PDA

View Full Version : Andy Keogh (F Perth Glory b.1986)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fergalr
21/08/2007, 12:53 PM
Didn't see this posted already so .... you can read Steve Claridge's scouting report here:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/08/21/scouting_report_andy_keogh_wol.html

Cabin Telly FC :D:D:D

shakermaker1982
21/08/2007, 12:59 PM
good to see the lad getting praised. The Wolves supporters also seem to be impressed by his desire and workrate.

Dr. Ogba
21/08/2007, 1:16 PM
Claridge must be a closet Irish fan....he must have profiled at least half of the young Irish lads in the Championship at this stage!

Dr. Ogba
21/08/2007, 2:19 PM
Time will tell TP...sure look at Stokes, never realised any of that early potential ;)

shelbourne1904
21/08/2007, 2:36 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Ogba;751387]Time will tell TP...sure look at Stokes, never realised any of that early potential ;)[/QUOTE
]
Thats a contradiction!!You have to give him time before you can say whether he did or didnt realise his potential!!But he hasnt done it yet.

as_i_say
21/08/2007, 3:59 PM
Haha Cabin Telly and Sleego rovers :)

Wolfie
21/08/2007, 4:13 PM
The way English commentator's pronounce his name is a bit annoying. They've a list of previous as well:

Keeeeeeeee - oh.

Paul Mc - Graffffffff
Kevin More-ran
Mark Kin - sella

paul_oshea
21/08/2007, 4:18 PM
Keeeeeeeee - oh.

thats to be honest a yankie doodle thing as well, the reason for this is the different spellings available such as:

kehoe which does sound like ke-hoe, but if you say it quick enough it becomes keogh etc.....like keown and keohane, both pronounced the same way by irish people ( those in the know at least ;) ) but not always by "outsiders".

Any craic anyway wolfie? do you reckon" is there any hope for us to qualify" since a few weeks ago?

Wolfie
21/08/2007, 4:21 PM
Any craic anyway wolfie? do you reckon" is there any hope for us to qualify" since a few weeks ago?

I'll get back to ye in mid September! :p

dr_peepee
21/08/2007, 7:19 PM
The way English commentator's pronounce his name is a bit annoying. They've a list of previous as well:

Keeeeeeeee - oh.

Paul Mc - Graffffffff
Kevin More-ran
Mark Kin - sella

Worse than that... I heard one reporter on a championship round up show last week refer to him as..... Wait for it.... Keee-oggg.... Seriously.... Nearly choked on my Sugar Puffs I did!!

SkStu
21/08/2007, 7:23 PM
what about Richard Sadlee-yay (according to Sky Sports Soccer Saturday)? always makes me laugh.

Paddy Garcia
21/08/2007, 7:24 PM
Lineker seemed incapable of saying "McGrath". How did he think it ever rhymed with Ooo Ahh ?

OwlsFan
22/08/2007, 8:55 AM
Next they'll be calling DORset Street, DorSET Street :rolleyes: It's an English thing to put the emphasis on the suffix rather than the prefix.

Sligo Hornet
22/08/2007, 9:21 AM
Back to the topic in mind.......I saw Andy first hand in Wolves opening game against my team, and I thought he was excellent.He is reall handful for any defender and has fantastic heading ability......only concern is his Hair!:eek:

ps the last four minutes were excellent!!:D

Plastic Paddy
22/08/2007, 9:48 AM
ps the last four minutes were excellent!!:D

I enjoyed those too. Best four minutes of the entire game... :D

:ball: PP

Sligo Hornet
23/08/2007, 7:16 AM
Andy looked full of energy against Denmark, and has great upper body strength so doesn't get pushed off the ball easily. He's also a good header of the ball, and now he's had a haircut, he actually "Looks" a great prospect!:)

The Legend
27/08/2007, 5:52 PM
now all he needs to do is score more goals..

Stuttgart88
27/08/2007, 7:26 PM
I didn't see any footy this weekend but I read on teletext that Keogh set up both Eastwood's goals in their win over Blackpool. Anyone see it?

carloz
27/08/2007, 8:06 PM
He is meant to have been excellent for them at the weekend. He is always involved in every Wolves goal. His scoring recored isnt great but his assist record must be high

DmanDmythDledge
27/08/2007, 8:10 PM
now all he needs to do is score more goals..
I wouldn't worry about that- he's not in the team to score. While it would be great if he was scoring loads it would be important not to take away emphasis from the strongest part of his game.

Stuttgart88
28/08/2007, 9:50 AM
Next they'll be calling DORset Street, DorSET Street :rolleyes: It's an English thing to put the emphasis on the suffix rather than the prefix.But don't they call the county "DORset"?

youngirish
28/08/2007, 10:01 AM
I wonder if Keogh more suited to play in the hole between the midfield and the strikers in the long term. At present he's known more o as a striker even though he tends to drift into that hole throughout the match.

In the long run I'd prefer to see him adopt this role (Ireland have plenty of young out and out strikers anyway).

Stuttgart88
28/08/2007, 10:09 AM
Some players like Michael Owen contribute nothing but goal scorig potential, Andy Keogh contributes loads but isn't prolific. From what I see of Keogh he's more than capable of being a threat from upfront. He's what I would call a forward, but not a striker. There's a difference.

irishbaz
28/08/2007, 2:16 PM
My mates a wolves fan season ticket on the north bank rates him highly. The only other Irish player he has paid that complement was Robbie keane as he hates praising anyone who isnt English (his words not mine) he is still very much of the mindset that Ireland are the English B team so I pointed out to him that Wolves are now the irish B team from the looks of things! I have seen him happier

tetsujin1979
28/08/2007, 6:55 PM
I didn't see any footy this weekend but I read on teletext that Keogh set up both Eastwood's goals in their win over Blackpool. Anyone see it?
Goals available here: http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/championshipvideo/0,,12555~1100804,00.html
Wolves' first goal clearly shows what Keogh is all about, holding up the ball and bringing other players into the play.
The second goal was a tap in after a shot from Keogh was saved.

tricky_colour
28/08/2007, 7:01 PM
Some players like Michael Owen contribute nothing but goal scorig potential, Andy Keogh contributes loads but isn't prolific. From what I see of Keogh he's more than capable of being a threat from upfront. He's what I would call a forward, but not a striker. There's a difference.

Yea he has yet to score this season, I can't see why he was picked over Trundle who scored two class goals at the weekend.

Sligo Hornet
28/08/2007, 8:39 PM
Yea he has yet to score this season, I can't see why he was picked over Trundle who scored two class goals at the weekend.

he has now....just got a penalty!

OwlsFan
30/08/2007, 3:41 PM
But don't they call the county "DORset"?

You got me there :D Wonder where the recent Irish trend of calling it dorSET street originated from.

I like "Keyo". I think there's a reasonable chance he'll make it, more so than Daryl Murphy anyway.

geysir
02/09/2007, 10:55 AM
More on Andy Keyhole, the king of the assists, BBC Sports

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wolverhampton_wanderers/6969678.stm

Stuttgart88
14/04/2009, 12:55 PM
Following on from a theme on the Wolves's thread I went to youtube to see if his quality goal against Derby was on it. It's not yet.

However, here's a good piece highlighting Keogh's talents, in response to criticsm of Keogh on the Wolves message boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4hUCyD-iQ

This clearly shows that the lad is a player. Hopefully he can make the next step up.

Closed Account
14/04/2009, 2:09 PM
Andy Keyhole Goals (http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2367191/)

irishfan86
14/04/2009, 5:53 PM
What is with the british pronunciation of "Keogh", it does sound like "keyhole" the way they're saying it. :confused:

These are the same people who can find an 'R' in Hyypiä, so I don't see why you're so surprised.

elroy
18/08/2009, 6:57 PM
Keeehhhooooe scores Wolves first goal of the season.

SkStu
18/08/2009, 7:35 PM
also it sounds like they are targeting Wards wing and he is more than holding his own...

SkStu
18/08/2009, 7:36 PM
Keogh also hit the post.

paul_oshea
18/08/2009, 8:22 PM
he has a nice touch on him.

Wigan look very ordinary.

hula4
18/08/2009, 10:54 PM
massive praise from mick mccarthy after the game for him,says he has been their best player in preseason

irishfan86
18/08/2009, 10:54 PM
Absolutely top-class performance by Keogh tonight. Ran his socks off, hit the post, and scored a well placed header.

Good all around play as well- I think the person who said that Keogh would perform better in the Premiership than he did in the Championship because of the less physical nature of the top flight was spot on.

Hopefully he can continue this run and maintain a starting spot for Wolves.

Manc Irish Wolf
18/08/2009, 11:33 PM
Just back from the game and am absolutely buzzing.

Keogh was quality for us tonight. Always thought that he had it in him to do it in the top flight because of his vision and slight of touch, just seemed to lack the self belief, which was most evident in front of goal. Appears that the injuries to Doyle and SEB have been a blessing in disguise and Keogh is finding his form which made him an instant hit with the fans when he first moved from Scunthorpe. His interlinking play is brilliant with his ability to bring others in the team vital in a 4-5-1 (something which SEB may find more difficult). He has beefed up over the summer and looks a lot more up for it and as pointed out on the message board attached, it may well be the pace of the game at this level which is bringing the best out of him, as he is relying on instinct, as opposed to deliberatring on the ball in front of goal (a trait also shown by Keano at times). It is widely acknowledged that Kightly plays better when Keogh is interlinking with him and SEB loves playing with him, so with a bit of a run and a bit more development, we could finally see the emergence of a serious contender for one of our striking berths - it would certainly be beneficial for us to see him gain an understanding with Doyle.

Other views attached: http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=42788

Ward has also acquitted himself well and whilst still learning his trade, with a season's experience may well blossom in the role. His heading and ability to attack the line is quality and their left winger was left relatively ineffective.

McCarthy has us playing well, as we did against West Ham. Don't believe the lazy journalism - welcome to the Premiership crap - with a couple more signings I can't see any reason why we can't stay up and develop further.

drummerboy
19/08/2009, 7:45 AM
Didn't see the game myself but I was listening to Phil Thompson on Sky Sports News who was raving about Keogh’s performance. I have always thought highly of him myself. Felt sorry for him being played out on the wing for Ireland when ever he got a chance. Certainly not his best position.

Duggie
19/08/2009, 9:12 AM
i rate keogh, want to see him upfront for us though and not stuck out on the wing. wouldnt mind seeing him come on in more games in the future.

paul_oshea
19/08/2009, 9:15 AM
The key difference between a winger and a striker is the ability to take the ball on at run at players,I dont think he has this. However he has a great first touch and can take the ball static, turn quickly and lose a man, which is the key difference here between playing on the wing. Once you have beaten the man with a quick touch as a forward you are effectively in on goal, as proved with his penalty chance. Think he dived but he could have had a penalty too as it was a terrible challenge.

geysir
19/08/2009, 9:22 AM
Good all around play as well- I think the person who said that Keogh would perform better in the Premiership than he did in the Championship because of the less physical nature of the top flight was spot on.
I have my doubts on that.
By accounts the lad has worked on his body strength.
He was an improving player throughout the last season for Wolves.
He has carried that improvement through to this season. I think it is more his football skills are suited to the premiership.

paul_oshea
19/08/2009, 9:34 AM
He is a confidence player, he has ups and downs and he had lots of them last year, from showing early promise to a mid season slump and then finishing well. Id say he is one of those who feeds off the fans, as he is still relatively young and inexperienced.

drummerboy
19/08/2009, 10:07 AM
He is a confidence player, he has ups and downs and he had lots of them last year, from showing early promise to a mid season slump and then finishing well. Id say he is one of those who feeds off the fans, as he is still relatively young and inexperienced.

The problem for Andy has been the fans at Wolves. They are a notoriously fickle lot and get on players backs very quickly if they are having a bad day. Other players love playing with Keogh. When he was with Scunthorpe he played along side Sharp who scored an amazing numbers of goals, however when the partnership was broken, Sharp has failed to score with various different clubs.

dr_peepee
19/08/2009, 10:38 AM
I remember reading in 442 there a couple of months ago, an interview with a particular player, think it might have been Kightly. And he mentioned Keoghs name in passing and added "Who I think is a very under rated player" before continuing with the rest of the peice.. I think it was Kightly anyway. Point was he was very impressed with Keogh..

Duggie
19/08/2009, 10:43 AM
ya hes had a hard time with the fans there..but its good that mick is there who rates him highly and has critised the fans for getting on his back before.

DannyInvincible
07/09/2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvyJYNli_j0&feature=related

drummerboy
07/09/2010, 11:01 AM
Jaysus Andy, lose the gum when you're being interviewed.

Stuttgart88
25/09/2010, 12:58 PM
Andy Keyhole gets his first for Cardiff, an 89th minute winner against Millwall.