PDA

View Full Version : Long may start before long

tricky_colour
15/08/2007, 5:07 PM
He may start if Coppell goes 4-4-2 aLong side Doyle.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1092272,00.html

adamcarr
15/08/2007, 7:16 PM
He does start alongside Doyler up front.

Ceirtlis
15/08/2007, 7:17 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-eurosport-2.html

Live stream, Long has been booked.

tricky_colour
15/08/2007, 7:23 PM
Yes he won't be the first Irishman to score tonight though as Paul McShane has just put the ball in his own net apparently, Stephen Kelly might want to claim it though.

tricky_colour
15/08/2007, 7:32 PM
1:0 Reading Bikey sored assist by Doyle (I think), I have backed Reading at 6-1, so no doubt Chelsea will equalise soon and probably end up winning.

adamcarr
15/08/2007, 7:50 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-eurosport-2.html

Live stream, Long has been booked.

Cheers man!

tricky_colour
15/08/2007, 8:36 PM
Long was not on for long.:o

Subbed when they went down to 10 men 4-4-1 now I think.

paul_oshea
15/08/2007, 8:44 PM
i was looking for a stream ages ago!!

NeilMcD
15/08/2007, 11:21 PM
Useless player, give him a hurl and tell him to get lost. Name one serious team we have beaten with long in the team.

Dr. Ogba
16/08/2007, 8:30 AM
Am I one of the few here that doesn't rate Long? Have seen him play plenty of times now (for both Reading and Ireland) and really haven't seen anything in him to be excited about. Would still rate Stokes, Elliott and Murphy ahead of him in the pecking order...

Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him becoming a regular Premiership striker...

tetsujin1979
16/08/2007, 9:24 AM
Useless player, give him a hurl and tell him to get lost. Name one serious team we have beaten with long in the team.
Name one serious team we've played with Long in the team. Give him a chance.

paul_oshea
16/08/2007, 9:30 AM
i havent seen enough of him either, only through premiership and other stuff, he is very quick but i have to sorta agree with neil from what ive seen of him he hasn't done an awful lot to beleive this hype.

I think the hype around him is, that because he only seriouslly concentrated on football from 16 onwards and is only 20, that in 4 years he has come on leaps and bounds, that he WILL automatically improve again on that within 2 - 3 years. This might not necessarily be the case though.....we will wait and see, if he hasn't come on again by 22 then he will end up in the 1st division or so.

Ceirtlis
16/08/2007, 10:43 AM
i havent seen enough of him either, only through premiership and other stuff, he is very quick but i have to sorta agree with neil from what ive seen of him he hasn't done an awful lot to beleive this hype.

I think the hype around him is, that because he only seriouslly concentrated on football from 16 onwards and is only 20, that in 4 years he has come on leaps and bounds, that he WILL automatically improve again on that within 2 - 3 years. This might not necessarily be the case though.....we will wait and see, if he hasn't come on again by 22 then he will end up in the 1st division or so.

I personally think he will end up in the championship in a year or 2. He tries hard but any game i have seen him in he has struggled to impose himself and with Doyle, Lita, Kitson and the Korean fella ahead of him when fit at Reading i think he will struggle to get a game.

pete
16/08/2007, 11:16 AM
Longs development is probably been held back by lack of games.

Stokes & Stephen 'always injured' Elliot are no better. Murphy offers more than all of them.

magpies
16/08/2007, 11:54 AM

At the age of 20, he one of Ireland's most promising players, give the man some credit....

Stuttgart88
16/08/2007, 12:26 PM
I think Neil was trying to mimic some other posters. Check out his McShane comments too. I thought it was funny actually. Calm down Neil, count to 10...:)

youngirish
16/08/2007, 1:09 PM
Longs development is probably been held back by lack of games.

Stokes & Stephen 'always injured' Elliot are no better. Murphy offers more than all of them.
Murphy is absolute pants. All the aforementioned 3 are way better strikers than him. Against Spurs on Saturday he was rubbish, Stokes looked way better. Never looked like scoring. He's Championship level at best. At least the other 3 have youth on their side.

Of the others I think Stokes now looks the best prospect. Long hasn't improved much in the past year or so. He runs around like a headless chicken far too much.

NeilMcD
16/08/2007, 1:13 PM
I think Neil was trying to mimic some other posters. Check out his McShane comments too. I thought it was funny actually. Calm down Neil, count to 10...:)

1,2,3, whats next.

As usual Stuttgart you are spot on.

pete
16/08/2007, 1:55 PM
Murphy is absolute pants. All the aforementioned 3 are way better strikers than him. Against Spurs on Saturday he was rubbish, Stokes looked way better. Never looked like scoring. He's Championship level at best. At least the other 3 have youth on their side.

Of the others I think Stokes now looks the best prospect. Long hasn't improved much in the past year or so. He runs around like a headless chicken far too much.

I can't take your comments seriously when you think Stokes is better. You then criticise Long for running around like a headless chicken which is ironic.

:o

tetsujin1979
16/08/2007, 2:10 PM
Funny, I remember Murphy having Sunderland's best chance in the first half

Sligo Hornet
16/08/2007, 2:13 PM
Long may start before Long

I'm confused.......are they brothers?:confused:

youngirish
16/08/2007, 2:30 PM
Funny, I remember Murphy having Sunderland's best chance in the first half

An easy chance which he never looked like taking and subsequently missed. Any half decent forward would at the very least have forced Robinson to make a good stop and not pass it back to him.