PDA

View Full Version : CCOSC Fans Forum with Aidan Tynan

A face
24/08/2007, 9:22 AM
Was anyone at it last night, what was your opnion on it?

Risteard
24/08/2007, 10:13 AM
No, wasn't around but I'm going to join the OSC when the next one comes along.

Real ale Madrid
24/08/2007, 10:47 AM
Sounds fantastic, brand building, new stadium, new players, investment of about 35-40million. What's not to like!

Now can they pull it off.....................

What did you think Aface?

Risteard
24/08/2007, 11:15 AM
Just heard about it.
I think Arkaga is a good thing but I get apprehensive when I hear talk of new stadiums etc.
Remember, we've been here before and it just seems shockingly good.
What we do have behind us though is a need for a 15,000 concert venue in the city.
I think they're genuine.
Did he seem to be going on about CL group stages and being a Rosenberg etc?

A face
24/08/2007, 11:51 AM
Sounds fantastic, brand building, new stadium, new players, investment of about 35-40million. What's not to like!

Now can they pull it off.....................

What did you think Aface?

I think if they manage a quarter of that then i think we'll be in a far better position than we are now. I would like to think that fans can play a big part in all of this too. It seems like a very sound reasoned approach, and its clear that Tynan knows all the ins and outs of what he can and cant do.

Its dig in for the next year or two though as we are still in transition and i would'nt be expecting much to be honest. If we can manage European football each year then i think we'll have done well.

pete
24/08/2007, 2:08 PM
I am naturally skeptical of big plans for eL football but after reading some of the ideas & plans by our new owners I am blown away. I am all the more impressed because ground work & investigating of new ground issues have been underway for sometime.

I think the new owners are a lot different than a few local businessmen banding together & coming up with grant schemes & plans. These are serious experienced people not lead by emotion.

I think soon we will have the structures that will allow us to keep the next Kevin Doyle or at least sell for much larger transfer fee.

derm
24/08/2007, 3:30 PM
I think if they manage a quarter of that then i think we'll be in a far better position than we are now. I would like to think that fans can play a big part in all of this too. It seems like a very sound reasoned approach, and its clear that Tynan knows all the ins and outs of what he can and cant do.

Its dig in for the next year or two though as we are still in transition and i would'nt be expecting much to be honest. If we can manage European football each year then i think we'll have done well.

I'd agree with all of that. The plans sound extremely good, but at the end of the day we go for what happens on the pitch and the problems there won't be solved over night. However, many teams are in transition also, enough for us to hope for silverware at any rate, but again I'd be very happy Europe.

Risteard
24/08/2007, 11:26 PM
The thing I don't get about a new stadium on the Docklands or B-town is why don't they just try to buy out Betsy O'Sullivan(The Box) or whatever the familes name is.
The football authorities already have Bishopstown so mightn't need to sell it if Arkaga pays up on the remaining lease also.

alansmithccfc
25/08/2007, 1:57 PM
Not a fan of the Cork Fc thing though

micls
25/08/2007, 2:24 PM
The thing I don't get about a new stadium on the Docklands or B-town is why don't they just try to buy out Betsy O'Sullivan(The Box) or whatever the familes name is.
The football authorities already have Bishopstown so mightn't need to sell it if Arkaga pays up on the remaining lease also.

Its not big enough to develop the way they want

pete
25/08/2007, 6:09 PM
The FAI have already sold Bishopstown. I think City can use as training facility for another year until the Developers get planning permission.

The name thing was just an off the cuff remark apparently, I don't think any serious plans behind plus its only a name...

A face
26/08/2007, 12:45 AM
Not a fan of the Cork Fc thing though

Not going to happen, the case was made when it was suggested, and only as a pass away comment. Dont worry.

Its not big enough to develop the way they want

Not right now agreed, but we have been saying for years the potential is there. I know it seems mad that it actually might happen but i'd prefer if it did happen, rather than always saying it could happen.

Hitman
26/08/2007, 7:45 PM
Some fans are obviously really keen to leave the Cross seeing as they've daubed Rico Out on the gates. I assume that's what they mean anyway.

A face
26/08/2007, 8:37 PM
Some fans are obviously really keen to leave the Cross seeing as they've daubed Rico Out on the gates. I assume that's what they mean anyway.

Are you serious? They have taken to criminal damage now, will those pesky kids stop at nothing :p

pete
26/08/2007, 9:55 PM
Are you serious? They have taken to criminal damage now, will those pesky kids stop at nothing :p

Maybe Rico isn't the greatest ever Manager but vandalism like that would only come from knee jerk 12 year olds. :rolleyes:

A face
26/08/2007, 11:01 PM
Maybe Rico isn't the greatest ever Manager but vandalism like that would only come from knee jerk 12 year olds. :rolleyes:

Takes all types to make a group of 'fans' though :p