PDA

View Full Version : Galway-V-Rovers

Pages : [1] 2

Midgit
23/08/2007, 10:48 AM
Will be tough after extra-time mid week but i think we'll do it 2-0 again. Repeat of first game of the season.
Any Injuries or suspensions for this? Ventre definatly out so the big talking point is who will start left back?

cmak-88
23/08/2007, 11:20 AM
Merediths or raf will go left back

WoodquayBoy
23/08/2007, 12:10 PM
Don't be so sure boys, United have come back to grab 2-2 draws in the last two games. This run without a home win has to end sometime, and there is no way they can be as bad as they were back in March. The one thing going against us is the loss of O'Flynn up front, so mcKenzie and Peers should have an easier time of it. If we can keep o'Grady and hughes quiet (a big if, I know) it could be a first home win of the season.
And at the end of all that, I'm going for a draw!!!

Red&White Rover
23/08/2007, 12:12 PM
After seeing him play u-21's last night, I'm very impressed with Meredith.

jamie m
23/08/2007, 12:24 PM
peers only rated 50/50 according to club site,a massive loss if he isnt fit,

Conor H
23/08/2007, 12:53 PM
2-1 UTD......O brien and Glynn to cancel out Judge's opener.#

If Sligo play like they have been doing then 2-0 Sligo.

SRFC Head
23/08/2007, 1:31 PM
My stag in Galway over the weekend, hope to add a rovers win the rest of the stuff we'll get up to !!

Conor H
23/08/2007, 3:41 PM
Nothing the E.R.U couldn't handle.

Midgit
23/08/2007, 10:19 PM
Was there trouble at the game at the start of the season though?

Ya there was a little bit. Some Galway lads attacked the bus afterm the game.
Nothing we couldn't handle though:p

SligoBrewer
23/08/2007, 10:28 PM
cant wait to see matty gordon again... hes genius

Paddyfield
23/08/2007, 10:36 PM
Ya there was a little bit. Some Galway lads attacked the bus afterm the game.
Nothing we couldn't handle though:p

Seriously? I know GUFC have a few schooligans who like to act the eejit but I'm shockd that your bus was targeted. Did it happen in the car park or out the road a bit?

Red&White Rover
23/08/2007, 11:03 PM
Excited about seeing Meredith and Gordon playing tomorrow as well...

sligoman
23/08/2007, 11:17 PM
Seriously? I know GUFC have a few schooligans who like to act the eejit but I'm shockd that your bus was targeted. Did it happen in the car park or out the road a bit?We parked in Corrib Vliiage, it was just behind the wall there.

Red4Eva
23/08/2007, 11:42 PM
We parked in Corrib Vliiage, it was just behind the wall there.

must have been the same driver we had last week if ye parked in corrib village. i reckon meredith will start 2mrw. 2-1 rovers

sligoman
23/08/2007, 11:48 PM
must have been the same driver we had last week if ye parked in corrib villageThe student accomodation behind Terryland. Rory H said it was Corrib Village anyway:p

Sean South
24/08/2007, 1:14 AM
Are tifo flags allowed in Terryland?

Rovers supporters could do with a bit of help for this one with the tifo flags. Anyone interested PM me or my Bebo before two o'clock thanks

GuisaSaigon
24/08/2007, 9:07 AM
No problem with tifo flags.
Sorry to hear ye had trouble last time, that normally doesn't happen in Terryland. Must have been some fairweathers . I doubt you parked in Corrib Village as thats across the river and miles away from terryland. You should park in the car park in the Menlo Park Hotel 5 minute walk from Terryland.
See ye in Foxes Bar, Eyre Square before and after the game for a few pints and a bit of banter.

dublinred
24/08/2007, 9:40 AM
3 0 Rovers I had a dream about this , 3 points vital to keep the title challenge going in the unlikely event that Drogheda do a Newcastle United. I remember the build up to the first game and the Galway fans were raving about how good a season they we going to have and how we were going to be fighting relegation following the turmoil we went through it just amazing how things have panned out now and a credit to the players and all the mangers involved.

Conor H
24/08/2007, 9:52 AM
Sligoman,
It was Cuirt Na Coiribe ye parked in.

Still the only away fans to date to park there!:p

lowroadrover
24/08/2007, 12:19 PM
Nice to see we made the back page of the Galway Advertiser. They have been starting to ignore LOI but now that Galway have had TWO DRAWS they are back .

Conor H
24/08/2007, 12:29 PM
Nice to see we made the back page of the Galway Advertiser. They have been starting to ignore LOI but now that Galway have had TWO DRAWS they are back .

We make the Back of the Advertiser and nearly other local paper every week.

Only exceptions been when the GAA teams are doing well.

Big Crowd expected tonight.I'd say we'll be looking at 2500-3000.

Conor H
24/08/2007, 12:37 PM
That was funny 5 months ago.

We can drink the water now.:)

Fivesilver
24/08/2007, 1:03 PM
Big Crowd expected tonight.I'd say we'll be looking at 2500-3000.

Any chance of getting more than half of them to stay to the end this time?

I never had any problem with the Galway Advertiser bloke bigging up his team before the season opener. It was just a pity the poor insecure flute used up so much space having a go at Rovers.

Still, events since have shown he was right about one thing - there is one team in Connacht that can be taken seriously.

Conor H
24/08/2007, 1:05 PM

I never had any problem with the Galway Advertiser bloke bigging up his team before the season opener. It was just a pity the poor insecure flute used up so much space having a go at Rovers.

Still, events since have shown he was right about one thing - there is one team in Connacht that can be taken seriously.

:D:D....

GuisaSaigon
24/08/2007, 2:23 PM

We might get Noel Mooney down to help us out with that:rolleyes:

Only1Rovers
24/08/2007, 4:16 PM
Heard Peersie is a doubt for tonight, injured ankle on Tuesday night, not good

Only1Rovers
24/08/2007, 8:02 PM
Galway one up...

SligoBrewer
24/08/2007, 8:12 PM
Wesley scored.. :(

SligoBrewer
24/08/2007, 8:13 PM
Is Gavin playing?

Only1Rovers
24/08/2007, 8:17 PM
galway 2 up, Cooke

sligoman
25/08/2007, 12:08 AM
Galway were muck, we were slightly muckier. One of the biggest games of hoofball I've ever saw.

Faz and Judge were useless up front. Brush kept hoofing it up to them and it was a total waste. Faz is never gonna win a header so it should be played to his feet.

The only positive things are Gordon and Meredith[although dodgy with some passes] had good games. Foy did alright when he came on too.

jamie m
25/08/2007, 1:18 AM
utd fully deserved their win, fair play to them, we were awful, wes charles is a legend,

Tir Oilean
25/08/2007, 10:42 AM
Thought the ref was excellent. He took no **** from either side and was strict from the very first tackle. But we were due a good ref after the last twit that reffed the Wahurford game. But Ive also heard supporters on other forums slating Buttimer so they,like us all,have their bad days

GuisaSaigon
25/08/2007, 10:48 AM
utd fully deserved their win, fair play to them, we were awful, wes charles is a legend,
Agree completely. Ye were muck, looked tired the cup game must have drained ye.Fair play to Wes going down to ye after, class.

Midgit
25/08/2007, 10:56 AM
Thought the ref was excellent. He took no **** from either side and was strict from the very first tackle. But we were due a good ref after the last twit that reffed the Wahurford game. But Ive also heard supporters on other forums slating Buttimer so they,like us all,have their bad days

Just goes to show........i think every Rovers supporter who was at the game would agree that the ref was awfull. Made some very thoughtless decisions... poor poor preformance from him....

geezer
25/08/2007, 11:01 AM
On GUFC finishing above Sligo at seasons end?

We stuffed yee last night

Conor H
25/08/2007, 11:29 AM

:D
Ah geezer come on....

We've still only one once at home and 4 times all season.

7th is an attainable target but we won't finish ahead of them.

Our next 4 games are Cork(A),Drogheda(H),Rovers(A) and Pats(H).

Those losses to Bray and Waterford will haunt us yet.

Fair play to the Sligo lads that travelled,good crack before and after in Foxs.

sligoman
25/08/2007, 12:27 PM

We stuffed yee last nightI will put any amount of money you want on it. That's just a stupid thing to say. Galway are still **** and will be lucky to avoid the play-offs

Conor H
25/08/2007, 12:37 PM
E50 Sligoman we'll avoid the playoff's.;)

sligoman
25/08/2007, 12:40 PM
E50 Sligoman we'll avoid the playoff's.;)No cos Waterford are just as bad as ye so it's too close to call. But I'll take you up on geezer's bet if you want;)

Conor H
25/08/2007, 12:42 PM
We'll finish in the position we're currently in.

Waterford to go straight down and Longford to make the playoffs.

GUFC,UCD and Bray to pull away after a while.

Da Real Rover
25/08/2007, 12:43 PM

You are a footballing genious my friend.

We were muck, no doubt about it. Galway bet us at playing disgusting football and i have no hard feelings for them because they were the bettter team on the day, no doubt. We didnt deserve the win and we got what we deserved.

We will now see the real character of the team in the coming games, will they step up to the plate after our last 2 defeats??

roversman
25/08/2007, 3:29 PM

he was useless gave everything to galway what game were you watching

Knappagh Red
25/08/2007, 4:15 PM
Have we ever won a game playing in the black and yellow strip?

Conor H
25/08/2007, 4:16 PM
Have we ever won a game playing in the black and yellow strip?

2-0 in Terryland back in March.

Horrible Kit though.Other 2 are nice enough.

WoodquayBoy
25/08/2007, 6:16 PM
Meredith had a good game? Were we watching the same game. He was woeful, was expectintg a lot more of him from the hype about him on this forum in the past week.
What the hell was Hughes doing out wide? Raf looked tired but I tell you what, that Gordan fella doesn't half have a turn of pace, looks a cracking prospect.
Looks like there will be another few Connacht derbies next season thank God, so see ye then - two teams in Connacht, and they're both in the Premier Division

gustavo
25/08/2007, 7:29 PM
Meredith had a good game? Were we watching the same game. He was woeful, was expectintg a lot more of him from the hype about him on this forum in the past week.

No one was hyping him on the forum ,

Rory H
26/08/2007, 2:48 PM
A crushing week to say the least. But still only four points behind europe so maybe time to rid all the negativity and remember what was done prior to the last week. Its been a long time since we have had a chance to get into europe.we're better than galway....we all know that. And we're better supporters than what we showed Friday . No doubt Cook read the riot act Friday evening and Derry is always a difficult game but we can do it.

Whatever the players do we should be the best supporters in the country. theres no doubt in my mind about that. The abuse of manson by our fans last week in whatever form it came was a disgrace. Its the kind of thing Bohs do or the dublin clubs. Its an embarassment to Sligo Rovers. We always get on players backs way too easily.

red arrow
26/08/2007, 5:02 PM
i was'nt at the game and did'nt get a chance to read newspaper reports. i would suggest that tiredness had a part to play. was peers playing? usually when he is missing we get beat. rory is right we can still make europe starting neext week and beating derry. we owe them one. rory is also correct about the disgusting abuse that some fans are thrashing out to manson. this is a disgrace. the same fans were saying the same thing about faz not so long ago. manson deserves a chance he is young. leave him alon e and apologise to him. by the way some of those who have being posting abuse are being monitored and the club will weed them out very quickly. we know who you are. can anybody post the team that was in action fri night. thanks

Red&White Rover
26/08/2007, 5:15 PM
i was'nt at the game and did'nt get a chance to read newspaper reports. i would suggest that tiredness had a part to play. was peers playing? usually when he is missing we get beat. rory is right we can still make europe starting neext week and beating derry. we owe them one. rory is also correct about the disgusting abuse that some fans are thrashing out to manson. this is a disgrace. the same fans were saying the same thing about faz not so long ago. manson deserves a chance he is young. leave him alon e and apologise to him. by the way some of those who have being posting abuse are being monitored and the club will weed them out very quickly. we know who you are. can anybody post the team that was in action fri night. thanks

-------------Faz--------Judge-----------
---Hughes---O'Grady----Boyd-----Raf----
---Meredith--Peers----McKenzie--Coleman-
------------------Brush------------------