PDA

View Full Version : Different stuff

LFC in Exile
07/04/2003, 3:55 PM
Do Limerick have the same kit this season? No gear changes?

Blueis Beautiful - is our Kilkenny bet on?

gael353
07/04/2003, 6:50 PM
I was talking to our commercial manager two weeks ago at the pike rovers thing. He says that the club will be submitting the use of three kits in the new season. The home kit will be the same, the green and black with homosexual blue crest out of the cheap hand me downs from the kosovan wars made in hungary jako kit will be decommisioned by the end of the season. A new third kit of all white with blue is being introduced.
I would at this time knowing that half the committee are reading this like to point out that i am opposed to the abolition of the second kit or introduction of a third kit as no effort was put in by either the committee nor jako in the making of the second (green) kit. in short they made a balls of it. what we the supporters asked for some two years ago now was the abolition of the club creast as it was a fr joe thing with its "commitment to excremint thing", we also asked it to be made in red similar to the citys rest...see www.limerickcity.ie the idea (mine) was to make a green and WHITE kit similar yet of better quality and distinctly Limerick fc then the gaa kits. it was my hope as it was of similar successful launches like Kildare county, Galway united, Finn Harps away, Longford town away, Cork city (red) Kerry and mayo leagues etc etc but somehow with a homosexual blue crest on a green cheap jersey it just didnt work. so now i have the world of Clare people saying to me "see it didnt work what kind of stupid idea was that or what" So let me reafirm... I wanted a second kit of a QUALITY GREEN JERSEY (SIMILAR TO THE HOME ONE) WITH A A NEW MORE LIMERICK RELATED CREST. WHITE SHORTS WITH GREEN OR GREEN/WHITE SOCKS
NO JAKO BLACK NO JAKO BLACK NO JAKO BLACK NO JAKO BLACK

LFC in Exile
09/04/2003, 4:04 PM
A blue kit with red badge?

Why don't you just change the name to Limerick Rangers altogether.

gael353
10/04/2003, 2:33 PM
we had it before in the early eighties! but if you really want to see a rangers kit look at shels away for this season.

JohnD
11/04/2003, 8:44 AM
Whats a homosexual blue badge anyway ???:confused:

sadloserkid
11/04/2003, 8:52 AM
Originally posted by JohnD
Whats a homosexual blue badge anyway ???:confused:

gael feels (and I agree) that the blue crest looks absolutely stupid on the green jersey. The reason that it looks stupid is that old fashion mantra - 'blue and green should never be seen'. What should have been done is there should have been a white edge to the crest or perhaps put a blue castle on a white crest or vice-versa. The green jersey looked cheap last year (as to if it was deliberately sabataged or not, I'll leave that to the conspiracy theorists) and that's why it didn't sell well, not because Limerick fans have a problem with a green jersey but because football fans the world over don't like ugly jersies. Simple no? :D

BTW I have nothing else to add! :D

JohnD
11/04/2003, 9:00 AM
Thats explains it so!!..I never liked the Green jersey anyway..too much like a GAA one. Best of luck in Sligo lads..cant make it myself. Lets get the season off to a good start.

Will go to Cobh game ..meeting rearranged so anyone wants a lift let me know:D

sadloserkid
11/04/2003, 9:03 AM
If you e-mail me a mobile number I'll txt you the result ok?