PDA

View Full Version : Little trouble for Cork?

Buile Shuibhne
17/08/2007, 6:16 AM
from today's Indo:

Meanwhile, Cork City badly need a win when they host Kilkenny at Turner's Cross. There were off-field developments at the Leeside club yesterday with vice-chairman Jim Little resigning and rolling his investment into the Arkaga Fund - the private equity fund for which he worked.

Does this mean that he has taken his money out of the club?

green-blood
17/08/2007, 8:39 AM
no, it means e's moved it sideways so tht he's not personally responsible for anything - why is the question

gufct
17/08/2007, 8:40 AM
Fintan its sad to see this is what you are lowered to now. If you read any article on this you would have seen Little was the middleman is the Cork City Deal and it was an investment company that were putting in the finances.

OneRedArmy
17/08/2007, 8:43 AM
Valid question IMHO.

Not sure I'd be mad keen if my club was taken over by a private equity firm. They aren't known for their love of the game.

Buile Shuibhne
17/08/2007, 9:21 AM
Fintan its sad to see this is what you are lowered to now. If you read any article on this you would have seen Little was the middleman is the Cork City Deal and it was an investment company that were putting in the finances.

I quoted the couple of brief lines that were in the paper, which don't give a whole lot of info - hence my question for more.

pete
17/08/2007, 10:35 AM
I quoted the couple of brief lines that were in the paper, which don't give a whole lot of info - hence my question for more.

I think line you quoted actually answered your question :rolleyes:

Jim Little resigning and rolling his investment into the Arkaga Fund

This is already being discussed in the City section here in the Investors thread.

Jaime
17/08/2007, 12:13 PM
Honestly can't see how any kind of involvement of a private equity fund in a neL football club could be in any way beneficial to either party. :confused: