PDA

View Full Version : Roy O'Donovan V Birmingham

shedite
16/08/2007, 8:17 AM
I didn't see anymore than the goals of last nights game, but for one of Birmingham's goals, Roy O'Donovan collided with the keeper, and held him down while the other striker knocked in the rebound. Good man Roy!

bellavistaman
16/08/2007, 8:25 AM
Was that O'Donovan?

see's it
16/08/2007, 8:30 AM
did you see the save Doyle deserved a free out after that save

mypost
16/08/2007, 9:36 AM
I take it he will be in the squad for the Irl-Ger game, now that he has made himself eligible for selection, by moving to Sunderland. :rolleyes:

passinginterest
16/08/2007, 9:43 AM
It was a stunning save by Doyle, it was hard to see who held him down, but Match of the Day said it was O'Donovan. It was sneaky, but in fairness to him I think most people would have tried the same thing in that situation. It should get the Sunderland fans on his side anyway. felt very sorry for Doyle, it really was a great save, after his mistakes at the weekend it was good to see him show his quality again.

bellavistaman
16/08/2007, 9:52 AM
did you see the save Doyle deserved a free out after that save

You dont get frees for good saves. Donovan was dead right as you said passinginterest.

Risteard
16/08/2007, 11:10 AM
Merge with here? (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=49946&page=12)

see's it
16/08/2007, 12:05 PM
its the same as diving roy was cheating

Ceirtlis
16/08/2007, 12:32 PM
O'Donovan did well, very sneaky. On the other hand if the ref had given a free out and Sunderland lost what was a clear goalscoring chance anyways i dont know that he would be getting too much praise.

bellavistaman
16/08/2007, 12:38 PM

bit harsh, wouldnt call it cheating as such, know where your coming from though, but dont think flash would have got up and got to the ball before it crossed the line.

see's it
16/08/2007, 1:44 PM
another thing Doyle is a monster of a man he should of been able to pick up roy and tip the ball over for a corner

shakermaker1982
16/08/2007, 3:10 PM
I've not seen this yet but have taped MOTD so will watch it tonight. Sounds like he's a crafty bugger!!

Armando
16/08/2007, 5:26 PM

Are you for real!

SligoBrewer
16/08/2007, 5:38 PM
roy was a scumbag there last night.. he held the keeper down for stern john to score the free header.

i am growing a stronger hatred for sunderland by the day

Jerry The Saint
16/08/2007, 5:54 PM
Are you for real!

Roy the Boy cheating! :eek: I am shocked and appalled. Who could ever have seen this coming:confused:

Big Roy must be a terrible influence on him.

reder
17/08/2007, 8:27 AM
I take it he will be in the squad for the Irl-Ger game, now that he has made himself eligible for selection, by moving to Sunderland. :rolleyes:

Hardly mypost. From what I saw of him in the highlights in that game, he is not good enough at the moment.

Id add Stokes to the list. Have watched him a few times now and he is definitely not an international class striker. Still have to see him score a goal.

I agree with SligoBrewer also, this whole Sunderland orish thing is really starting to get on my nerves. I saw a piece of Sly sports last night where they were in a put in Cark for the Spurs games with "Sunderland fans" from Cork. The sooner they fall to pieces the better. I suspect they actually are starting to believe that they are a big club. They are a shower of smalltime gits just like the barcodes.

shakermaker1982
17/08/2007, 11:24 AM
Why would you want a team full of Irish players to fail at Sunderland?

Is Roy Keane hated that much?

gustavo
17/08/2007, 11:25 AM
This thread should be in the National team forum as it's about an Irish player playing abroad

micls
17/08/2007, 11:34 AM
Hardly mypost. From what I saw of him in the highlights in that game, he is not good enough at the moment. .

And Alan Lee is :eek:

reder
17/08/2007, 1:02 PM
And Alan Lee is :eek:

At least he can put the ball in the net. Stokes struggled against Bohs at times.
It has got nothing to do with irish players, its simple, I want every team in the north east to fail. Couldnt care less about Keane etc. I do like quinn though. I thought he was very fair when he was an analyst on sly with the hairy monkey.

micls
17/08/2007, 1:04 PM
At least he can put the ball in the net. Stokes struggled against Bohs at times.
It has got nothing to do with irish players, its simple, I want every team in the north east to fail. Couldnt care less about Keane etc. I do like quinn though. I thought he was very fair when he was an analyst on sly with the hairy monkey.

Apologies that should have read Alan O Brien :o

Jerry The Saint
17/08/2007, 4:15 PM
Apologies that should have read Alan O Brien :o

Roy just has the wrong agent, that's all.

mypost
18/08/2007, 3:44 PM
Hardly mypost. From what I saw of him in the highlights in that game, he is not good enough at the moment.

It doesn't matter whether he's good enough or not, the fact he plays in England is enough. Because he plays there, in Staunton's eyes, he is now eligible for selection. Staunton only recognises English football, nothing else.

Lim till i die
20/08/2007, 7:17 PM
Staunton only recognises English football, nothing else.

Rubbish

I'll have you know Stan searches the globe for the very best (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=49333)

And just to clarify for everyone, yes O'Donovan is a cheat :ball: