PDA

View Full Version : Sheff United at it again

jebus
16/08/2007, 12:07 PM
They are taking West Ham to court again to try and get themselves re-instated back into the Premier League. They know that's a fools errand so they have a second claim to sue West Ham for their £50million Premier League fee. :rolleyes:

Typical swill coming from Bramell Lane then

Lionel Ritchie
16/08/2007, 12:16 PM
They are taking West Ham to court again to try and get themselves re-instated back into the Premier League. They know that's a fools errand so they have a second claim to sue West Ham for their £50million Premier League fee. :rolleyes:

Typical swill coming from Bramell Lane then

Can't leave the wednesday baggage at the door ha?

Look, I keep an eye out for West Ham (an Uncle played for them briefly yonks ago) but you wouldn't be calling this a fools errand if it was Wednesday who were relegated because a lesser standard was applied to a direct competitor for a premiership place.

Blunts are right to feel aggrieved and they're right to try and nail West Ham for whatever figure they can conjure up.

jebus
16/08/2007, 12:21 PM
They've been through the courts twice already and haven't managed to win one of their cases, why take it to court a third time? Genuinely I think they should just accept they got shafted and get on with it in the Fizzy League with the rest of us, well not with Leeds obviously :p

And getting that tosser Sean Bean to try and get this made into a Commons issue is pretty :o

Lionel Ritchie
16/08/2007, 12:38 PM
I think they should just accept they got shafted and get on with it in the Fizzy League with the rest of us, well not with Leeds obviously So you accept they got shafted? Like you would for Wednesday I'm sure. They're right to exploit every avenue available to them to make this as painful and damaging as possible for the hammers and to try and get any and all compensation available to SheffU.

...and don't worry about Leeds -we've had our fun for a wee while and now there's just the taxman to sort out. How much do the Wendies owe ..25 ...30 million sterling? What the hell did they spend that on?

And getting that tosser Sean Bean to try and get this made into a Commons issue is pretty :o ...I dunno -might've been Def fcuking Leppard.:rolleyes:

jebus
16/08/2007, 12:55 PM
Oh I accept they got shafted alright, no doubt about it, it was one of the happier moments of last season. But the facts are, they've been in front of two judges at this stage, both of whom have thrown the cases out, they were relegated because they bottled it on the last day of the season against Wigan, and now they are trying to keep their names in the papers in the hope that football fans around Britain will still jump to their defence, but judging on Football365's headline of 'Sheff Utd to lose all dignity by suing West Ham' I think they are barking up the wrong bush on that count. Christ even you Leeds fans have taken your Ken Bates shaped punishment in better humour

drinkfeckarse
16/08/2007, 12:55 PM
Sheffield Utd have every right to feel shafted. The should be sueing the Premier League though. It's hardly West Hams fault that were not deducted points even though it has been now proven that Tevez was not their player and never was!

Lionel Ritchie
16/08/2007, 1:12 PM
Oh I accept they got shafted alright, no doubt about it, it was one of the happier moments of last season. But the facts are, they've been in front of two judges at this stage, both of whom have thrown the cases out, they were relegated because they bottled it on the last day of the season against Wigan, and now they are trying to keep their names in the papers in the hope that football fans around Britain will still jump to their defence, but judging on Football365's headline of 'Sheff Utd to lose all dignity by suing West Ham' I think they are barking up the wrong bush on that count. Christ even you Leeds fans have taken your Ken Bates shaped punishment in better humour

I acknowledge your faith in football365 but don't share it.

Worse teams than SheffU have avoided relegation ...possibly because their competitors didn't have the cheek to field players owned by some shady mafioso rather than the club themselves.

Leeds took their punishment more or less on the chin because it was more or less deserved for being feckless with other peoples money.

There's no natural justice in what happened to SheffU and they're right to pursue it as far they can.

Risteard
16/08/2007, 1:28 PM
There's no natural justice in what happened to SheffU and they're right to pursue it as far they can.

They needed to beat one of the Premierships poorest teams at home on the last day of the season to survive.
They didn't.

Now I think West Ham got away with it pretty much.
In fact I'd have relegated them and the three bottom teams, however Sheffield United are protesting at a lack of extraordinary interference in the league table.
Would they be calling for the same had West Ham finished 7th?

Lionel Ritchie
16/08/2007, 1:38 PM
They needed to beat one of the Premierships poorest teams at home on the last day of the season to survive.
They didn't.

Now I think West Ham got away with it pretty much.
In fact I'd have relegated them and the three bottom teams, however Sheffield United are protesting at a lack of extraordinary interference in the league table.
Would they be calling for the same had West Ham finished 7th?

Regardless of how many times Sky pundids bandy about terms like "cup final" the game against Wigan wasn't one and is not the bottom line on whether SheffU should be in the Prem or not. If West Ham had finished 7th a points deduction might'nt have made a material difference to the Blunts position either way (whoever missed out out on the Intertoto cup might've felt some bit vexed but hardly legatious about it) but as the situation was -a deserved points deduction for West Ham might've kept SheffU up.

Risteard
16/08/2007, 1:44 PM
Fair comment.
I think I'll go along with the above though ie, that they should just take their shafting.
Circumstances outside of their control, if just would have allowed them to survive.
However, that would have meant they survived on a technicality and didn't earn it.

DaveyCakes
16/08/2007, 1:50 PM
They aren't trying to get themselves reinstated in the Premier League. They're after compensation from West Ham.

Docboy
16/08/2007, 2:43 PM
For me this has everything to do with the fact that they weren't good enough to stay in the league, now they seem to have no shame in dragging their name through a civil case. Forget about it and try to go straight back up & take your revenge on the field.

Not much time for whingers.

Lionel Ritchie
16/08/2007, 3:44 PM
For me this has everything to do with the fact that they weren't good enough to stay in the league, now they seem to have no shame in dragging their name through a civil case. Forget about it and try to go straight back up & take your revenge on the field.

Not much time for whingers.

Again missing the point entirely.