PDA

View Full Version : QPR V Cardiff

robbie_B
18/08/2007, 5:03 PM
McPhail was the best player on the pitch. Didn't give the ball away, some lovely touches, kept it very simple, think Cardiff might go up this year. Byrne will find it tough to get a game. McPhail made Rowlands look very average. I think he could still do a job for Ireland.

pineapple stu
18/08/2007, 5:06 PM
think Cardiff might go up this year.
Unless they hit financial trouble first. Fowler and Hasselbaink are remarkable signings for a club so heavily and publicly in debt.

westside hoop
18/08/2007, 6:04 PM
QPR were very poor, lack any creativity in midfield. At least last season they could give the ball to Cook and hope he created something which he often did. They also need to get Sahar back fit. They got him on loan from Chelsea and I think him and Dexster B will be a good strike force when they get used to each other. As for Rowlands...I think he looks quite average a lot of the time!

carloz
18/08/2007, 6:07 PM
Rowlands was excellent for QPR in the last two games however. Jay Tabb is also playhing very well for Coventry

robbie_B
19/08/2007, 9:18 AM
I agree Rowlands can be very average, after reading about his performance against Bristol City I was expecting a lot more than he produced against Cardiff. I think he is more effective out on the left and the kid from West Ham was seriously overhyped in the buildup to the match. No sign of James Simmonds.

If the takeover goes through as expected on Monday I would expect Gregory to bring in a few more players, I think Graham Kavanagh would be a great signing. I think the Irish keeper Cardiff signed from Derry - Forde will struggle to get a game, the keeper they have on loan played very well.

Irish_Praha
19/08/2007, 10:12 AM
Byrne will find it tough to get a game.

He's already been released

robbie_B
19/08/2007, 11:41 AM
Byrne has been given the squad number 26 in the matchday magazine. Also James Simmonds was down in the Cardiff squad as number 22. Very odd. He was on trial with QPR and don't Chelsea hold his registration?

robbie_B
19/08/2007, 1:21 PM
Simmonds played in a few pre-season mtaches for QPR and played well. No mention of any contract being offered, not sure if he is still on trial. QPR have taken a winger on loan from West Ham but he wasn't the best so maybe Gregory will give Simmonds a contract. The club is likely to be in the hands of new owners on monday so maybe they will give Gregory more £££.

Soper
19/08/2007, 5:40 PM
He's already been released

Incorrect

pineapple stu
19/08/2007, 6:53 PM
Yeah, he's still on the squad list on the official website anyway.

Soper
19/08/2007, 6:58 PM
They were talking about him on the radio as well. I didn't hear it myself, but my Mother mentioned it in passing. Something about some caller saying he needed to be given a chance or sold.