PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1 Waterford 1

avvenalaf
17/08/2007, 9:03 PM
Just about made it to a draw. Poor performance in awful conditions and Conor was badly missed although he probably would heve been red carded - it was that kinda night. Cronin reckons they'll win in Sligo. Ah, God love him, sure we all have our own delusions. Great support but disappointed that I didn't see Sligoman. Kept looking out but no on with a GAA jersey there.

DRDoc
17/08/2007, 11:31 PM
Good game wasnt it lads

Just back - v decent crowd of Sligos down there - 100 I reckon - made lots of noise

I fancy sligo to get through next round

Waterford had a lot of the ball in the second half, but in fairness I thought a draw was fair

Rovers fan
18/08/2007, 3:50 AM
the linesman was flagging for their goal.

Midgit
18/08/2007, 3:52 AM
Very poor match.
Long long bus journey, not helped by the fact the bus driver went the wrong way out of Waterford and we ended up in Cork.:D:D LOL
Good away support lads.

But i can't see anything other than a Rovers win tuesday night.

Only1Rovers
18/08/2007, 8:38 AM
the linesman was flagging for their goal.

he couldn't have been off side as the ball came back off Jamie, Ref was correct IMO.

What a poor game though

Da Real Rover
18/08/2007, 10:48 AM
Was painfull to watch, but at least we got da replay at home.

gustavo
18/08/2007, 11:14 AM
Just about made it to a draw. Poor performance in awful conditions and Conor was badly missed although he probably would heve been red carded - it was that kinda night. Cronin reckons they'll win in Sligo. Ah, God love him, sure we all have our own delusions. Great support but disappointed that I didn't see Sligoman. Kept looking out but no on with a GAA jersey there.
the camera kept going back to sligoman for some reason :oPoor game though

Midgit
18/08/2007, 11:31 AM
For those who traveled and want to see the game here you are: http://www.tg4.ie/Webt/webt.htm
Click into Web TV, then in the side panel click into Soccer, then the first ont the list is the Rovers game.

Red&White Rover
18/08/2007, 11:34 AM
Poor match, but happy to get a chance to take them back here and destroy them on Tuesday night.

Good away support last night and the camera just couldnt get enough of me...;)

Fivesilver
18/08/2007, 11:50 AM
Thought we were robbed for their goal at first, but after seeing it on the telly looks like the ref was spot on.

O'Grady badly missed - we hardly won a tackle in midfield all night. They had more of the ball in the second half, but I never felt we were going to let in a second, and we had several chances to win it.
I also thought the ref was very free with yellow cards for us and extremely charitable to Waterford for fouls that were at least as bad.

the bus driver went the wrong way out of Waterford and we ended up in Cork

If I'd known that was going to happen I could have saved the cost of a B&B. :p

foxfordred
18/08/2007, 11:59 AM
watched the game in the danny boy bar in salou with a few san miguels great stuff

Rovers fan
18/08/2007, 1:07 PM
he couldn't have been off side as the ball came back off Jamie, Ref was correct IMO.

yea but if our players saw the lineman flagging they could have switched off, i dont know if they did or not because i havent seen it on tv

dublinred
18/08/2007, 1:55 PM
Thought it was a alright game to watch , plenty of end to end action and a lot of chances for both sides , we played some great football at times but final ball into box was poor , players tried very hard to win the game in the last 15 mins maybe they realised a draw would mean no velvet rooms tonight . Think we should win the reply but it gives Galway an advantage for Friday night.

redtildead
18/08/2007, 2:01 PM
Long long bus journey, not helped by the fact the bus driver went the wrong way out of Waterford and we ended up in Cork.:D:D LOL

Not helped either by what I did on the bus which was embarassing and wont happen again. Those on bus will know what I am on about. Sorry for making a long trip worse.

Midgit
18/08/2007, 2:08 PM
Not helped either by what I did on the bus which was embarassing and wont happen again. Those on bus will know what I am on about. Sorry for making a long trip worse.

:rolleyes::D:D

sligoman
18/08/2007, 2:08 PM
Terrible game in terrible conditions. Like most others, I thought the ref was wrong with the first goal but on seeing it on tv again it turns out he was right. Waterford are very poor and I'd expect us to get through on Tuesday. I hope. Tour of Ireland was good though:)
Nice foxfordred, you needed drink to watch that game.So is that your excuse for being rotten?:p
Not helped either by what I did on the bus which was embarassing and wont happen again. Those on bus will know what I am on about. Sorry for making a long trip worse.Scumbag:p

Rovers fan
18/08/2007, 2:35 PM

you are sick!

Red&White Rover
18/08/2007, 2:43 PM

I don't wanna know, but in short, rtd, you are/were a mess...:eek:

Rory H
18/08/2007, 2:44 PM
Happens to everyone at some stage....you get to know the signs after a while and you can control yourself then:p

Very strange game, happy to come of it with a replay. I'm sure Cook was not a happy man after. Tuesday will be just as difficult, if we get back to passing the ball we should be ok. Time will tell

Red&White Rover
18/08/2007, 2:51 PM
Very strange game, happy to come of it with a replay. I'm sure Cook was not a happy man after. Tuesday will be just as difficult, if we get back to passing the ball we should be ok. Time will tell

I don't think so...

I'm fully confident of a comfortable victory in The Showgrounds...

Yesterday was fairly what i expected except i thought we could sneak a late winner...

Rovers fan
18/08/2007, 4:13 PM
we definitely play our best football against the better teams. against the poor sides we dont seem to play with our normal flowing style, passing the ball about

Red&White Rover
18/08/2007, 4:20 PM
we definitely play our best football against the better teams. against the poor sides we dont seem to play with our normal flowing style, passing the ball about

I agree, we seem to want to start hoofing it a bit more often and against the "poorer" teams...

Darco Ooragnak
20/08/2007, 11:13 PM
Highlights (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=750823#post750823)