PDA

View Full Version : Waterford beat Rovers on penos

biscuit
21/08/2007, 9:42 PM
sick
steve manson? although i know others did mis...but steve manson..

red bellied
21/08/2007, 9:57 PM
sick

It was very unusual alright. It must of taken some skill to get the ball so far over the bar and dead in the middle as well.

Red&White Rover
21/08/2007, 9:57 PM
too angry/depressed/shocked/confused to comment at this stage.

jamie m
21/08/2007, 10:00 PM
absolutely gutted, really thought we were in with a chance of winning the cup this year, feel really sorry for manson and cash and all the players, important we keep the morale up for galway on friday,

biscuit
21/08/2007, 10:08 PM
handball for sullivans goal, 2 balls cleared off the line...i knew then it wouldn be our night.

Shedzer
21/08/2007, 10:18 PM
gutted..too ****ed off to talk...

dont even think of blaming manson

biscuit
21/08/2007, 10:22 PM
no one is blaming the lad, just not the type of player imho to go and take a peno in a cup shootout...dont hav the bottle imo

sligoman
21/08/2007, 10:28 PM
too angry/depressed/shocked/confused to comment at this stage.Same as:( :mad:

Midgit
21/08/2007, 10:28 PM
dont even think of blaming manson

:rolleyes:
That bloke doesnt have a thing between his ears..... no footballing brain at all.....

Steven Manson.........waste of space.......and thats that........:cool:

sligoman
21/08/2007, 10:29 PM
:rolleyes:
That bloke doesnt have a thing between his ears..... no footballing brain at all.....

Steven Manson.........waste of space.......and thats that........:cool:Wasn't going to comment but it's good to see you use Rovers defeat to have another go at Manson. Do us all a favour and stick to watching Anfield on tv as it's obvious your support for Rovers isn't much.

jamie m
21/08/2007, 10:35 PM
we should have had the game wrapped up long before penalties, now isnt the time for petty swipes at manson or any other player,

Shiba
21/08/2007, 10:36 PM
sick

I will always give benefit of doubt to a player but after tonight I'm afraid Manson is no footballer!last of Mc Donalds crew I think.Its obvious now that MC made right decision in sacking McDonald.

Also in my humble opinion I dont think Ventre is very hot either or is just playing out of position.We were very poor down the left I thought.Thought Mc Kenzie had a bad game also.

kkontour
21/08/2007, 10:41 PM
Thought Cash and Manson did well when they came on. Anyone can miss a peno. A few poor performances tonight, coleman, mckenzie, raf. Hope there was a scout looking at coleman tonight, if so it may be with us longer:D
Next friday against galway will be tough. The lads looked shattered after the game. I balme Paul Osam for tipping us on ELW:mad:

Rovers fan
21/08/2007, 10:45 PM
depressing. how faz missed that chance in et i dont know. we were shaky at the back and lacked a bit of urgency up front. ogrady and hughes held it together for us. why cash and manson went for height with their shots, under that pressure, beats me. i just hope that doesnt affect our league form.

Rovers fan
21/08/2007, 10:46 PM
A few poor performances tonight, coleman,

why because he wasnt man of the match? thought he played quite well.

kkontour
21/08/2007, 10:55 PM
why because he wasnt man of the match? thought he played quite well.
He wasnt up to his usual standard, give the ball a way a bit, let his man beat him a few time, fouled his man. This is not what we usually see from him. Im not having a go at him, Im sure he will be back to his usual high standard. I believe he was carrying an injury for the first match, maybe he is still suffering with it.

feo123
21/08/2007, 11:05 PM
again, lots of sh**e about manson. bad penalty yes, but the first thing i heard when he came on and touched the ball was a fella beside me shout 'you f**kin gaylord', thats great support isnt it! again, he done nothing wrong really when he was on, he gave away a free and everyone starts abusing him again. would ye go away and stop picking on him. dont bother saying he dosnt give a s**te, when ye dont have a clue about it, there all gutted! manson misses a penalty, gets called everything under the sun, cash does the exact same with the next one and nothing. whenever he done something good he got nothing only one or two praised him! an easy target at this stage is all he is to 'fans'.
midgit, you dont have a clue....you actually dont.
like to see you throw on a pair of boots

gutted with the result, just one of those nights....proud of every player, they ran there socks off! unlucky lads, thats football
i love rovers!

Midgit
21/08/2007, 11:14 PM
The difference which you seem to be blind to is that Manson just doesn't try.
Thats it in a nut shell. The fans don't get on his back for no reason. No fan likes a player who doesn't give his all.
If Manson gave 100% every game you wouldn't hear a soul get on his back. He simply doesn't though. Its plain to see Feo.

And as far as me throwing on boots and taking that peno well.......my ****n grandad with one leg could have done better than that muppet.
Sorry Manson but football is a cruel world. And simply son me thinks its time to take a look at your career options.

feo123
21/08/2007, 11:19 PM
he dosnt try does he not? oh right, thats alright so, your great....you know everything, you a mind reader? i suppose you think he's delighted, and not affected at all ,ya? 'son'???

Midgit
21/08/2007, 11:28 PM
he dosnt try does he not? oh right, thats alright so, your great....you know everything, you a mind reader? i suppose you think he's delighted, and not affected at all ,ya? 'son'???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look here mate of course i know he is gutted!!! Well he ****n should be wouldn't ye think? Ano but seriously he is not up to it Feo. Surely you must be starting to doubt his ability at this stage for sure?
Its not all about the penalty of course man.....he was poor all night. Made a few decent runs down the wing in fairness to him. But it was clear to see he did not give 100% in that game tonight.

Red4Eva
21/08/2007, 11:31 PM
any1 who's feelin off angry/pi**ed off(or just numb like me) bottle it and save it for derek o'brien on friday. our target should be to make him cry. shoulda been a magic night but we had taken away from us. players prob feel worse than any of us right now so lets get behind em on friday

Conor H
21/08/2007, 11:33 PM
Derek loves that you know.

He's on fire to at the moment..

biscuit
21/08/2007, 11:35 PM
ok the way he put it mightn be the best, but midget has a valid point. watching him play,he mostly doesnt track back....make challenges and regularily pulls out of 50 50 challenges.fans dont like these players, faz got stick for it last season, but his goals and approach play and some hard work have gotten people off his back. Football is like that. The difference being Faz has a huge amount more talent than steve. I personally dont think he is good enough for what we are trying to achieve and dont think he will be here next season. Just cause someone is a fan, it doesnt mean they cant complain about a player if they personally think he isnt doing the business or giving every bit of himself in his performances. This is an open forum, and everyones opinions should be respected. Your not the only one who LOVES rovers on here feo, and i know you mean well by constantly defending the players, even though its evident that some of them arent up to it, ( i mean some past players also, eg seanie kelly), but you should respect others comments, there entry fee, season ticket and vocal support is worth as much to the club as yours.:ball:

feo123
21/08/2007, 11:51 PM
''a few runs up and down the wing'', what else do u want him to do as a winger? thats like saying a striker scored a few goals but thats about it. no im not doubting his ability at all, because im not so narrowminded, and i dont have to have a player to pick on every game

feo123
21/08/2007, 11:53 PM
ok the way he put it mightn be the best, but midget has a valid point. watching him play,he mostly doesnt track back....make challenges and regularily pulls out of 50 50 challenges.fans dont like these players, faz got stick for it last season, but his goals and approach play and some hard work have gotten people off his back. Football is like that. The difference being Faz has a huge amount more talent than steve. I personally dont think he is good enough for what we are trying to achieve and dont think he will be here next season. Just cause someone is a fan, it doesnt mean they cant complain about a player if they personally think he isnt doing the business or giving every bit of himself in his performances. This is an open forum, and everyones opinions should be respected. Your not the only one who LOVES rovers on here feo, and i know you mean well by constantly defending the players, even though its evident that some of them arent up to it, ( i mean some past players also, eg seanie kelly), but you should respect others comments, there entry fee, season ticket and vocal support is worth as much to the club as yours.:ball:

fair enough, but, when he first touched the ball tonight, a man beside me says, 'u Fcuking gaylord', thats great encouragment isnt it...he'll be full of confidence hearing that

Midgit
22/08/2007, 12:09 AM
fair enough, but, when he first touched the ball tonight, a man beside me says, 'u Fcuking gaylord', thats great encouragment isnt it...he'll be full of confidence hearing that

I'm all against that kind of thing.
That person is obviously way more narrow minded than me so:eek::p
Ok.... but thats when he as a footballer should rise above all that, raise his game and prove everyone wrong, especially me.

feo123
22/08/2007, 12:13 AM
its all well and good saying that he should rise above it. its not exactly easy to do that, coming to another country and getting nothing but abuse and more abuse from the locals

Midgit
22/08/2007, 12:21 AM
its all well and good saying that he should rise above it. its not exactly easy to do that, coming to another country and getting nothing but abuse and more abuse from the locals

Ok mate....
The man didn't come here and get abuse from the off. He had plenty of time to prove himself, like every player that comes in. Fans didn't get on his back from the start, it was his preformances that waranted the 'abuse'. I hate reapeting my point but as i have said no fan likes a player that doesn't give 100% every game. Thats Manse for you. He hasn't given 100% any game. And there are young kids at home who would die to wear that jersey he has on and play for the Bit'O'Red.

feo123
22/08/2007, 12:35 AM
im not your mate

sligoman
22/08/2007, 12:37 AM
im not your mateBut you are his 'son' apparently:rolleyes:.

feo123
22/08/2007, 12:40 AM
its confusing alright, what's all this s**t ut talking midgit?

roversforever
22/08/2007, 6:50 AM
have to agree with midgit and biscuit...nothing against manson personally but as a footballer he is dire.he's lazy and has never put in 100% for rovers.he pulls out of tackles...the one he pulled out of last night was a disgrace.anybody can miss a penalty but the fact is he bottled it.how did he manage to put the ball so high over the bar....maybe he has a talent after all!:p ok i think cashey bottled it to but after brushies saves and the penalties back to 3-3 i couldn't see us losing the shootout if he had scored.it was a huge lift to the waterford lads.again feo is entitled to his opinion but i think most rovers fans now agree that he's not good enough and really shouldn't be here next season.and feo your right,if somebody called him that its out of order...don't agree with personal abuse but he has to be accountable for his performances on the pitch.

red_away
22/08/2007, 7:12 AM
had to listen to it on waterford local radio over the web - it was painful as the 2 lads commentating were united supporters especially during the shootout to hear them cheering our misses!

PS - Where are all the "Rovers will roll over Waterford by 2 or 3 goals easy tonite!" merchants - bunch of muppets!

Shedzer
22/08/2007, 7:43 AM
again, lots of sh**e about manson. bad penalty yes, but the first thing i heard when he came on and touched the ball was a fella beside me shout 'you f**kin gaylord', thats great support isnt it! again, he done nothing wrong really when he was on, he gave away a free and everyone starts abusing him again. would ye go away and stop picking on him. dont bother saying he dosnt give a s**te, when ye dont have a clue about it, there all gutted! manson misses a penalty, gets called everything under the sun, cash does the exact same with the next one and nothing. whenever he done something good he got nothing only one or two praised him! an easy target at this stage is all he is to 'fans'.
midgit, you dont have a clue....you actually dont.
like to see you throw on a pair of boots

gutted with the result, just one of those nights....proud of every player, they ran there socks off! unlucky lads, thats football
i love rovers!

good post

Fivesilver
22/08/2007, 7:43 AM
If there's any consolation it's that many seasons the end of our Cup involvement would also be the end of our season in any meaningful terms.
This time it's not. Europe is within reach. The important thing now is to build on the crowds and atmosphere that have been returning. This has been a good season so far and could yet be the best since the mid-90s. Considering the way it started, that wouldn't be bad.
And lads, criticism is one thing, but people are overdoing it on Manson. The lad is getting blamed for everything. I seem to remember another Rovers player getting similar treatment last season. Give the lad a break.
There's an awful tendency to treat a single defeat as a crisis. Now it's time for the team and the supporters to bounce back. After extra-time last night, it's going to make things a lot more difficult against the crusties.

life long red
22/08/2007, 9:33 AM
had to listen to it on waterford local radio over the web - it was painful as the 2 lads commentating were united supporters especially during the shootout to hear them cheering our misses!

PS - Where are all the "Rovers will roll over Waterford by 2 or 3 goals easy tonite!" merchants - bunch of muppets!
watch who your calling a muppet

Red&White Rover
22/08/2007, 10:35 AM

Right here. With all the chances we had, we could/should have.

Rory H
22/08/2007, 11:06 AM
Dont want to talk about the game......so depressing. Only one thing to do and thats look forward and look at the bigger picture. we've had a lot of luck in the last couple of months but we've beaten the best and theres no way robbie ****ing hedderman is going to send our season into turmoil. No way. Best way to get over this is to go to Terryland and get all the frustration out by matching what happened back in march. Derek O' Brien, another one of O' Riordans gems will not do a hedderman.......The cup a few months ago was going to save our season. Thats no longer the situation and the league table still makes pleasant viewing. Going to galway and beating the krustys once more will do likewise and yesterday can be forgotten about.

Red&White Rover
22/08/2007, 11:10 AM
I'm all against that kind of thing.

yeah right. IN fairness migit you are the most vocal person against Stephen Manson i know.

If any of you people who are giving this stick (I'm not saying he played well last night or anything), come out from behind your username, go to his Bebo page and let him know who you are.

Midgit, your on bebo, maybe you should tell him, or next time you see him in the street. It's quite easy to hide behind usernames.

Rovers fan
22/08/2007, 1:12 PM

its not as if manson would have heard him. there is always fans abusing manson where i sit but it is never shouted out so he can hear it so i dont see how it would affect his confidence.

As for manson as a footballer i just dont think he is good enough for this level. i actually didnt think he played that bad yesterday(apart from the penalty of course) but the lad never tracks back and has costed us a few goals this season. When seanie kelly was getting a bit of stick over his performances i felt he was getiing vert little protection from manson.

feo123
22/08/2007, 2:23 PM
its not as if manson would have heard him. there is always fans abusing manson where i sit but it is never shouted out so he can hear it so i dont see how it would affect his confidence.

As for manson as a footballer i just dont think he is good enough for this level. i actually didnt think he played that bad yesterday(apart from the penalty of course) but the lad never tracks back and has costed us a few goals this season. When seanie kelly was getting a bit of stick over his performances i felt he was getiing vert little protection from manson.

he did hear it, he was about 10 yards away from him and he shouted it.

feo123
22/08/2007, 2:38 PM
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4604499078

this is just out of order. i wonder who done this. rory, i think we should leave midgit at home on friday, he's just a hipocrit

sligoman
22/08/2007, 2:39 PM
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4604499078Oh ffs, that's just sad.

feo123
22/08/2007, 2:45 PM
on the rovers fan page aswell midgits talking nothing but s**t, same is the fella that runs it. i dare you to say it on mansons page midgit

sligoman
22/08/2007, 2:52 PM
same is the fella that runs it.Yet he claims that he's the Rovers webmaster, even though I'm fairly sure Paraic would not say stuff like that.

avvenalaf
22/08/2007, 3:04 PM
Ah, c'mon lads, this is going too far. This is the kind of thing Bohs fans would be at.

Red&White Rover
22/08/2007, 3:42 PM
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4604499078

this is just out of order. i wonder who done this. rory, i think we should leave midgit at home on friday, he's just a hipocrit

Whoever that is, is a comeplte tosser of the highest order. Grow up and get a life you coward.

Guts&Glory
22/08/2007, 4:25 PM
Whoever that is, is a comeplte tosser of the highest order. Grow up and get a life you coward.

Lads the attitude towards one of our own players from some of our own fans is even more dissapointing than the defeat last night.

I just cannot understand people giving one of our own players such personal abuse. Yes we are entitled to an opinion on footballing ability of a player we pay to watch but it should never get personal or abusive.

Some comments last night during the game and leaving the ground were disgraceful.

As said previously here FAZ got a fair bit of stick all last and previous year but is playing mega stuff this year and obviously the praise he is getting off fans (and a supportive manager) for this is bound to have helped him.

Whilst Manson has had time to settle etc. IMO no player at any level goes out to play below par, miss a chance, miss a pen etc.on purpose.

Everyone said he is a confirdence player so abusing him is not going to help.

Some people who call themselves fans need to look at themselves in the mirror before they go to see the Rovers again and decide whether they are going to SUPPORT their Team and their players or just vent their frustration at a particular player or two for 90mins.

Personally I think this specific thread should be closed so as to nip the personal abuse in the bud now.

sligoman
22/08/2007, 5:09 PM
There is not a hope in hell a player said that. Not to a fan anyway. Midgit will ya just stop WUM'ing.

Paraic
22/08/2007, 5:11 PM
closing thread

can the bebobabies keep their handbags away from this forum please