PDA

View Full Version : Limerick 37 v Dundalk.

joeSoap
24/08/2007, 8:39 AM
Recent results have dictated that this game is not the huge event it looked like being a few weeks ago, and I think will probably be the final nail in our promotion challenge. However Dundalk are not in the best of form themselves, so who knows.

Victory is a must, but I can't see it. 1-1 with Tommy scoring for us.:ball:

Oh, and is there any possible chance that this thread can be purely based on football, the game and tactics. No talk of the club being in the mire please, no talk of Ski being a tosser, just football please.

declan hide
24/08/2007, 9:02 AM
hopefully Tierney will play or play some part. He didnt feature in the last couple of league games i got to so i have yet to see the boy in action.

are barrett, kelleher and molan back for this?

is rossi suspended?

Magicme
24/08/2007, 9:13 AM
All I can say is "get into them their easy!" :D

Good luck tonight!

Jofspring
24/08/2007, 9:44 AM
lookin forward to this one myself...... in an optimistic mood today, feel limerick could win it. 2-1 to limerick.

bellavistaman
24/08/2007, 11:13 AM
Come on the lims, do yere buddies a favour! :D

jebus
24/08/2007, 2:39 PM
Come on the lims, do yere buddies a favour! :D

Back to the sticks with you boy :p

I predict we lose 3-1. There's no motivation in this team, and i don't see us being as up for it as dundalk (thankfully i won't see it either, as i'm currently looking for a house in dublin :))

Super Rovers
24/08/2007, 3:52 PM
The club is in the mire and Ski Magee is a tosser! Now!

wow did you think of that all by yourself.must of being very hard for you.

couldn't just stick to the football side and not the financial or anything about Mcgee.

L37Ultra
24/08/2007, 6:59 PM
its friday super rovers - lighten up - look at the first post on the thread - he asked for it - now go away and find something else to be annoyed at. i'd say your great crack altogether!!

No you lighten up and stop being negative about the club when its not true!! If Joesoap asked for it then why dont you respect his request!! Its not that hard, theres other thread to discuss Mcgee and the clubs finance!! Anyways lads, still in Spain so on internet here checking the score in the Dundalk game!! :ball: I dont trust the Aertel on RTE.ie anymore!! :)

bellavistaman
24/08/2007, 8:36 PM
Yes, cant believe it. great result lads, well done.

And cheers, ha

Marco
24/08/2007, 8:41 PM
That's a mighty result, what was the crowd like, well done again.

4tothefloor
24/08/2007, 8:49 PM
just in the door from work and seen the result, pretty shocked I have to say! :D Great to see Harrington and Tierney getting some goals, anyone care to give a bit of a match report?

Rambler1
24/08/2007, 9:13 PM
Great stuff lads...that not only gives us a great boost but gives ye a lot to play for also....well done...what a hammering

4tothefloor
24/08/2007, 9:35 PM
what a hammering
We've owed them one of those, for years of misery.....

Jofspring
24/08/2007, 9:53 PM
best performance from the whole team this season. tierney and mccarthy were brilliant up front (they should definately be the starting partnership up front). colbert and harrington were solid in midfield. Rossi was average as usual and waters had a decent game. keady, purcell and finucane had great games. molan really stood out at left back though, will give mcgee something to think about when deciding whether to play molan or buckley at left back. Fyffe didn't really have much to do but he was fairly solid and his kick outs where good.

limerick made Dundalk look very average tonight. played some nice football aswell. they actual were able to string a few passes together. a few more performances like the one tonight and there is no way you could write off limerick for a play off spot at least.

finding it hard to remember most of the goals cause i was too busy celebrating them. Tierneys was a free kick (delighted he scored, he worked his socks off and was trouble for dundalk all night). Purcells was a header. harringtons first was a bit of a scramble in the box and he finished it off. i'm finding it hard to remember his second goal cause as i said i was too busy celebrating to even think about the goal just scored :D dundalks goal was a well taken free kick.

all in all a very enjoyable game. probably the most enjoyable all season :D

L37Ultra
24/08/2007, 10:03 PM
Nice one!! Fair play for that Jofspring. I hope tonights result shuts up a lot of doubters and moaners. Saying that, during that bad string of results it really was excellent to see so many people staying behind the team and being positive !! Shelbourne next friday is going to be a tough one and we still have to play Wexford away soon again (When is that BTW?) In my opinion it is still all to play for. I was dissapointed I missed tonight but its been a good week of results and I should go on holiday more often if this is what happens!! :D Great to hear the U-21 players are doing well and the future looks bright in that sense.

JohnD
24/08/2007, 10:54 PM
Well Done Lads. At Long last we beat Dundalk at home !!
I missed this tonight and would have loved to be there. Ah well lets hope this is the start of the comeback.

BTW thought the team selection was spot on. Molan full Back is a great idea and Tierney, Derek up front also sounds good !!

JohnD

grumpypaddy
24/08/2007, 11:09 PM
great result lads, Dundalk are a shadow of the team that played down here earlier in the season. Probably one of the best performances of the season allright, loads of chances created and we could have scored 6 in the scond half! the crowd was 525 which was disappointing but hopefully some of the fairweather fans will come back.. Also thought that it was a good idea to have a raffle for a prize at half time, a good way of generating a few bob from the punters. Roll on the draw for Monday! Also heard that there is a good chance that the game against Shelbourne could be called off as one of the main people involved with shelbourne is seriously ill..

fc hammer
25/08/2007, 12:31 AM
Great win tonight , should get our season back on track. If only we could play like that every week .We made Dundalk look very average tonight .. That 4-1 flattered them it could have easily been five or six at least with a bit of luck in front of goals... Dundalk don't bother us ..!

fc hammer
25/08/2007, 12:38 AM
The club is in the mire and Ski Magee is a tosser! Now!
Ya right.. the only tosser around here now is you. By the way ease up on the tablets.

holidaysong
25/08/2007, 12:56 AM
It was a long trip home to Dundalk after that shambles tonight. Fair play to Limerick - you took your chances and fully deserved the win. Your boy who was straight through towards the end should have made it five. We were down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes or so when our captain went off injured but the damage was done by then. Pity the crowd was so bad. About 1/3 the crowd that was there the last time we were down..

fc hammer
25/08/2007, 1:04 AM
It was a long trip home to Dundalk after that shambles tonight. Fair play to Limerick - you took your chances and fully deserved the win. Your boy who was straight through towards the end should have made it five. We were down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes or so when our captain went off injured but the damage was done by then. Pity the crowd was so bad. About 1/3 the crowd that was there the last time we were down..
You said it small enough crowd .. Where are all the sunshine boy's gone !

Monkfish
25/08/2007, 1:50 AM
Game on! things finally clicked tonight, time for this outsider to move from its stalking position behind the leading pack and make its move, yup our dat!:cool:

KoemansCC
25/08/2007, 2:27 AM
Great result lads...

I've no ammunition to slag the '37 boys in work tomorrow now :mad:...

Monkfish
25/08/2007, 2:42 AM
Great result lads...

I've no ammunition to slag the '37 boys in work tomorrow now :mad:...

Devistated for ya!:p

KoemansCC
25/08/2007, 2:52 AM
A lot of the season left to go yet, and we're all aware of the '37 boys tolerance of slagging :p:p:p...

Monkfish
25/08/2007, 3:03 AM
A lot of the season left to go yet, and we're all aware of the '37 boys tolerance of slagging:p:p...

Wha chu talken bout sham! slaggen me r'ya?:)

Dunny
25/08/2007, 3:06 AM
all j havta say to yas lads is fair play to yas

Monkfish
25/08/2007, 3:10 AM
all j havta say to yas lads is fair play to yas

Sound dunny, have yet to see 'that Dundalk shower' iv heard about off the pitch, D4 propaganda prehaps?;)

KoemansCC
25/08/2007, 3:29 AM
Wha chu talken bout sham! slaggen me r'ya?:)

Wha chu looken at kid?...

Lionel Ritchie
25/08/2007, 10:22 AM
Great game and as said already 6-1 wouldn't have flattered us.

Should've been a goal up at half time when a free header was put wide.

There wasn't a bad goal in the bunch though the Dundalk defending was a bit suspect. Our defending for Dundalks well taken consolation (from a free) was appalling ...just to be picky.:D

Cici900
25/08/2007, 11:11 AM
Thank you and congrats

passinginterest
25/08/2007, 5:10 PM
Couldn't believe it when I saw that result, fair play, gives ye a decent chance of the playoff again.

On a side note I just discovered today that the fella called Ski on my football team is none other than Ski McGee, you heard right, son of Limerick 37 manager of the same name. Handy enough footballer too.

Dunny
25/08/2007, 11:23 PM
Sound dunny, have yet to see 'that Dundalk shower' iv heard about off the pitch, D4 propaganda prehaps?;)
Dundalk shower? wha??

Lim till i die
26/08/2007, 11:36 PM
Great Performance

Fairly hard to find major fault although if I'm being picky Dundalk were horrific

Let's get a bit of consistency going now :ball:

Ash
27/08/2007, 11:47 AM
We heard the scores being announced in CHP on Friday night,
and when MagicMe called them out the crowd went wild :D

Magicme
27/08/2007, 11:54 AM
Yeah and Ash did you see how people turned to look at me when I announced the 3-0 scoreline? They thought I was joking! It had gone from 1-0 to 3-0 and we began to think that our Limerick chums just couldnt count properly! Battery Rover wouldnt believe me either & had to convince him by telling him who was updating us! (that didnt really work & he rang someone to verify it himself!)

declan hide
27/08/2007, 12:56 PM
great performance. shows what we can do - hopefully we can keep up that level for the remainder of the season. harrington and tierney were superb. molan was sharp at left back as well - i'd keep him there.

Monkfish
27/08/2007, 8:19 PM
[QUOTE=Magicme;755732]we began to think that our Limerick chums just couldnt count properly! [QUOTE]

Well if you do insist on using the 'friend of a friend' system there may be a delay:p (especially when your trying to see if the girl 'needtoknow' almost decapitated is still alive):)

Monkfish
27/08/2007, 8:47 PM
Dundalk shower? wha??

Oh you know, you hear this and that, here and there. I even left a full packet of cable ties behind me putting up the flags, only to discover they werent taken by the Dundalk flag hangers when i returned 2 hours later! I mean if you left a can unattended in the shed for 2 mins the likes of 'lim til i die' and 'jebus' would have it raped! Thank God we've flushed out their type out of the shed!:D

Magicme
28/08/2007, 8:41 AM
[QUOTE=Magicme;755732]we began to think that our Limerick chums just couldnt count properly! [QUOTE]

Well if you do insist on using the 'friend of a friend' system there may be a delay:p (especially when your trying to see if the girl 'needtoknow' almost decapitated is still alive):)

Well since I cant text when am working at the game I need to rely on the "friend of a friend" system!

Needtoknow is barred from my house now, cant have headless people wandering around my gaff. :eek:

jebus
28/08/2007, 9:33 AM
I mean if you left a can unattended in the shed for 2 mins the likes of 'lim til i die' and 'jebus' would have it raped!

You know how lonely it can get being a Limerick fan :)

Monkfish
28/08/2007, 12:19 PM
You know how lonely it can get being a Limerick fan :)

What do you expect with your silly cardigans and self imposed exile from the shed?:confused::cool:

Monkfish
28/08/2007, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Monkfish;756162][QUOTE=Magicme;755732]we began to think that our Limerick chums just couldnt count properly!

Well since I cant text when am working at the game I need to rely on the "friend of a friend" system!

Its ok, I think at this stage we can move on and use the 'friend to friend' system!

jebus
28/08/2007, 4:15 PM
What do you expect with your silly cardigans and self imposed exile from the shed?:confused::cool:

A few admiring glances and a better laugh presumably

Lim till i die
28/08/2007, 4:55 PM
I mean if you left a can unattended in the shed for 2 mins the likes of 'lim til i die' and 'jebus' would have it raped! Thank God we've flushed out their type out of the shed!:D

Finally some answers