PDA

View Full Version : Bottom of the table Decider?

passinginterest
14/08/2007, 1:11 PM
A huge game on Saturday week at home to Kilkenny. After a disappointing result at home to Kildare, then as could only be expected, defeat in Donegal, this game is now a huge one.

The big South East derby, with Kilkenny on a high after beating Limerick 37, has the added significance of planting the losers firmly to the bottom of the table. Both sides are, arguably, improving and this game could provide a big confidence booster, or be a soul destroyer.

A must win game for the boys of Wexford imo, and I think they'll show how much they've learned and raise their game for a victory.

2-0 to the mighty Youths. :D

Sunny Jim
14/08/2007, 1:41 PM
I think it's on Saturday week. I also think we'll win. We battered them in Buckley Park and I expect us to do the same again in Newcastle.

passinginterest
14/08/2007, 1:57 PM
I think it's on Saturday week. I also think we'll win. We battered them in Buckley Park and I expect us to do the same again in Newcastle.

Your right I've edited the original post. If Kilkenny get a good result against Cork in the cup they'll be flying, it's unlikely, but if they do I'd be worried.

sobersod
14/08/2007, 10:13 PM
think this will be a easy one for us,we kicked them off the park in both times we played them,and although these are flying high we'l win comfortably

3-0 to the Youths:D
Goals:Danny Furlong and Joey Wadding!:cool:

brokenstar
15/08/2007, 1:02 PM
I think Youths will be well up for this one. With the week off coming up, it'll give us plenty of time for some fine tuning in training and the lads will be fresh and bursting to get going again. 2 - 0 to the Youths! :D

kopite
15/08/2007, 5:30 PM
dunno lads,i don't think morale is as it should be.keep hearing a lot of bi###ing going on from family members of SOME players.every game i go to,be it senior or U21,i keep getting negative vibes,and these are from people who seem to be at most if not nearly all the games.i'm a fanatic[filled with abnormal enthusiasm],i know mick is choping and changing,but we took 4 points of the league leaders,have drawn games we should have won and most games lost we should have drawn.i think we'll beat kc,but the lads need to be spot on with atittude.if we could only win 3/4 games on the trot,we'd be in contention for uefa spot!!!!
havin a flag day for the next 2 games,bring a flag,any flag to the next 2 games,kilkenny/shels.we all have a wexford flag,i know its not club colours,but try this as something different,the players might respond.

KevB76
15/08/2007, 8:31 PM
dunno lads,i don't think morale is as it should be.keep hearing a lot of bi###ing going on.....every game i go to....,i keep getting negative vibes,and these are from people who seem to be at most if not nearly all the games.i'm a fanatic[filled with abnormal enthusiasm]....,but we took 4 points of the league leaders,have drawn games we should have won and most games lost we should have drawn.i think we'll beat (Douglas Hall),but the lads need to be spot on with atittude.if we could only win 3/4 games on the trot,we'd be in contention for uefa spot!!!!

Didnt you mean to post this on the L37 forum ? :D

sobersod
15/08/2007, 9:56 PM
Agree totally with ye kopite,
but I postive this isn't bottom of the table decider,because if either team wins they most likely will slip up again,
and same with Monaghon,Athlone,Kildare etc will without doubt have a bad run in the reamainder of the season,question is,

Can we catch up?:confused:

passerrby
20/08/2007, 3:09 PM
think your wrong sobersod both mons and athlone i think will finish with a florish while yourselfs and kildare may continue to slide

sobersod
20/08/2007, 10:16 PM
think your wrong sobersod both mons and athlone i think will finish with a florish while yourselfs and kildare may continue to slide
Disagree with ye mate,most likely athlone will,club is falling apart with the supporters breaking up,still don't know about you's tho but hey,
opinions are like ar*eholes ... everyone has one!
:D

passerrby
22/08/2007, 5:02 PM
Disagree with ye mate,most likely athlone will,club is falling apart with the supporters breaking up,still don't know about you's tho but hey,
opinions are like ar*eholes ... everyone has one!
:D

agree about trouble at mill in athlone but they still have an empressive team that so far have jelled this will come also the mons have added some great players in luke fitz,justin mc carthy and one or two others should make for a strong finish however i maybe wrong and it would not be the first time

sobersod
23/08/2007, 12:53 PM
agree about trouble at mill in athlone but they still have an empressive team that so far have jelled this will come also the mons have added some great players in luke fitz,justin mc carthy and one or two others should make for a strong finish however i maybe wrong and it would not be the first time
haha ye,
very good team athlone have,
well well just see what happins in November then we'll talk!
:cool:

passinginterest
26/08/2007, 11:31 AM
Great win last night lads. Anyone care to give a bit of a report?

Finally someone has more than 3 goals now too. Onwards and upwards. Premier division here we come :D

kopite
26/08/2007, 6:37 PM
scrappy first half,thought the game was going to be ruined by the ref and a certain linesman from rosslare[what a ****,that incident with the throw in,late in the first half,where he gave a throw to kc,when even the ref had to over rule him,the kc player clearly for all to see knocked the ball out]anyway i've already said too much about him.jr only had one save to make in the first half,we came close twice,but mostly long range efforts.the only real pressure they had was when we couldn't/didn't clear the ball out,kept trying to play our way out,when a big welly was needed.loughie was relatively quiet,sinny and patsy posed most of the threats,marty is startin to find the form he had at the start of the campaign[but he still has the touch of a donkey].gav doyle had 1 good effort,but his work rate is a bit suspect,ritchie fitz wasted a lot of possesion,but his pace caused them problems.the second half started much the same as the first,they got a lot of dubious frees,set plays were going to be their chance.the introduction of shane dempsey for kearney changed the game,his vision and superb passing opened up kc defence.then mick brought on kyle dempsey,we now had more pace added to attack.the first goal was great move,pure counter attack quality,sinny was involved in the build up,ball came in from the left,ritchie lays into sinnys path,well he truly buried it.the peno came from a thru ball from shane dempsey,fitz ran thru,beat off the cntr back,who then pushed him over,def peno.sinny duely buried it.we lost our rythem for while,but loughies runs were tearing them apart,kyle dempseys gaol,came from a ball over the top,he skinned the defence,pushed it past the goalie and slotted it home.great win,not the best performance in the world,but do you know what couldn't care less.

ForzaWexford
27/08/2007, 12:38 PM
Great result! Hopefully there'll be a few more before the end of the season + we can finish 7th/8th. Kildare County look very catchable and Athlone aren't exactly a million points in front of us either.