PDA

View Full Version : Viva Espana

Neil
08/04/2003, 9:50 PM
Madrid 3-1 The English team

Now that is how football is supposed to be played... I hope all the ManU "supporters" in the pubs around Ireland aren't too disappointed. :D

Real ale Madrid
08/04/2003, 11:59 PM
Well done Neil, You have just put a curse on Madrid. Man Yooo will probably win the return leg 2-0 now or something. Just when I thought they were out. You have to rub it in at half time.

A face
09/04/2003, 12:22 AM
I hope they lose the return leg and win the league, that way there is no Europe for them to keep blowing on about and the league is predictably predictable ... ManUre winning again.

pete
09/04/2003, 9:57 AM
Raul, Raul.

Wonder what kind of player he'll be when he grows up.

;0

Shed End John
09/04/2003, 11:50 AM
Figo, Figo!!
What an unbelievably AMAZING goal. A joy to watch. Have to say Real are looking a FAR different team now.

Schumi
09/04/2003, 1:10 PM
Absolutely stunning. Madrid played the best football I've ever seen. I can't see anyone beating them if they play like that.

Real ale Madrid
09/04/2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Absolutely stunning. Madrid played the best football I've ever seen. I can't see anyone beating them if they play like that.

Madrid's defense was not too clever. It would be typical if those barstads won the second leg. Everyone is speaking too soon.

C'mon Real ale Mad.......I mean REAL MADRID.

Shed End John
10/04/2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Madrid's defense was not too clever. It would be typical if those barstads won the second leg. Everyone is speaking too soon.

Neither was Uniteds. The amount of times they came close to being 4-1 down, in the last 10 minutes alone, was criminal. Real shouldn't have too many worries in the 2nd leg. IMO, Real will open the scoring and kill it stone dead. Real for the European Cup.
Btw, anyone see last nights game? Barca and Juve were as crap as........I don't know what. Real would tear either side apart.

eoinh
10/04/2003, 12:19 PM
Real - a weak point but makes them a joy to behold is that they refuse to put the ball out of play when they are defending. they always try to play themselves out of danger. wonderfull:)

Shed End John
10/04/2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
Real - a weak point but makes them a joy to behold is that they refuse to put the ball out of play when they are defending. they always try to play themselves out of danger. wonderfull:)

Especially when, like Real, you have the ability to do it. Old Traffords bigger pitch will afford Real even MORE space in the return leg. IMO, they'll make total monkeys of United once again.

pete
10/04/2003, 1:29 PM
Real Madrid should play that Guti player as the team is carrying Ronaldo.

Badweather Fan
10/04/2003, 11:53 PM
Good point pete.
Guti is indeed heroic.
Midfielder turned striker.
Maybe he could fit in midfield.
Doing very well coming of the bench this year.
But they also have Morientes who won them their match against Rayo Vallecano at the weekend.
At the end of the day Ronaldo on song is superlative even to Raul and thus ze best.

Éanna
12/04/2003, 12:20 AM
real were a joy to watch. utd outclassed. raul IMO proved that he is up there with the best, zidane proved he is the best and ronaldo proved he's a fat git living on a 5 year old reputation. the sooner ronnie goes the better.

Gary
23/04/2003, 10:01 PM
well the 2nd leg is over and i must say - WHAT A MATCH.

Unirad won 4-3 on the night but still lost 6-5 on aggregate.

Ronaldo scored an amazing Hat Trick. I cannot fathom why the Real fans havent taken to him. The football on display was almost as good as what was on display last night at the Cross! :p

I honestly thought Utd were going to sneak it though. Glad they didnt. Cant see anyone beating Real at this point. What a team.

Neil
23/04/2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by pete
Real Madrid should play that Guti player as the team is carrying Ronaldo.

Yeah, Ronaldo aint up to it! :D
Sorry Pete!

Another embarrassment for the English.
Madrid were strolling for most of the game. If they really wanted they could have got two or three more. Different class.

pete
24/04/2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Yeah, Ronaldo aint up to it! :D
Sorry Pete!

Ah sure every fatboy has his day :D

If he lost a few pounds he might be up to John O'Flynns standard ;)

fosterdollar
24/04/2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Another embarrassment for the English.

jees at least you dont bear any hidden grudges :rolleyes:
what match were you watching? Why would they be embarrassed? Okay they played fairly crap in the firsthalf, but they redeemed themselves by showing good heart when it was left up to them to score four goals after already scoring one. Did you not see the look on the Reall players faces when Beckham knocked the ball across the line? The honestly looked like they were thinking, "Christ, will they ever let up?". As most commentators said after the game, the respective performances were a credit to both teams... and as Bobby Robson put it, it definitely was a night for football.

The Sheliban
24/04/2003, 10:46 AM
Why was the Traitor substituted? Was it because he was injured or because he was anonymous?

yur man
24/04/2003, 1:34 PM
great game. real always had that 2 goal lead. fair dues to united for tryin to outscore them

the best team won, but i dont tink juve or either milan will let them play like that. i tink real will win the CL but it wont be anywhere near as entertainin as last nights game cos of the italian style of play

keane is approachin retirement time very quickly. i cant see him goin to celtic or anywhere else after united. he cant burst a gut anymore, and the longer he stays, the more he will be shown up

o'shea was excellent. he needs better players around him or to move on to a club thats willin to spend its money, not keep it and earn interest on it

Schumi
24/04/2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
Why was the Traitor substituted? Was it because he was injured or because he was anonymous? I didn't even hear his name mentioned for the first half hour or so!