PDA

View Full Version : McNally to be suspended against Bohs and the state of Drogheda's squad...

UCD_4_Life
07/04/2003, 6:45 PM
According to Soccercentral.

Meanwhile Bohs will be without Stephen Caffrey and John Lester.

Drogheda are gonna lose Fabio (Probably their best player), Brian Kelly, Danny O'Conner and Mark Quinless.

The Drogs are looking much stronger this season and a back four which includes Stephen Gray(Who just signed a new contract), Pat Scully and Gary Rogers shouldn't conceed as many goals as they did last season. Also if these lads from New Zealand turn out to be good then they will be looking a better side than last season. The lack of financial problems should also be a help.

pineapple stu
07/04/2003, 7:07 PM
McNally must be suspended for that ridiculous red card in United/O2 Park last season.

As for the New Zealanders, do yuo not remember the last lot that came over? Harry Ngata, somebody Batty - 5 of them played for Bohs under Turlough O'Connor, they were bottom half-way through the league, O'Connor was sacked and the New Zealanders all went back home!

UCD_4_Life
09/04/2003, 10:10 PM
According to one of my friends (and CM4) Lee Jones is quite a player.

He's coming in from FC Jokerit in Finland and has also spent time with Tampere United (Finland) and Kingz in Austrailia.

According to CM he's got 20 in crossing and heading, with 14 in dribbling.

pineapple stu
10/04/2003, 1:40 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life

According to CM he's got 20 in crossing and heading, with 14 in dribbling.

Yeah, but Mick O'Donnell's sh!te in CM! ;)

@ndy
10/04/2003, 3:28 PM
HOLY DEREK SWAN TONIGHT!!! I propose the opening of a special cm forum...so yis'll stop talkin about it in here

Aberdonian Stu
10/04/2003, 7:27 PM
Just to clarify something it wasn't Turlough O'Connor who brought over the New Zealanders. He had retired a the end of the previous season (his last game being a 2-0 win over UCD) and it was his successor who had apparently been based out there that brought them in.

I've forgtten who he was butb he didn't last past the first round of games and was duly replaced by Roddy.

pineapple stu
10/04/2003, 7:39 PM
Hmmm...you could be right - was Joe McGrath there for a little while? Think he was the New Zealand manager as well for a little bit too, which is where he got the connections.

Either way, the last of them lasted about two months into Roddy's reign...

Read on Ceefax p. 312 that Drogheda are after signing another two players - a former Aston Villa and a former Airdrie player. Bugger...

UCD_4_Life
10/04/2003, 8:23 PM
Is Basely one of them?

One of my friends was talking about them signing someone from the higher Divisions in England called Basely.

UCD_4_Life
10/04/2003, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Yeah, but Mick O'Donnell's sh!te in CM! ;)

I'll fix that. ;)

Aberdonian Stu
11/04/2003, 10:37 AM
I forgot the name at first but I am certain that Joe McGrath was the one who was fired, I was at O'Connor's last game along with Craddock and two of his mates (Nigel and Angus).