PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Denmark

Kevin77
23/08/2007, 1:01 AM
Haven't seen the match yet as I am in Australia. Any ratings please?

tricky_colour
23/08/2007, 1:45 AM
Sky

http://www.skysports.com/football/user_ratings/0,19768,11065_2793337,00.html

BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6447361.stm

DmanDmythDledge
23/08/2007, 1:55 AM
eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/blogs/viewblog.asp?bid=75)

Mine:

Henderson- 8
Carr- 6
Dunne- 7
O'Shea- 7
Finnan- 7
McGeady- 8
Reid- 9
Potter- 7
Hunt- 6
Doyle- 6
Keane- 8

Subs:
Keogh- 7
Murphy- 7
Gibson- 7
Long- 7
Kilbane- 6
Kelly- 7

Wizzard
23/08/2007, 5:44 AM
Haven't seen the match yet as I am in Australia. Any ratings please?

Does anyone have any method of viewing/accessing the match via broadband. I'm also in Oz won't be able to see it otherwise.

I know that RTE show some games but I understand that this is only valid if your ISP is in Ireland. Any idea on a proxy server to use to fake this?

TIA

shakermaker1982
23/08/2007, 7:16 AM
Henderson- 8
Carr- 6
Dunne- 7
O'Shea- 7
Finnan- 7
McGeady- 9
Reid- 9
Potter- 7
Hunt- 6
Doyle- 6
Keane- 8

Subs:
Keogh- 7
Murphy- 6
Gibson- 7
Long- 8
Kilbane- 6
Kelly- 7

Hunt looked injured/tired last night hence his performance last night. I don't want him getting too much stick!

shanman2
23/08/2007, 7:37 AM
Hunt looked injured/tired last night hence his performance last night. I don't want him getting too much stick![/QUOTE]

Who are you his girlfriend??? He was very poor in comparison to the young lads. Mc Geady finally producing in an Ireland shirt who would have thunk it. All be it in a friendly.

McGeady10
23/08/2007, 7:47 AM
Hunt looked injured/tired last night hence his performance last night. I don't want him getting too much stick!

Who are you his girlfriend??? He was very poor in comparison to the young lads. Mc Geady finally producing in an Ireland shirt who would have thunk it. All be it in a friendly.[/QUOTE]

Nobody was more keen for Aiden to produce in an Ireland shirt than the kid himself. Happy to see he finally looks to be at ease with the National Team.

bellavistaman
23/08/2007, 7:48 AM
Thought henderson Reid and Keane did well. Good for henderson after San Marino. Reid for MOTM, robbie got it though.

Ash
23/08/2007, 7:56 AM
I wasnt overly impressed with Henderson. Dropped the cross in the 1st half
and took 2 more attempts to get it, looked like he had the eyes closed and
swinging his arms in hope.

endabob1
23/08/2007, 8:27 AM
Henderson made a few good stops, did ride his luck a wee bit though.
Keane was very lively, thought McGeady was excellent as was Reid.
What most impressed me though was the defending of the team as a whole, when we lost the ball we seemed to have an immediate 2 banks of 4 which Denmark had trouble breaking down. Admitedly Denmark were very poor, especially the keeper but we took our chances and it should be a huge confidence boost for the proper games coming up.

shakermaker1982
23/08/2007, 8:43 AM
[QUOTE=shanman2;753048Who are you his girlfriend??? He was very poor in comparison to the young lads. Mc Geady finally producing in an Ireland shirt who would have thunk it. All be it in a friendly.[/QUOTE]

why yes yes I am.

I was trying to explain why he wasn't his normal self. He was clearly off the pace and his injury was obviously hampering him. We need him on the left next month.

Sligo Hornet
23/08/2007, 9:09 AM
I wasnt overly impressed with Henderson. Dropped the cross in the 1st half
and took 2 more attempts to get it, looked like he had the eyes closed and
swinging his arms in hope.

Hasn't he been training recently with Paul Robinson...?:D

Dr. Ogba
23/08/2007, 9:18 AM
My tuppence:

Henderson- 6 (dodgy start but made some good saves)
Carr- 4 (constantly let Gronkjaer have a run at him)
Dunne- 7 (solid)
O'Shea- 6 (solid but still prone to an error or 2)
Finnan- 6 (out of position but ok)
McGeady- 7 (starting to build a bit of confidence)
Reid- 8 (what a classy left-peg this guy has)
Potter- 7 (kept play moving, could be the heir to Carsley's position)
Hunt- 5 (disappointing)
Doyle- 5 (ditto - first touch was a real let-down)
Keane- 8 (a constant threat, hope he reproduces that next month)

Subs:
Keogh- 7 (out of position but linked well with Long)
Murphy- 5 (forgot he was playing at one stage!)
Gibson- 7 (looks a real prospect)
Long- 7 (never rated him before but was very impressed with his strength and finishing)
Kilbane- 5 (just not a CM)
Kelly- 7 (solid - good backup for Finnan/O'Shea)

shelbourne1904
23/08/2007, 9:50 AM
Is it not blatantly obvious to all including the last 3 Irish managers that Finnan cannot play on the left.He is by far the best right back we have and each manager and the press and everyone else thinks its ok to put Carr in ahead of him at right back.Carr is not good enough and finnan is ,but not at left back.It is a left back we need not fixing something that isnt broken ie moving Finnan.Finnan was our best player in the Japan world cup and what happened??As soon as Carr was supposed to be recovered he was dropped and Carr who ,I repeat is not up to it ,was put back in.
Stan get a left back even if its Kilbane. and stop messing with Finnan.

paul_oshea
23/08/2007, 10:16 AM
I wonder how Reid celebrated? Maybe Stan let them stop off for burgers at the airport!

good man paddy :D

youngirish
23/08/2007, 10:23 AM
Fatty Reid is a 'special' player when he's fit and on form and I don't mean 'special' in the John O'Shea sense but special as in talented in a way we've been lacking for a long time.

tetsujin1979
23/08/2007, 11:56 AM
Rating's from the Indo: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-player-ratings-1064096.html

bwagner
23/08/2007, 12:00 PM
For me it was a break through for Mc Geady and Henderson.
Gibson and Potter gavce me great hope also.

P.s the very nice people at ourweecountry will not let me join the forum.....charming isnt it ,considering I also support the northern irish squad ...the name dundalk guy was a big no no for them regardless of my church of Ireland roots....pathetic shower

youngirish
23/08/2007, 12:03 PM
For me it was a break through for Mc Geady and Henderson.
Gibson and Potter gavce me great hope also.

P.s the very nice people at ourweecountry will not let me join the forum.....charming isnt it ,considering I also support the northern irish squad ...the name dundalk guy was a big no no for them regardless of my church of Ireland roots....pathetic shower
They won't even let anyone view their site now. They must be livid after Stan played Gibson last night and he setup a goal.

Sad people.

paul_oshea
23/08/2007, 12:06 PM
the last post on that thread over there was at 10:21 this morning. THey haven't said anything worth taking note of, for now it seems they have given up the ghost.

Maroon 7
23/08/2007, 12:28 PM
Your man in the Indo gave both Reid and McGeady a rating of 6 today. Madness.

derm
23/08/2007, 3:29 PM
He is by far the best right back we have and each manager and the press and everyone else thinks its ok to put Carr in ahead of him at right back.Carr is not good enough and finnan is ,but not at left back.

Finnan is one of the very few players (O'Shea the other?) to play for a top 4 team in England, the only player to have played in two Champions league finals and yet gets fecked around all the time. Play him where's he's best!!

If Stan's not careful Steve could do a Carragher and I for one would not blame him, he should be the first name down on the sheet. At rightback.

Stuttgart88
23/08/2007, 6:54 PM
McShane's absence necessitated O'Shea moving to CB. That's what brought Carr into the team. I thought Carr played well after his stupid error early on. I don't like him much but I'm objective about his performances.

In an ideal world we'd have Finnan playing RB but we don't have many options at LB. Everyone here hates O'Shea at LB. Kilbane staying there for longer would have made sense last night, I didn't see the point of bringing on Kelly.

I know McShane has taken to this lark like a duck to water but I think O'Shea & Dunne is a decent pairing too. I think Stan got it right last night.

paul_oshea
23/08/2007, 7:56 PM
just saw the interview with long, such a nice fella, typical easy going country lad, just living the dream, as though its a fairytale story. Hope he gets his chance and takes it. Hope he makes it in the premiership too.

billybunter
23/08/2007, 8:20 PM
Hasn't he been training recently with Paul Robinson...?:D

the way he was swinging his arms, I think he's been training with Sugar Ray Robinson!!

NeilMcD
23/08/2007, 9:33 PM
just saw the interview with long, such a nice fella, typical easy going country lad, just living the dream, as though its a fairytale story. Hope he gets his chance and takes it. Hope he makes it in the premiership too.

If he was an easygoing Dublin lad would you say the same or do you have a soft spot for the culchies. :)

paul_oshea
24/08/2007, 9:05 AM
ya keogh is the exact same, seems like a really level-headed fella also, very down to earth and hard working. great qualities to have when you are playing for your country a mon avis :)

shakermaker1982
24/08/2007, 9:18 AM
McShane's absence necessitated O'Shea moving to CB. That's what brought Carr into the team. I thought Carr played well after his stupid error early on. I don't like him much but I'm objective about his performances.

In an ideal world we'd have Finnan playing RB but we don't have many options at LB. Everyone here hates O'Shea at LB. Kilbane staying there for longer would have made sense last night, I didn't see the point of bringing on Kelly.

I know McShane has taken to this lark like a duck to water but I think O'Shea & Dunne is a decent pairing too. I think Stan got it right last night.

I'd take O'Shea at LB if it meant we could have Finnan at RB. Switching Finnan to the other side takes away all that is good about Finnan as a right full back. You could tell he was unsure what to do once he reached the half way line because he isn't comfortable on his left peg. By the time he got the ball onto his right foot he had lost momentum and had to pass it back to the centre halfs. If he was on the other side he'd have bombed forward and helped out McGeady (as he does with Pennant in the PL).

DmanDmythDledge
24/08/2007, 11:57 PM
Looks like I'm the exception then.:)

In his second full season with Man Utd (03/04) I think he played most of the season at LB and was impressive- solid and provided width with the overlap. I don't believe in this "one season wonder" crap. You don't become a bad player overnight. I think he can do a good job for us at LB.

bennocelt
25/08/2007, 11:34 PM
I thought most of the Irish guys played well, especially Reid and Mcgeady

did notice a big variety in match ratings in all the papers.........the Star gave mcgeady a 6!!!

i thought Carr was terrible though, countless times caught out
and henderson doesnt really inspire confidence, despite pulling off many good saves