile.

shed head
10/04/2003, 2:30 PM
id agree with ya there dc, ollie wasnt the most determined but he used to track back. billy doesnt give a s**t once the ball is behind him and he thinks its nothin got to do with him. he doesnt help his defence and if the ball is played 2-3 yards away from him he'll very rarely stretch and then he gives abuse about the pass. ollie was a better player by far.

James
10/04/2003, 4:08 PM
Woods Magic at his best
cahill's a judas money grabbing langar :)
of course this was all too different only a couple of seasons ago

Troy.McClure
10/04/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by James
Woods Magic at his best

What he said! :D

A face
10/04/2003, 5:10 PM
When they are both on top form then it is Woods, he is a better all round player.

Badweather Fan
10/04/2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by dc.
People (like myself) are critical of BW cos we know how much better he can (used to) be.
Same reason people are critical of bwF.
Billy of long distant memories beats any Ollie but not at the moment.

applehunter
10/04/2003, 11:29 PM
In my career supporting Cork City I'd have to say Ollie C. I mean for 2/3 years there, Ollie Cahill was the only good thing about City. He was our best player and was carrying the team. But, the one critisism I had of Ollie was that he never scored enough goals for me. He would always get in terrific positions to shoot but more often than not he would pass. So in that sense Billy Woods would have the edge.

But 2 good players for Cork. From a supporters point of view though, the way Ollie celebrated in front of the shed after shels scored kind of tarnishes is reputation a bit.

bert
11/04/2003, 12:47 AM
Woods Magic at his best

Surely if Sh$ls offered us Ollie for Billy, we'd bite their hands off and laugh at the bargain we got. He may be a turncoat, but he was a class act, unlike Billy who was just a turncoat.

James
11/04/2003, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by bert
Surely if Sh$ls offered us Ollie for Billy, we'd bite their hands off and laugh at the bargain we got. He may be a turncoat, but he was a class act, unlike Billy who was just a turncoat.

bert bert bert bert bert bert BERT

woods was a class act, and at his best better then Cahill imo

i think woods and cahill's coats are similar (Although i havent seen them and this is only idle speculation based on rumour :)) and anyways whats their coats got to do with anything.. thats a clothest remark and theres no place for that here :)
maybe try off-topics

and as for biting ppl's hands off.
CANABALISM OUT

eoinh
11/04/2003, 9:24 AM
i think ollie was one of the best players city have ever had. He was brilliant. if city go full-time in the future i would expect ollie to be back at some stage in the future.

Troy.McClure
11/04/2003, 2:08 PM
CANABALISM OUT
Murphy out, Noelle out, God, you're some picky langar ya know that? Cant people just relax and do what they want?:confused: ;)

yan
11/04/2003, 3:22 PM
i think ollie was one of the best players city have ever had. He was brilliant. if city go full-time in the future i would expect ollie to be back at some stage in the future.

not to sure if he would be welcomed back by us fans after that clinched fist when shels scored at the cross last season-we ****ing showed him-money grabbing cu nt