PDA

View Full Version : Red FM ad

mouldymurphy
07/04/2003, 11:49 AM
heard a funky add for the game next saturday on red fm last night. A bit shocked at the music and the voice was v funny i have to say

SÓC
07/04/2003, 11:53 AM
Heard an ad today on RTE Radio 1, it was a pretty cool one done by the Irish mirror.

Went along the lines of finally summer soccer is here, to celelbrate Wednesdays Mirror will have a 48page eL pull out (The PFAI Guide I think)

Did the FAI say they themselves were going to have a marketing "blitz" with ads featuring Crowe and Kerr?

Neil
07/04/2003, 11:57 AM
Official launch was today in Dalyer (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=9399&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes) and attended by Brian Kerr.

Troy.McClure
07/04/2003, 4:12 PM
eL Weekly is back on tv3 tonight with a preview of the season. Usual time I suppose, but I think that they are now repeating it at 4 on Tuesdays for school kids/lazy college students.

Colm
07/04/2003, 4:33 PM
Heard the ad for the game on Red FM this morning and I think it's the kind of ad that would make you sit up and take notice. Id say it will attract a few people to the game who otherwise would have no intention of going.

I can't remember the exact wording but twas something like this:
It's what all of Cork has been waiting for,
On Saturday April 12th Turners Cross will come alive,
as the Rebel Army go marching forward.
Pat Dolan's Cork City take on Dublins SuperSaints St. Patricks Ath,
be part of the great Cork Rebellion this Saturday at 5pm in Turners cross.

pete
07/04/2003, 5:08 PM
Don't know about any Red FM ad but i think its great TV3 have picked such a good game to kick off the summer season. This weeks CL games should be a good oppotunity for some plugs for saturdays game as well.

After showing a euro game or two RTE usually feel they have given their eL quota for a few months & first league game probably be shown in October or November.

Hopefully with the experience of doinga few live broadcasts TV3 may show some eL european games if playing soem decent opposition.

Colm
07/04/2003, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by pete
This weeks CL games should be a good oppotunity for some plugs for saturdays game as well. Thats what I was thinking too, hopefully they'll give it a good few plugs and maybe it might get one or two barstoolers to tune in on Sat.

patsh
07/04/2003, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
does anyone know what days of the week and what time trevor's big red bench is on red fm?
Saturday & Sunday, 6 - 7 pm.

Troy.McClure
07/04/2003, 8:06 PM
It just occured to me that Rico will probably be comentating at the X, should be a good oppertunity to roast him for not applying for the managers job :p

Rico's on the dole (where's your pay cheque gone?)

Oh Id rather have whale than have a tash!
(is that a bit cruel?) :confused: :o

Badweather Fan
09/04/2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Rico will probably be comentating at the X.
Rico's on the dole
Commentating is a job.
its not worth the effort of abusing him.

James
09/04/2003, 10:36 AM
Oh Id rather have whale than have a tash!
(is that a bit cruel?) :confused: :o

YES you're some ****** troy
and remember i know where u live boyo :D

Troy.McClure
10/04/2003, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by James
YES you're some ****** troy
and remember i know where u live boyo :D

Ya, but you still dont know my name! :D :D ;)

pete
10/04/2003, 3:13 PM
Ya, but you still dont know my name! :D :D ;)

Now now C***** i mean Troy...

:D :D

Troy.McClure
10/04/2003, 4:47 PM
:D

Its just James that cant have it ;)

God knows what that computer geek would do with my personal details:eek:

Gary
10/04/2003, 5:41 PM
Well i can exclusively reveal that RED fm have started a "tie up" contra deal with CCFC where Red FM will be supplying the Public Announcers on match day among other things.

Keep your eyes peeled for this saturdays SPECIAL GUEST announcer as a once off.

Just hope the fecking tannoy is improved somewhat beforehand.

mouldymurphy
10/04/2003, 5:55 PM
there anouncing it steve g according to the station

patsh
10/04/2003, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Keep your eyes peeled for this saturdays SPECIAL GUEST announcer as a once off.

I hope its not that ***** from America who "writes" in the Echo.

Colm
10/04/2003, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
there anouncing it steve g according to the station Ah boll0x, I thought twas going to be Charlie, although generally he works in London at the weekend so that rules him out.

Stevie G will be cool though, a lot better than Ken Tobin or Pat McAuliffe I'd imagine.

Troy.McClure
11/04/2003, 2:10 PM
Did they have Ken Tobin last year? I thought he was grand but maybe it was because he was going after McAuliffe, He was TERRIBLE!!!