PDA

View Full Version : Miah Dennehy

The Man Himself
21/08/2007, 8:42 PM
only read it on the paper now,:eek:
anyone know what happened and how hes doing.?
poor man.

joeSoap
21/08/2007, 8:47 PM
only read it on the paper now,:eek:
anyone know what happened and how hes doing.?
poor man.What kind of a post is that? :confused:

Read what in the paper?

The Man Himself
21/08/2007, 8:49 PM
he got beat up outside some pub in cork.

Tir Oilean
21/08/2007, 8:49 PM
Some gang of lads jumped him outside the Fob and Gill pub in Mayfield and beat him up. Brave lads they are too. Jumped a 57 year old man and left him for dead. He is out of intensive care now according to the Cork forum.

alansmithccfc
21/08/2007, 10:14 PM
Some gang of lads jumped him outside the Fob and Gill pub in Mayfield and beat him up. Brave lads they are too. Jumped a 57 year old man and left him for dead. He is out of intensive care now according to the Cork forum.

Rumour mill again :rolleyes:

qwertyui
21/08/2007, 10:21 PM
Rumour mill again :rolleyes:

Well can u confirm wat happened so:mad:?

alansmithccfc
21/08/2007, 10:26 PM
Well can u confirm wat happened so:mad:?

No. Heard alot of different stories but none are concrete.
The man is critical so I just think its wrong people are speculating whne none of them witnessed it themselves and are just hearing it on the radio and on the rags

Aaron
21/08/2007, 10:27 PM
Who's he?

alansmithccfc
21/08/2007, 10:28 PM
Who's he?

Former Cork Hibs player and a Former Irish international

A face
21/08/2007, 11:16 PM
I dont know where the story came out of but there is nothing concrete about it at this stage. Its not saying it didn't happen but its not confirmed anywhere, and its seems to be just rumours at this stage. Fairly sick rumour too if you ask me.

biscuit
21/08/2007, 11:24 PM
in the star today, with interview of pub owner in mayfield, says he is a lovely man, always up for banter about fooball ..get well card being signed in pub.had pic of him also, now works as a car park attendant. so id say it could be true?

stann
21/08/2007, 11:27 PM
Genuinely interested to know why people are thinking it's just a rumour when it's been on the radio (I didn't see any TV news tonight or last night but it seems to have been) and in broadsheets and tabloids today. Happened Friday evening so plenty of time for it to be confirmed, no?

Some reports:
Independent (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/garda-appeal-after-brutal-attack-leaves-former-ireland-star-critical-1062989.html)

Eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/offthefield/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=28950)

RTE online, with video link (http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0820/cork.html?rss)

Terrible thing to happen to a great player. Hope he's OK soon.

Risteard
22/08/2007, 12:58 AM
Genuinely interested to know why people are thinking it's just a rumour when it's been on the radio (I didn't see any TV news tonight or last night but it seems to have been) and in broadsheets and tabloids today.

Me too.
No question about it at all.
He is out of intensive care no matter what the Echo etc says but that's all I know.
I presume that means he's on the road to recovery.:confused::confused:
Fingers crossed anyway.
Maybe this should be merged.

The Man Himself
22/08/2007, 11:52 AM
i heard it was some seperated man and his son did it.
pair of tramps.

alansmithccfc
22/08/2007, 12:08 PM
i heard it was some seperated man and his son did it.
pair of tramps.

Heard again you see its only idiots who make up these stories I've heard a few and Im living really close to the pub, but I wont believe any of it as each one is so contrasting

bellavistaman
22/08/2007, 12:13 PM
Heard again you see its only idiots who make up these stories I've heard a few and Im living really close to the pub, but I wont believe any of it as each one is so contrasting

Better off too.

paudie
22/08/2007, 12:37 PM
Who's he?

First player to score a hat trick in an FAI cup final (for Cork Hibs v Waterford 1973).

Also played for Forest and Ireland.

WoodquayBoy
22/08/2007, 2:05 PM
Sick cowardly f*cks, or is that just a rumour as well Alan?
Hope he makes a swift recovery

stann
22/08/2007, 2:20 PM

What are you on about? The story, the same story, has been in the national newspapers, on national radio, on national TV. Just what more do they need to do for you to believe it?
I think the rest of the country can move on and say that, despite not having your imprimatur, it happened. Now let's hope the chap gets better quick and they catch the f**ks that did it.

passerrby
22/08/2007, 3:49 PM

dont you get tv ,news papers, radio etc in your area alan

sfc red
22/08/2007, 4:15 PM
In a word, no.

alansmithccfc
22/08/2007, 4:34 PM
What are you on about? The story, the same story, has been in the national newspapers, on national radio, on national TV. Just what more do they need to do for you to believe it?
I think the rest of the country can move on and say that, despite not having your imprimatur, it happened. Now let's hope the chap gets better quick and they catch the f**ks that did it.

Im not on about the attack itself, im on about about the motive of his attack and what actually happened:rolleyes:

stann
22/08/2007, 4:51 PM
Don't think so.
The motive for the attack was not mentioned in any news report, or anywhere on here.
The facts of the attack, such as have been mentioned anywhere, have been consistent across all news reports, and appear to be true as far as the Gardai are concerned.
So I'm afraid I still don't know what you are on about.

If you are on about the man himself's post, how come you posted dismissively of the story twice before ever he did?

alansmithccfc
22/08/2007, 9:36 PM
Don't think so.
The motive for the attack was not mentioned in any news report, or anywhere on here.
The facts of the attack, such as have been mentioned anywhere, have been consistent across all news reports, and appear to be true as far as the Gardai are concerned.
So I'm afraid I still don't know what you are on about.

If you are on about the man himself's post, how come you posted dismissively of the story twice before ever he did?

Read the fourth post. I was posting about the comment in that post.
Hence why I quoted that post.
Also read post 7

The Man Himself
22/08/2007, 10:34 PM

well ok then.
it was some seperated old scumbag and his son that beat him up.

happy now:eek:

Superhoops
04/03/2009, 12:12 AM
Just came across this (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0227/1224241894147.html).

Hope he gets a good long stretch.

A face
04/03/2009, 8:58 AM
Just came across this (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0227/1224241894147.html).

Hope he gets a good long stretch.

You can say that again. I hope they throw away the key to be honest.