PDA

View Full Version : Prague meet up...

KoemansCC
17/08/2007, 6:56 AM
So, 3 weeks to go lads...any ideas of a meet up point in Prague, will it be the first pub outside the train station?

Sligo Hornet
17/08/2007, 7:09 AM
I think it will be somewhere around the main square.." Wenceslas Square":confused:

jbyrne
17/08/2007, 8:25 AM
I think it will be somewhere around the main square.." Wenceslas Square":confused:

wenceslas square is more like an oconnell street style road. there is an old main sqare with no traffic that has pubs and bars. that will probably be the natural meeting point

word of caution.... dont get a taxi from the old square as they will fleece you. there are two types of fares in prague... the proper one and then a much higher one where the driver has a button under the dash that he presses and it speeds up the meter!! they usually target tourists with this device. agree a fare before you get in is my advice

Dotsy
17/08/2007, 8:34 AM
wenceslas square is more like an oconnell street style road. there is an old main sqare with no traffic that has pubs and bars. that will probably be the natural meeting point

word of caution.... dont get a taxi from the old square as they will fleece you. there are two types of fares in prague... the proper one and then a much higher one where the driver has a button under the dash that he presses and it speeds up the meter!! they usually target tourists with this device. agree a fare before you get in is my advice

The Old Town Square (metro stop Staromestska) is better for pubs. There are some excellent Czech bars on the little streets leading off it also. jbyrne is right, avoid taxis from the old town taxi ranks if at all possible. THey will fleece you big time. Taxis from the airport are fine.

Claret Murph
17/08/2007, 10:00 AM
Don't get me going about taxi's as they are the same the world over they like to hide their past and over charging make's them feel better .

shakermaker1982
17/08/2007, 12:41 PM

100% agree. The taxi driver I used from the train station tried to charge me 20 quid sterling for a 5 minute ride to my hotel.

Hibs4Ever
17/08/2007, 12:44 PM
Cafferys Irish Bar is right on the Old Town square. The biggest rip off pub in the Czech Rep. British pub right next door to it

Rocky O'Reillys is just off Wenceslas Square, probably biggeest Irish Bar in Prague.

The only "real" irish bar is JJ Murphys on the oppisite side of Charles Bridge, but far too small for the amount of Irish that'll be there

Sligo Hornet
17/08/2007, 12:51 PM
I'm with Dotsy, The Old Town Square Czech bars sound the best!:)

NeilMcD
17/08/2007, 1:12 PM
Yeah I have been in Prague twice and not mad on the Irish bars and Caffreys is a rip of too.

shakermaker1982
17/08/2007, 1:50 PM
The prices are a joke in those Irish bars. I had to go in to watch the Man Utd - Milan champions league game 2 years ago and the BEER was nearly as expensive as the UK!

For you boys who'll no doubt be visiting the 'late' / 'dodgy' bars.......

One dirty ****er from work has just got back from Prague and got a private lap dance off two strippers for roughly 70 quid sterling. 15 minutes and they took him up in a lift to their room. Why he has told the whole office I just don't know but he had the pictures to prove it!!!

Sligo Hornet
17/08/2007, 2:03 PM
The prices are a joke in those Irish bars. I had to go in to watch the Man Utd - Milan champions league game 2 years ago and the BEER was nearly as expensive as the UK!

For you boys who'll no doubt be visiting the 'late' / 'dodgy' bars.......

One dirty ****er from work has just got back from Prague and got a private lap dance off two strippers for roughly 70 quid sterling. 15 minutes and they took him up in a lift to their room. Why he has told the whole office I just don't know but he had the pictures to prove it!!!

We don't want any of that nonsense on this trip....disgraceful...shouldn't be anymore than £50 including beer!!:D

Hibs4Ever
17/08/2007, 3:24 PM
We don't want any of that nonsense on this trip....disgraceful...shouldn't be anymore than £50 including beer!!:D

Go to Caberat Prague Prague in Wencelas Square so

About €10 in with 4 free beers, plus of course the show ;)

Mento
17/08/2007, 4:15 PM
Town Square is certainly the better option IMO

Plenty of supermarkets with dirt cheap booze around as well

NeilMcD
18/08/2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah I spent a great day in prague enjoying the beers from the supermarkes. Just popping to the supermarket every second round. The homeless guys collect the bottle s from you too, so you dont have to worry about the environment. they also get money for the bottles so you are doing your bit for make poverty history too. Bono and Madonna would be proud of you.

HolylandsMan
18/08/2007, 12:53 PM
There'll be no bother from the police for drinking cans in public then?

Hibs4Ever
19/08/2007, 8:53 AM
There'll be no bother from the police for drinking cans in public then?

There'll be no problems at all there

Saint Tom
19/08/2007, 9:03 AM
agree that Caffery's is a total rip off. Had about eight hours in Prague on the way to Cyprus last year and had one thre, when we realised that it was as expensive as here we just left

horney
27/08/2007, 12:16 PM
darlings is quite a good spot

NeilMcD
27/08/2007, 1:44 PM
THat is the best user name on this.

Sligo Hornet
27/08/2007, 4:02 PM

Totally agree Neil........almost sounds like "Hornet":D

NeilMcD
27/08/2007, 6:33 PM
Sligo Horney does not have the same ring to it. Kind of like that girl from Sligo who had her own webpage.

AidoM
27/08/2007, 6:53 PM

Totally agree Neil........almost sounds like "Hornet":D

Surely yous must have met him :confused: ;)

Moscow Mule
27/08/2007, 7:12 PM
Surely yous must have met him :confused: ;)

Is there something we should know?

Sligo Hornet
27/08/2007, 7:21 PM
Is there something we should know?

Don't be silly......I used to be an altar boy!;)