PDA

View Full Version : Germany Kick Off time - A problem? (People Flying from the UK)

Jon'o
22/08/2007, 9:54 PM
Don't know if this is a problem for anyone and if yous already know then im going to look silly :o Last week i booked my flights from the uk to dublin for the Germany game, after checking the FAI site which said the kick off time was TBC.

I thought it would either kick off at 3pm or 5ish and booked an early flight out and the latest back at 9.30ish with ryanscare.... had a look at the FAI site today to find out that the kick off time is in fact 7.45pm and i would miss my return flight.

Following much swearing i've had to book another flight the following day back to the UK, as i said before im going to look silly if people knew this but if not thought it would help people flying from the UK if they havent already brought thier flights.... cue the pi$$ ripping :D

AidoM
23/08/2007, 8:32 AM
Don't know if this is a problem for anyone and if yous already know then im going to look silly :o Last week i booked my flights from the uk to dublin for the Germany game, after checking the FAI site which said the kick off time was TBC.

I thought it would either kick off at 3pm or 5ish and booked an early flight out and the latest back at 9.30ish with ryanscare.... had a look at the FAI site today to find out that the kick off time is in fact 7.45pm and i would miss my return flight.

Following much swearing i've had to book another flight the following day back to the UK, as i said before im going to look silly if people knew this but if not thought it would help people flying from the UK if they havent already brought thier flights.... cue the pi$$ ripping :D

Tough about the flights etc Jon'o but I think the night time kick off will be better. The atmosphere was much better at the Slovakia match mainly in my opinion because it was a night time KO.

paul_oshea
23/08/2007, 9:01 AM

thats class, the FAI realise that the Fans need to be tanked up to get behind the team. Good to see.

Jono its a fair mistake, where are you flying from? Ill be booking from luton soon, i was going to make a weekend of it anyhow and go on the beer, this to be honest just makes it better for me personally! :D

harps1954
23/08/2007, 9:17 AM
thats class, the FAI realise that the Fans need to be tanked up to get behind the team. Good to see.

Jono its a fair mistake, where are you flying from? Ill be booking from luton soon, i was going to make a weekend of it anyhow and go on the beer, this to be honest just makes it better for me personally! :D

The only reason the game is a night-time kick-off is to suit German TV. Their game with Wales in Cardiff is also an evening kick-off.

shakermaker1982
23/08/2007, 9:22 AM
I'm flying in Thursday and haven't booked coming home yet. Not sure whether to stay till after the Cyprus game (Thursday) or fly back Sunday and fly into Dublin again for the Wednesday game.

paul_oshea
23/08/2007, 9:54 AM
The only reason the game is a night-time kick-off is to suit German TV. Their game with Wales in Cardiff is also an evening kick-off.

I should have put in :rolleyes:, I know well the FAI didnt, that would involve thinking.

stiofain
27/08/2007, 3:30 PM
I'm in the same boat, having booked the first flight into Dublin that morning from Gatwick and the last one out at night.
I might have to re-think going to this one now as i'll be on a serious budget come October after the double header and the Denmark trip just gone and i could do without the added expense of a hotel room and the price of another flight.

eirebhoy
27/08/2007, 9:15 PM
I'm in Dublin so I'll be selfish and say I'm delighted with the kick off time. The atmosphere is going to a electric.* Late kick offs always produce better atmospheres and it being a Saturday there's plenty of time to get the drinks in.

*well, that's presuming we actually have something to play for.

NeilMcD
28/08/2007, 10:29 AM
I'm in the same boat, having booked the first flight into Dublin that morning from Gatwick and the last one out at night.
I might have to re-think going to this one now as i'll be on a serious budget come October after the double header and the Denmark trip just gone and i could do without the added expense of a hotel room and the price of another flight.

Ahh its only money. You cant miss a home game against the Germans.

Sligo Hornet
28/08/2007, 10:36 AM

You can if you haven't got a ticket!:(

NeilMcD
28/08/2007, 12:25 PM
Thats very true, but I presumed he did have a ticket.

paul_oshea
28/08/2007, 12:28 PM
Thats very true, but I presumed he did have a ticket.

Sure its your country playing, offer your fellow countryman a place to stay, ahh its only nice. :)

NeilMcD
28/08/2007, 11:04 PM
I would only I have my 3 brothers staying in the house that night so no room at the inn.

Newryrep
29/08/2007, 9:19 AM
Was going to train it down and back but will have to make other arrangements

mypost
03/09/2007, 12:53 AM
I'm in Dublin so I'll be selfish and say I'm delighted with the kick off time. The atmosphere is going to a electric.* Late kick offs always produce better atmospheres.

Agreed. Although the ko time is not terribly late. Just glad, we're not forced to play at 3pm.