PDA

View Full Version : Waterford replay

Rory H
19/08/2007, 3:30 PM
Saw a good few posters around today. Similar size to last one but way less attention grabbing. A4 ones doing the rounds too. Great to see them though

Season tickets arent valid so bigger queues anticipated...get there early in other words.

sligoman
19/08/2007, 3:39 PM
nice to heat the postersAre you saying we should burn them?:eek: ****ing hooligan:mad:

Red&White Rover
19/08/2007, 4:01 PM
This will be very very tough and just to get through would be wonderful.

No way RT. Away yes, but at home, anything other than victory is poor.

feo123
19/08/2007, 10:49 PM
looking forward to it, should be a handy win but you never know in cup football, you never know in irish football really. they got a point off us at home in the league, so it won't be easy this time either, their a big and physical enough side! are they full time? i think their manager said they were...i thought they were part time!
i'll go for 2-0 rovers, edgy first half but our class to show in the 2nd half and we'll pull away.....

gustavo
20/08/2007, 8:50 AM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/403/88/

rovers clean bill of health , like RT i'd say its gonna be tough and we will need to be full strength

sligoman
20/08/2007, 8:51 AM
Should win. Waterford are muck but at the same time we can't let our guard down or they could sneak one. They'll probably be hoping for penalties.

Anyone know if it's golden goal in extra time or are both halves played?

redtildead
20/08/2007, 11:42 AM
Anyone know if it's golden goal in extra time or are both halves played?
I think golden goal was scrapped its just 2 normal halves

Red&White Rover
20/08/2007, 12:12 PM
Handy win ? Nothing about this will be handy, they are a tough side and they are not going to come and roll over.

RT, at home, we should be more than capable of beating them handily. Away to the RSC is tough, but at home, with them coming up on the day as well, i'll be shocked if we don't win.

Red&White Rover
20/08/2007, 12:25 PM
They are coming up tonight ! Nobody has given Waterford a spanking this year !

There not AFAIK. Part time team, players need to get off work, all this came from the mouth of their chairman.

Red&White Rover
20/08/2007, 12:59 PM
Where did you hear that ? As their manager said they were coming up tonight straight after the game !

My sources....well AFAIK that's what their Chairman said, that they wouldn't be up for an overnight as their players are part time, and there not in a financial position to afford it really..

DmanDmythDledge
20/08/2007, 1:07 PM
They are coming up tonight ! Nobody has given Waterford a spanking this year !
We've beaten them twice without any bother. Going on what I've seen of Waterford this season Sligo will win 3/4 nil if ye play your best.

life long red
20/08/2007, 1:19 PM
i,ll put my house on it that rvs will beat waterford

life long red
20/08/2007, 1:21 PM
Well the manager said after the game that they would travel up tonight ! As for the UCD fans saying we should beat them 3 or 4 nil they are very few teams in this league who hammer each other, 3 or 4 nil is just stupid !
rvs hammered cork 4-i

Rovers fan
20/08/2007, 2:04 PM
have to agree with RT wont be an easy victory at all, i would take a scrappy 1-0 win any day of the week.

Red&White Rover
20/08/2007, 5:34 PM
Well i think they should but this sort of 3-0 or 4-0 is rubbish. They came a few months ago and got a draw.

In fairness that was Cookie's first game and things was very different...

sligoman
20/08/2007, 6:07 PM
have to agree with RT wont be an easy victory at all, i would take a scrappy 1-0 win any day of the week.Well on Tuesday preferably.

sligoman
20/08/2007, 6:22 PM
Just after watching game again and Cronin said they're gonna travel up Monday night.

red arrow
20/08/2007, 8:53 PM
make no mistake about it this is going to be another dogfight we will have to be at our best to win. fully focussed and up for it . this game is a one off a cup game all this talk about 3 nil and 4 nil wins is stupid. complacency from supporters can rub off on the players. we must support the team as if our lives depended on it . waterford have nothing to lose as i said before we are a better footballing side and we will get chances but we must take these chances. a lot of people are going to the game tomorrow night expecting a win. this can be dangerous as a complacent crowd wont rise the team and when things start going wrong they get on the teams back therefore it is imperative that we the supporters are very vocal supporting the bit o red. encourage them and they will deliver . make it a carnival atmosphere with flags etc. yee lads in the blue stand sing and shout exactly the way yee did against shams and bray. yee are the vital cog and the connection with the team. the crowd in the main stand are always expectant(i go there myself cause i have 2 young lads with me. i used to be a shed head years ago) so i know what its like to be passionate about the rovers. do the business lads. gather the troups and sing your hearts out for the lads. if we can win thiss game i see a great finish to the season. best of luck

sligoman
20/08/2007, 11:48 PM
Prediction: 3-1 to Rovers. Rovers take the lead but then Waterford equalise and then we pull away. Curran with one of the goals.

Rovers fan
21/08/2007, 1:41 AM
prediction: 2-1 to rovers, faz and boyd with the goals

Redzer
21/08/2007, 6:05 AM
IMO if we are to win this game, we must score first. We saw what happened last Friday in Waterford when they scored. Everyone behind the ball and then give us no time or opportunitys to pass.
If we score first they have to come out and play football. That's when we are at our best. We have space to move the ball at pace.
1-nil to Rovers will do fine, but it will be nail biting.
What happens if the score is level at full time? Is there extra time or penalties?

sligoman
21/08/2007, 11:05 AM
Is there extra time or penalties?Extra time then penalties.

Rory H
21/08/2007, 11:12 AM
head to blue stand early lads....hope that fence isnt up

sligoman
21/08/2007, 2:12 PM
Waterford are 5-1 to win tonight:eek:

Hughes to score 2 or more is 14-1.

Sligobhoy
21/08/2007, 3:30 PM
Have backed Rovers -1 tonight.

bluemovie
24/08/2007, 11:04 AM
are they full time? i think their manager said they were...i thought they were part time!

We haven't got a single full-time pro these days. All of them were back in work on Wednesday. After scoring the winning penalty, Robbie Hedderman was in work at 9 o'clock on Wednesday morning. Pat Flynn, our man-of-the-match had pulled sickies on Monday and Tuesday (do his employers not read the paper??). Gareth Cronin could only join the squad at 3pm on Tuesday after a morning's work in Dublin. But they get no praise for it. As one of the lads said, they could walk down the street in Waterford and not be recognised, but if you put a hurl in their hand, people would be lauding them for their dedication to the sport.

half_full
24/08/2007, 11:19 AM
Yep even Dean Delaney has had to get a job since joining from Shels