PDA

View Full Version : It's not fair

bray boy
17/08/2007, 9:57 PM
really though drogs and pats last minute goals and i think the worst refereeing ive ever seen .it really really isnt looking good for the final weeks can we stay up?

thedoyler
17/08/2007, 10:12 PM
It just isnt a bray game unless we lose a match we dont deserve to in the last minute to a poxy goal. As with so many performances this season we rarely ever get what we deserve. Terrible miss from franco should have been 2-2 having said that.

Dodge
18/08/2007, 12:06 AM
It just isnt a bray game unless we lose a match we dont deserve

In all fairness we dominated for about 70 minutes of that game and should've been at least 2 goals up before Delaney scored.

Agree the referee was shocking. I don't think Murphy's 2nd yellw was deserved (but at least I knew it was his second yellow) and I thought our disallowed goal was onside (admittedly at a poor angle for this)

superfrank
18/08/2007, 12:11 AM
Terrible miss from franco should have been 2-2 having said that.
In fairness to him, how good do you expect someone his size to be at heading the ball?

Can't help but feel robbed. I don't think we really deserved anything but to lose it that way is always hard. It certainly wasn't a great game for us. We only had maybe twenty to thirty minutes where we played well.

Ref wasn't the best. It was pretty stupid when he didn't know to send off Anto Murphy. And Emeika should've been booked, at least, for a blatant elbow on Foley (I think). Also there was one good penalty shout for us. I didn't think the Pats goal was offside but we had a worse angle than you probably had Dodge.

Seagull
18/08/2007, 11:02 AM
and i think the worst refereeing ive ever seen .it really really isnt looking good for the final weeks can we stay up?

ok firstly that was by far the worst reffering in in eircom league ive seen anyway also yer man eh number 19is total rubbish

You're worse than Gormley, he'll be in the paper again this week saying we were robbed by the ref- never mind the fact we created little and have noone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Last night, our centre-half was our biggest attacking threat but it was heartbreaking to lose it like that. End of our season last night, now just a relegation dog fight to look forward to and I don't fancy our chances...

Stevo Da Gull
18/08/2007, 11:47 AM
a relegation dog fight to look forward to and I don't fancy our chances...

I do, we're not far off playing well, we're just a small breakthrough away from regaining our form. However the fact that we have'nt won a game since Daz has been injured is concerning, we always knew that he was very important but jebus we miss him a whole lot more than the normal amount, even for a legend with 5 POTY awards.

Last night was dissapointing but.. well I still don't know what to say. Fair play to Pats and good luck in the next round :ball:

Poor Student
19/08/2007, 7:19 AM
No way are Bray going down. They've too much quality to end up below both Waterford and Galway and lose the playoffs.

centre mid
19/08/2007, 10:44 AM
We wont go down

BrayUnknowns
20/08/2007, 9:46 AM
Goals in the 93rd and 94th minutes against Drogheda and St Pats respectivaly are only our own fault, no one to blame but ourselves. FFS Pats were down to 10 men and they decide to start playing their most attacking football of the night, but the bad thing is that we let them. It's deep in injury time, just fooking lump the ball up field. And as for Franco's miss at the end, doesn't matter how tall a player is, he was virtually in the middle of the net and headed it straight at Ryan. He won't be in the starting XI anytime soon after that.

The only main difference between Bray and the likes of Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, Derry City, Bohs, Pats etc is that they all have goal scorers, people who put their chances away even when they are playing poorly - We don't ! we've scored only 16 goals this season in the league (less than a goal a game), only 1 more than Waterford, everyone else has more than us. Personally that's why i think we will be dragged back into the bottom 2 or 3.

jonboy
21/08/2007, 1:34 PM
why is franco not starting???? our only real goalscorer is there something i dont know about??

Grey Boy
21/08/2007, 2:03 PM
Franco doesn't deserve that criticism. He's coming back from injury and Gormley for some unexplainable reason played Dunphy ahead of him early this season. I think we could of had a few more goals and points if he hadn't. But even though we are a far improved team from last year , make no mistake this is a relegation battle now. Galway and Waterford are picking up points here and there and we've got a tough run of games ahead of us (AWAY). If we can pull through our next few fixtures ahead of those two we'll be O.K.

superfrank
21/08/2007, 3:03 PM
Friday the 7th (away to Waterford) is a game we should be looking to win. Our next few games are going to be really tough and, imo, bar Foxy and Daz, the lack of experience won't help us.

sligoman
21/08/2007, 11:12 PM
Try dominating the match and losing on a penalty shoot-out for unfair!

Bray Head
22/08/2007, 11:10 AM
Friday the 7th (away to Waterford) is a game we should be looking to win. Our next few games are going to be really tough and, imo, bar Foxy and Daz, the lack of experience won't help us.

We have plenty of other experienced players Williams, Delaney & Gough so there should be no excuses. We just lack someone to put the ball in the net.

Grey Boy
22/08/2007, 11:19 AM
Try dominating the match and losing on a penalty shoot-out for unfair!

Which match Sligoman?

superfrank
22/08/2007, 12:36 PM
We have plenty of other experienced players Williams, Delaney & Gough so there should be no excuses. We just lack someone to put the ball in the net.
I forgot Delaney and Williams. Sorry but I can't take Gougher seriously as a player. He makes so many simple mistakes. HE did one good thing the other night against Pats and the fact that a lot of us were completely shocked says it all really. Imo, he should be used as a last resort. He can't cut it in the Premier.

I think if Franco gets a regular run in the team, he'd get some form going. He really is our best attacking threat and with Dunphy injured and him coming back he has a chance to cement a place.

notever
23/08/2007, 8:15 PM
I think its about time we won a game maybe we didn't deserve to.Could that be Friday against Derry or Monday's v Cork City, lets hope so.......