PDA

View Full Version : Bray v Derry, Cork & Bohs

BrayUnknowns
24/08/2007, 12:32 PM
2 away game in 4 days in Derry and Cork nd then at home to Bohs. It's going to be a long horrible week! Can't see us taking anything form the 3 games :(

Stevo Da Gull
24/08/2007, 12:49 PM
2 away game in 4 days in Derry and Cork nd then at home to Bohs. It's going to be a long horrible week! Can't see us taking anything form the 3 games :(

No offence, but I hope the players are a bit more positive... or else you'll be right.

4 points would be a good return :cool:

superfrank
24/08/2007, 2:39 PM
4 points would be brilliant. In all honesty, I think Bohs at home is the only hope we have of getting anything at all.

mightyseagull
24/08/2007, 3:29 PM
4 points would be brilliant. In all honesty, I think Bohs at home is the only hope we have of getting anything at all.

Have to agree with superfrank on this one. two very hard away games that been honest we wont get anything out of unless luck is on our side and maybe scrape a point, i just hope come bohs next friday the players aint burnt out. We seem to be able to take it to the bigger clubs when where at home.

Also calling on all fans to be there for the bohs game lets make it as uncomfortable as possible for the bohs players that way hopefully we will take something from the game

Grey Boy
24/08/2007, 9:31 PM
Can someone clarify the (I hate saying this) story with relegation this season. Is it bottom team automatic and second bottom in play off? It changes so much every other season that I've forgotten. We need to spawn some points from somewhere or the progress we've made this season will be useless.

BrayUnknowns
26/08/2007, 9:24 AM
Can someone clarify the (I hate saying this) story with relegation this season. Is it bottom team automatic and second bottom in play off? It changes so much every other season that I've forgotten. We need to spawn some points from somewhere or the progress we've made this season will be useless.

Yes. Bottom go down, 2nd bottom go into a play-off with 2nd place in the 1st division. At the moment other teams arou us ar picking up points so there is a chance this could happen, and it look like being Cobh or Harps at the moment.

Bunny Kelly
26/08/2007, 3:43 PM
What was the Bray team I cant find it? Cheers

lofty9
27/08/2007, 8:17 AM
What was the Bray team I cant find it? Cheers

O'Connor, Cronine, Fox, Cawley, Kavanagh, Ivory, Deans, McCabe, Owen Biko, Kenny, Hurley. Substitutes: Gough, Lawson, Broderick, Williams, Georgescu.

BrayUnknowns
28/08/2007, 8:20 AM
it's nice to be wrong with stuff like this :-) Great preformance and a good result, although it should have been better but i won't start picking at little things. Fair play to the management team and players for picking themselves up and putting in such a great preformance, but it will only be a good result if we pick up points on Friday against Bohs, which now think we can, should be a great confidence booster.

Kavanagh and Duggan really stood out for me, Duggo didn't let "Irish International" Gamble settle all evening

superfrank
28/08/2007, 12:08 PM
Delighted with the point last night. Sure we could've gotten more but a point in Turner's Cross is a good result.

I thought Kav had an outstanding game last night.

bray boy
28/08/2007, 1:42 PM
really good performance deserved 3 points but ill take one what was the craic with the jerseys?

Bray Head
28/08/2007, 2:47 PM
Best performance of the season that deserved all 3 points. France looks to be back on form. The gear incident was embarresing. Looks like the refs are getting stricker so we need a proper alternative away gear for next season that's not in similar colours to our home gear.

Grasshopper 99
28/08/2007, 3:43 PM
Get a third jersey, say black with slim white strips, we had a lovely black and white jersey before, at least with the slim white lines, it should not clash as much

superfrank
28/08/2007, 3:46 PM
Something like the navy and red one we had by Adidas would be grand.

dublinwanderer
28/08/2007, 8:27 PM
defo not navy and red. it was a nice jersey but they never won wearing it... i think they should try a yellow colour to be different...

Hulsey
29/08/2007, 3:45 AM
Great result last night. Every single one of us would have settled for a point before the game, and while we could have had all three, we came extremely close to having nothing for our hard work.

The kit situation was an embarrasment. While it was stupid to have a green and white home and then an all white away, surely Cork could have played in their away jersey and avoided making a joke out of both us and the league on national television. I know if the club had have thought out the second strips colours properly there wouldn't have been a problem, but still it wasn't as if Cork would have lost an advantage by playing in their away jersey. If anything it got the lads fired up for the game and a lot more determined.

Bring on bohs on friday!

notever
30/08/2007, 8:06 PM
I am sure everybody would have been happy with a point on Monday but it could have been three.I think and hope the the confidence we would have taken from the performance and the result will be to our benefit on Friday night. Lets hope the gang in the "shed" on Friday get behind the team with plenty of noise right from the start. Come on everybody lets go for it right from kick-off and show the Boes what we can do.

thedoyler
30/08/2007, 11:53 PM
I was down in Cork and it was the most passionate performance ive ever seen from the lads. Each and every player seemed to really care about the perceived plight that the club appears to be in, with that spirit the club will pull away from the bottom 2 with ease hopefully. On a great note the players came out after the whistle and clapped the fans that travelled down, all 2 of us haha they spoke very positively and really believe they can beat bohs on friday. Alan cawley's attitude said it all about 5 mins after our 2nd goal eddie shouted at him to get all the boys to sit deeper and try and hold on and he said 'no way gaffer we want 3 or 4 goals' i know this sort of mentality cost us 3 points but as the cork boys said after the match to us it was great to see a team come down and play football at the cross for once and not just sit back and try for a draw, heck willo said last season he went there with shels 3 times and lost all 3, so by that logic its a great result! The cork fans were great also.

Stevo Da Gull
31/08/2007, 1:16 AM
I was down in Cork and it was the most passionate performance ive ever seen from the lads. Each and every player seemed to really care about the perceived plight that the club appears to be in, with that spirit the club will pull away from the bottom 2 with ease hopefully. On a great note the players came out after the whistle and clapped the fans that travelled down, all 2 of us haha they spoke very positively and really believe they can beat bohs on friday. Alan cawley's attitude said it all about 5 mins after our 2nd goal eddie shouted at him to get all the boys to sit deeper and try and hold on and he said 'no way gaffer we want 3 or 4 goals' i know this sort of mentality cost us 3 points but as the cork boys said after the match to us it was great to see a team come down and play football at the cross for once and not just sit back and try for a draw, heck willo said last season he went there with shels 3 times and lost all 3, so by that logic its a great result! The cork fans were great also.

Fair play to you for travelling down ;)
It was one of the most entertaining matches i've seen in ages, if the lads keep this up they'll be travelling up the table in no-time :ball:
3 points against Bohs would be perfect, cmon the Wanderers!

bray boy
31/08/2007, 10:31 PM
well i think to be honest in the end we ran out of steam the lads simply were tired and there fitness and qulaity of play showed that im sure if that had been a normal friday match (where we didnt have to play on tuesday or wednesday whatever) we would have had them.
it was nice to see a few more people standing up and singing even if they were kids i thought we could have used the drum more though!!
i think we still have that little bit more than waterford and longford which should be enough to keep us up

Eoingull
03/09/2007, 12:20 AM
Actually, I noticed that too...it did look like there were considerably more supporters than usual in the singing section...let's hope they keep on coming down.

BrayUnknowns
03/09/2007, 9:07 AM
I think we can consider ourselves lucky that Bohs strikers were muck against us on Friday. Crowe could have had 4 or 5 before he actually scored. Little breaks didn't go our way like the goal on half time from Franco or the peno that wasn't given to us, but over all Bohs should have won 6 or 7 nil. Skippy was poor for 2 of their goals, i just don't think he's up to Premier level. He's had his chance back in nets and a run of 3 games to try and prove himself as the number 1 but has conceded 8 goals.

notever
04/09/2007, 8:00 PM
I also remarked that there seemed to be more bodies than usual in the "shed" at the start of the game. It was nice to see, but a pity so many left early, I know the fare served up wasn't the best but it would have been nice if they had stayed till the end.

centre mid
04/09/2007, 8:06 PM
I brought my brother to the match on Friday, i dont think he will be back.

bray boy
04/09/2007, 9:20 PM
dont think they were there for the match lads

superfrank
04/09/2007, 10:11 PM
I also remarked that there seemed to be more bodies than usual in the "shed" at the start of the game. It was nice to see, but a pity so many left early, I know the fare served up wasn't the best but it would have been nice if they had stayed till the end.
Make no mistakes about it. They were all little kids, about 12-16, and they left just to start trouble with the Bohs fans. We'll see how many of them show for our next home game.

Eoingull
05/09/2007, 12:06 AM
Hmmm, you could be right there chaps. Walking up the Quinsboro Road after the game I passed a group of young Bray locals who were talking about going down to catch the Bohs fans on their way out.