PDA

View Full Version : Marley Park - parking?

tetsujin1979
20/08/2007, 11:00 AM
going to Foo Fighters on wednesday, just wondering if it's worth my while driving down the M50 and parking there. I'm living in Blanchardstown, so to get there by bus will close to 2 hours, and getting back will be the same.

Or I could just drive down the M50 and drive home again in less than a half hour.
Anyone have any experience of their parking facilities?

Schumi
20/08/2007, 11:04 AM
going to Foo Fighters on wednesday, just wondering if it's worth my while driving down the M50 and parking there. I'm living in Blanchardstown, so to get there by bus will close to 2 hours, and getting back will be the same.

Or I could just drive down the M50 and drive home again in less than a half hour.
Anyone have any experience of their parking facilities?There's plenty of car parking, as long as you don't leave it too late. The traffic's been bad for previous concerts though so you could be on the M50 for a while.

Magicme
20/08/2007, 11:07 AM
When I went to see Crowded House there was plenty of parking in the fields in Marley Park but like Schumi says go early!

tetsujin1979
20/08/2007, 12:04 PM
cheers, I'm thinking of heading down there around 4 o clock direction, but we'll see what happens

Countyman
21/08/2007, 11:11 AM
Drove to the who concert a few weeks ago down the M50 from mad cow. Got parked in Marley Park itself .
Straight in - no hassle at all at about 4pm. Very few cars in there at that stage.

After the concert managed to get out very quickly because I parked near the exit and was home in Portlaoise an hour later.

Going to FF as well a bit earlier so hopefully it will go as smoothly.

SligoBrewer
21/08/2007, 12:59 PM
you could have made a nice pun in the thread title... pity..:(

Dublin12
22/08/2007, 8:43 AM
I know the sun is out today and it's actually quite warm and looking good!!,but do you still think it will be a mudfest over there with all the recent rain we've had?.

OwlsFan
22/08/2007, 8:57 AM
When I went to see Crowded House there was plenty of parking in the fields in Marley Park but like Schumi says go early!

Just don't park on our cricket square, thanks :p

Countyman
22/08/2007, 9:19 AM
I know the sun is out today and it's actually quite warm and looking good!!,but do you still think it will be a mudfest over there with all the recent rain we've had?.

Doubt it since there were no concerts in the last 2 months there so the ground should be perfect. Might be a bit dodgy for the damien rice crowd at the weekend after 20,000 moshers tonight.

Dublin12
22/08/2007, 9:29 AM
Doubt it since there were no concerts in the last 2 months there so the ground should be perfect. Might be a bit dodgy for the damien rice crowd at the weekend after 20,000 moshers tonight.

Do you reckon it will be perfect?,what about all the trucks with stage gear etc setting up,I still think it'll be a bit messy.

What was it like for The Who concert?,as far as I can remember that day was rain free but the week before was a wash out.

Schumi
22/08/2007, 11:05 AM
What was it like for The Who concert?,as far as I can remember that day was rain free but the week before was a wash out.Seemed to be OK, people didn't look too muddy on their way out anyway. The drainage is usually fine, I don't remember Marley Park ever being soaked for long after rain. I'd be surprised if it's bad.

Dublin12
23/08/2007, 8:54 AM
Well,gig was great imo.NIN were superb,have seen them before and they are still a great live act.Foo Fighters were really up for it and didn't disappoint.The sound was good but could have been that little bit better but it was still very loud and clear.
Was very impressed with the venue,everything was very well organised, no scumbags or skangers knocking around either,everybody seemed fairly relaxed and up for the music and there was no pools of mud either!

Countyman
23/08/2007, 9:41 AM
Agreed great show. Even won 2 tix for the pit. FF's were on their game. Great to hear they will be back in november too.

The ground held up very well although it was starting to get very soft later. If it rains at all before the weekend i think they will get a bit mucked up for sunday.

NIN were excellent and I will definately check out Silversun pickups again. Very impressed with Marley Park as a venue.

tetsujin1979
23/08/2007, 3:04 PM
Thought it was a great gig.
not the biggest NIN fan so a lot of that passed me by.
Dave was obviously well up for it and it was good to hear some of the older stuff, Monkey Wrench and This Is A Call.
Truly surreal seeing Pat Smear on stage with Dave again for the encore, and the cover of Keep The Car Running was excellent

Thank for the parking advice, took a while to get down there battling rush hour traffic, but was back in Blanchardstown in less than 30 minutes on the way back.

The Optimist
23/08/2007, 6:49 PM
I tought it was a great gig last night.The foo fighters were on fire!
Nine Inch Nails really surprised me i'll have to check out there back catolouge.

Magicme
24/08/2007, 9:12 AM
Am lookin forward to Sunday as its going to be a girly fest! My ickle sister is 16, our neecy (of the James & Denise on tour fame at Mons games!) is 17, & 2 other mates all heading in my car so will be fun!

rebs23
30/08/2007, 8:42 AM
Went up to see NIN and didn't bother staying for the FF. Great venue, great set up at Marlay Park and NIN were excellent, first time in Ireland since 1993. Absolutely outstanding live and should have been the headline act. Pioneers of industrial electronica. For those checking out their back catalogue try "the downward spiral", "pretty hate machine", "broken" and "fixed". New one "year zero" is also pretty good.

Supporting the Foo Fighters was a sham, a disgrace. Real alternative cutting edge music versus mainstream bland MOR Rok N Roll for so called indie grunge kids.

cullenswood
21/08/2008, 8:21 AM
Anyone at Marlay Park last nite? What was the traffic like afterwards. I'm heading to the Killers tonite but won't be able to make it there early. Will prob be hitting the M50 around 7ish at the Lucan exit, so will drive down that way. Which exit should I pull off at, and any suggestions on where I should park. I don't mind having a two mile walk or so just so as I am not waiting for hours afterwards.

Schumi
21/08/2008, 9:47 AM
Anyone at Marlay Park last nite? What was the traffic like afterwards. I'm heading to the Killers tonite but won't be able to make it there early. Will prob be hitting the M50 around 7ish at the Lucan exit, so will drive down that way. Which exit should I pull off at, and any suggestions on where I should park. I don't mind having a two mile walk or so just so as I am not waiting for hours afterwards.Exit the M50 at the Sandyford/Dundrum exit. I don't know the best place to park, local residents get parking passes for their cars so you mightn't be able to park in any of the housing estates around. If not, maybe Dundrum shopping centre would have parking? It'd be about a 30 minute walk from Marley Park.

Angus
21/08/2008, 11:00 AM
Exit the M50 at the Sandyford/Dundrum exit. I don't know the best place to park, local residents get parking passes for their cars so you mightn't be able to park in any of the housing estates around. If not, maybe Dundrum shopping centre would have parking? It'd be about a 30 minute walk from Marley Park.

Good news - I was up there last niught for Metallica - get off at sandyford and head for Dundrum

Take the first left up ballinteer avenue and about half a mile up there is a superquinn / ballinteer house complex - loads of parking there and in the housing estates around the back

holidaysong
21/08/2008, 11:18 AM
I was there last night. The traffic was a nightmare (rush hour). A taxi from Pearse Street to the venue took an hour so I ended up missing Tenacious D. Got to listen to the Ireland game on the radio though. The queue to get into the concert itself was also very long. Not too sure about the traffic afterwards as it took 45 minutes to queue for a ticket for the bus and then join a queue to get on the bus itself. It was all a bit of a shambles to be honest. You might have better luck on the M50 route though..