PDA

View Full Version : Scoring system?

Schumi
09/04/2003, 12:32 PM
It's just occurred to me that I didn't detail the points system. I can't remember what it was last year but does 2 points for correct result (i.e. home win, draw, away win); 1 point for correct margin (i.e. home win by 2 goals, away win by 1, etc.); 1 point for correct score (i.e. Bohs scoring 3 goals, etc.) sound OK? That would give 5 points for getting a game score right.

gustavo
09/04/2003, 12:35 PM
also didnt the premier division score higher

Schumi
09/04/2003, 3:10 PM
Don't think so, I could be wrong though.

I think it makes more sense to have them all the same (not to mention less effort in writing the program to work out the scores).

pineapple stu
09/04/2003, 5:59 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
program

Jayz Schumi - I'm surprised at you submitting to Americanisations! ;)

UCD_4_Life
09/04/2003, 6:14 PM
How about 3 points for the right score and 1 for the right result? That'd keep it simple.

For instance I pick UCD 1 - 0 Bohs but it finishes UCD 7 - 0 Bohs, I get one point and I predict UCD 5 - 0 Shels. It finishes 5-0 and I get 3 points.

See what I mean?

pineapple stu
09/04/2003, 7:11 PM
Knock knock!

There's some men in white coats here for you, UCD_4_life!

Or have you been playing too muc CM?!:)

But sure we can still dream for two more days!

UCD_4_Life
09/04/2003, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Knock knock!

There's some men in white coats here for you, UCD_4_life!

Or have you been playing too muc CM?!:)

But sure we can still dream for two more days!

I have been playing too much CM, as it happens.

Bohs still beat us though.:(

Schumi
10/04/2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Jayz Schumi - I'm surprised at you submitting to Americanisations! ;) That's the accepted spelling for a computer program as far as I know; not for a match programme or a TV programme though.

pineapple stu
10/04/2003, 12:46 PM
It's the exact same word - a match programme was originally a programme of events (like what used to be in the Irish programme - teams come out, anthems, kick-off, etc.) A computer programme is also just a programme of events for the computer to follow, so it follows that they should be spelt the same way...

yur man
11/04/2003, 11:57 AM
trust a student to point that out like :D

pineapple stu
11/04/2003, 12:43 PM
Nah, it's an in-joke between the UCD fanzine crowd - we'll disect each other's grammar and spelling for a bit of craic. Fairly sad, but sure there you go!:rolleyes:

You should have seen the old UCD match programme after we were finished highlighting all the typos!