PDA

View Full Version : Longford (away) game last year and other thoughts...

Cav
07/04/2003, 4:45 PM
hey lads, i've only just discovered this message board. I started following UCD this year when I enrolled here. I was at the Boh's game in August (0-2) and then I managed to make another away game later in the season in Longford. I must say that was a classic night for a number of reasons!:

1) Longford had a practically full stand of supporters who huffed and puffed for 90 mins and all their team managed was 1 decent chance late on. Brilliant!

2) Longford were a team of long ball crapmasters and UCD were spraying the ball around and creating great chances throughout the whole game.

3) Myself and my brother were the only UCD supporters in the main stand. We avoided the rain but indured sharp looks from the locals for laughing at Longford's attempts to score/cross/pass etc...

4)The rival sets of fans on the otherside of the pitch. Heavily outnumbered the UCD contingent had us in stiches with their rhythmic comic chanting and general bantering. Fair play lads

5) The chant delivered to the Longford goalkeeper as he attempted another long ball punt upfield..."Are You Frodo in disguise?" and of course the sister chant "Frodo, Frodo where's your ring?"

6) The result! 2-0 and some great goals, the first one was a gem of a half-volley

7) The obviously senile PA announcer overseeing the half time raffle. The man makes Jimmy Magee sound like Hamlet! "It's a big ham here we have.......and you can win it here now."

Cheers lads, looking forward to the Skonto game tonight. I spotted some of their backroom staff in the Montrose last night and I made sure that they were familar with the phrase "Are you trinity in disguise???" The dodgy tracksuits and mullets said it all.

UCD_4_Life
07/04/2003, 6:06 PM
I'd like to go to Skonto tonight but I couldn't be bothered. :(

I really am getting too lazy for my own good.

pineapple stu
07/04/2003, 7:09 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I'd like to go to Skonto tonight but I couldn't be bothered. :(

Shame you can't go - there's a class programme tonight! I was at the Bohs-Skonto game with the intention of plagiarising it, but they only did a teamsheet, so I had to do some emergency hunting through uefa.com...

Course, after all that, I won't be there myself either!:mad: :mad:

John83
07/04/2003, 7:15 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Shame you can't go - there's a class programme tonight! I was at the Bohs-Skonto game with the intention of plagiarising it, but they only did a teamsheet, so I had to do some emergency hunting through uefa.com...

Course, after all that, I won't be there myself either!:mad: :mad:

Why not Kev?

pineapple stu
07/04/2003, 7:38 PM
I do First Aid on Mondays, and we have a big quiz night tonight amongst all the division. For which I have to supply the money, of course, owing it from ages ago.

I'm heading off now, actually. But by posting this post, I'm up to jont 58th in the posters list! And with @ndy firmly in my sights!;)

pineapple stu
07/04/2003, 7:39 PM
Oh, by the way, there were 100 Latvians at Dalymount, and they were absolutely mad - shouting like it was a cup final! I'd say it'll sound great in the AIB stand - it was quite impressive even when they were in the far, uncovered, stand at Dalyer!

pineapple stu
08/04/2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
I do First Aid on Mondays, and we have a big quiz night tonight amongst all the division.

And I won it as well! E75 for first place!

@ndy
08/04/2003, 2:47 PM
Nice one Cav, keep it up. We're meeting in the restaurant at about 5.30ish, grabbing some grub and then a pint next door in the bar before heading for the ten at 6.45ish. Pop along and you'll see us in our jerseys. If not, make sure to come over to us at the game, every voice is needed :>

@ndy
08/04/2003, 2:48 PM
Oh yeah,.,,.and kevin you spammer!!!

Aberdonian Stu
08/04/2003, 5:16 PM
Pinepple Stu referred to Euros as 'E' not pounds!!! What's the world coming to.

Macy
09/04/2003, 9:54 AM
He won 75 E's!?!

Good month.......

pineapple stu
10/04/2003, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Oh yeah,.,,.and kevin you spammer!!!

:confused: :confused:

Are you slagging my Skonto match programme with extensive stats section? :)

@ndy
10/04/2003, 3:18 PM
It is impossible for me to answer this without being hypocritical, so therefore, in true radiohead style, im going to admit that i know it happens, realise that i cannot do much about it other than not do it myself and choose to ignore it, and whine about it indirectly... ;)

pineapple stu
10/04/2003, 5:29 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Now I'm even more confused!