PDA

View Full Version : FAI cup 3rd round.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sam_Heggy
13/08/2007, 1:47 PM
Massive buzz around the North West coming into this weekend. Just wondering is there much excitement around the rest of the country?
Finn Park will be close to capacity for the second time in 2 weeks, and its all people can talk about in Ballybofey and Derry.
Derry fans even making videos on you-tube about the game.
http://www.youtube.com/v/4o1pSI071JU

jebus
13/08/2007, 1:48 PM
Even with our recent slump everyone expects us to get past Dougles Hall (even if they did spank Cobh last round :p) so I don't think the excitement levels down here are quite that high

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 1:51 PM
Even with our recent slump everyone expects us to get past Dougles Hall (even if they did spank Cobh last round :p) so I don't think the excitement levels down here are quite that high

Well if ye lose. Limerick section on foot.ie will be the place to be for top class entertainment outside of football.

There was actually few dundalk fans singing douglas hall at us the weekend, celbs up that part of town

jebus
13/08/2007, 1:53 PM
There was actually few dundalk fans singing douglas hall at us the weekend, celbs up that part of town

Since they've got about as much as our lot to sing about these days I'm not surprised

Flexy
13/08/2007, 1:55 PM
Massive buzz around the North West coming into this weekend. Just wondering is there much excitement around the rest of the country?
Finn Park will be close to capacity for the second time in 2 weeks, and its all people can talk about in Ballybofey and Derry.
Derry fans even making videos on you-tube about the game.
http://www.youtube.com/v/4o1pSI071JU
Cant believe this match isn't live on television. This match could have given the league so much publicity, but what do they do. Show Bray & Pats. While Finn Park will be jammed to the rafters, you probably wont get half the crowd at The Carlisle Grounds. No disrespect to Bray and Pats fans, but the atmosphere will be electric at Finn Park. Think RTE are taking the cheap option again and not wanting to send their cameras up NORTH.

razor
13/08/2007, 1:59 PM
Cant believe this match isn't live on television. This match could have given the league so much publicity, but what do they do. Show Bray & Pats.Waterford - Sligo on TG4 isn't it?

Danny
13/08/2007, 2:01 PM
bray v pats isnt on the telly
TG4 showing waterford and sligo....
no matter how much "buzz" there is about the match, and i dont like saying this cos i like the place, but finn park is a dump and not up to being on telly

micls
13/08/2007, 2:01 PM

Ditto for us except with Kilkenny City. I'm expecting the lowest crowd of the season anyway by a good bit

Sam_Heggy
13/08/2007, 2:08 PM
bray v pats isnt on the telly
TG4 showing waterford and sligo....
no matter how much "buzz" there is about the match, and i dont like saying this cos i like the place, but finn park is a dump and not up to being on telly

it wont look like a dump on saturday im pretty sure of that, with the amount of colour that will be on show, it will be a massive plus for LOI football. Derry have big plans for flags,banners etc and Harps fans are never shy when it comes to this game.
I know Pats, Bohs, Rovers, Shels, etc are big Derbies but personally I believe this is the most colourful and possibly the biggest derby in Ireland. If you watch or attend these games you would know why.

Flexy
13/08/2007, 2:12 PM
Waterford - Sligo on TG4 isn't it?
Thats even worse of a game. Wot a joke. Typical TG4

Sam_Heggy
13/08/2007, 2:12 PM
RTE dont have the rights for FAI cup until semi final and final stage.
TV3 only have rights to show highlights
TG4 are just knobs who ignored us against Galway in the first round (2 biggest gaeltacht areas in Ireland) and now this game (which lets be honest is the game of the round) truely shocking and no wonder LOI clubs find it hard to attract new fans.
surely tv stations should look at a game and say that game would get us good ratings. Show Dublin Derbies, North west derbies, top of the table clashes, bottom of the table clashes, etc.
rant over, and relax :cool:

oh and I think TG4 stores alot of their equipment around waterford, might explain the choice of venue

Dodge
13/08/2007, 2:16 PM
Any TV station can show any game they like.

Mid table prem v mid table first is only attractive in the north west.

superfrank
13/08/2007, 2:17 PM
TG4 are based enitirely in the Galway Gaeltacht.

Sam_Heggy
13/08/2007, 2:19 PM

3rd in the first div, won 11 drew 2 of last 13, and only 2 points off 2nd place. I bet you would watch the game if it was on tv :cool:

Dodge
13/08/2007, 2:20 PM
I bet I wouldn't... Wouldn't watch Sligo v Waterford either

Flexy
13/08/2007, 2:21 PM

The way Pats are going they will be MId Table by end of season, and as always win nought. If you can find a bigger crowd than will appear at the Derry Finn Harps match this weekend then I'll take it all back, but cant see any other match that will attract a larger crowd, so why shouldnt it be televised. You have the most inform team apart from Drogs in both leagues, and the current cup holders away to their local rivals. So why shouldn't it be televised.

finnpark
13/08/2007, 2:28 PM
Nothing surprises when it comes to TG4. Their production team obviously don't have a clue about the EI.

The 2 presenters were behind Sunderland in the 3 games. 1st half against Bohs they wree making excuses for Sunderland saying that they would knock in many goals in 2nd half. Same story in Cork. And then against Galway they pretended that Sunderland were amazing just for beating a side that didnt win a home game all season in a semi pro league. Also, the roy keane jokes were so unprofessional it was surreal.

Dodge
13/08/2007, 2:30 PM
So why shouldn't it be televised.
Because Derry are ****e and Harps are in the first division. When TV companies barely (and begrudgingly) show the top teams in the Premier division, do you honestly think they should show a team from the lower division? You're blinded by the fact its your team, but do you honestly think many nuetrals would watch Bohs v Cobh (despite both teams being ahead of Derry/Harps in their respective divisions)?

And me being a Pats fan has nothing to do with it as I don't think our game should be on either. As for your "as always win nought" comment...

razor
13/08/2007, 2:33 PM
I bet I wouldn't... Wouldn't watch Sligo v Waterford eitherIt certainly won't matter to me who is on the box on Friday night, i'll be in the Shed for the return of Gloria.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 2:43 PM
have to say i agree with dodge on all posts, only obviously id watch rams bohs, well id be there so id tape it. But it seriously isnt that big a tie to those of us down south from ye. But can see where your coming from alrite, usual supporter wearing blinkers talk

The Lilywhites
13/08/2007, 2:47 PM
finn park is a dump and not up to being on telly

And the RSC is?? :confused:

This is a joke. Waterford v Sligo FFS :(...it's very easy to see what the televised game should be, and that's Finn Harps v Derry...by a mile!

micls
13/08/2007, 2:50 PM
There wasn't a lot to chose from but I would be more likely to tune in to Harps v Derry just for the derby aspect.

Saying that Il be at the cross anyway.

Cant see many watching Sacar Beo this Friday

razor
13/08/2007, 2:52 PM
There wasn't a lot to chose from but I would be more likely to tune in to Harps v Derry just for the derby aspect.While the derby game would seem more appealing, Sligo are playing some lovely football of late and it should be a good battle.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 2:54 PM
Sligo look good at the moment alrite. televised EL football for me is always ****e!

NeilMcD
13/08/2007, 3:29 PM
What about the true Northside Footbal derby Malahide V Bohemians.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 3:33 PM
What about the true Northside Footbal derby Malahide V Bohemians.

Would actually watch that for some strange reason. Fancy malahide to get a draw or something, could be dirty game too.

Finlay Harp
13/08/2007, 4:32 PM
For what its worth and living in County Down I think the league and TV companies show a certain degree of bias to clubs north of Dublin. Ok Sligo have got a look in TV wise recently but that was not always the case. Harps v Derry on its day is a massive game and I think TG4 have slipped up in this case.

OneRedArmy
13/08/2007, 4:35 PM
like the hole under dog thing.Talking out of its arse presumably?

NavanBohs
13/08/2007, 4:48 PM
possibly the biggest derby in Ireland.

Sorry buddy but nobody even comes NEAR a Rovers-Bohs derby to be fair

fbtn
13/08/2007, 5:10 PM
Talking out of its arse presumably?

Fnar fnar fnar! :D

kev mcq
13/08/2007, 5:15 PM
have to say i agree with dodge on all posts, only obviously id watch rams bohs, well id be there so id tape it. But it seriously isnt that big a tie to those of us down south from ye. But can see where your coming from alrite, usual supporter wearing blinkers talk

Wow, Sam Heggy was right in the other thread, you really are hilarious:D

Burny89
13/08/2007, 5:17 PM
Whatever the reasons for it, this game and finn park packed to the rafters would have been a great advert for the league and cup as a whole

SligoBrewer
13/08/2007, 6:49 PM
ill be watchin rovers from spain on friday..

thanks tg4!

Brendan
13/08/2007, 8:28 PM
harps v derry is definitely one i would watch and of the ties on offer probably the only one.

superfrank
13/08/2007, 9:12 PM
Anyone remember the days when they didn't show any of the cup matches on telly except the semis and the final?

Burny89
13/08/2007, 10:11 PM
Sure do but that doesn't mean they should just stick a match on for the hell of it!

No argument, it should be Harps and Derry on Tv this weekend

cheifo
13/08/2007, 11:37 PM
Its common sense now in fairness.A packed colourful local derby is of more
interest to most neutrals.Its a no brainer.I cant help thinking some of you are being a little awkward for the sake of it.

Burny89
14/08/2007, 12:02 AM
I cant help thinking some of you are being a little awkward for the sake of it.

well said sir!!!

fbtn
14/08/2007, 12:16 AM
Any of the derbies would really interest me on the TV - especially in the Cup, whether it be Rovers V Bohs, Drogs V Dundalk or whoever.

If a LOI derby Cup game on TV doesn't interest a LOI fan then we're all in bother. How the Jeesis will we ever attract other people to the league if some of 'our own' don't care.

Oh, and don't mind Dodge. He normally has nothing substantial to add to any debate so he just throws something controversial in to get noticed. ;)

btid1
14/08/2007, 9:10 AM
Any of the derbies would really interest me on the TV - especially in the Cup, whether it be Rovers V Bohs, Drogs V Dundalk or whoever.

If a LOI derby Cup game on TV doesn't interest a LOI fan then we're all in bother. How the Jeesis will we ever attract other people to the league if some of 'our own' don't care.

Oh, and don't mind Dodge. He normally has nothing substantial to add to any debate so he just throws something controversial in to get noticed. ;)

Agree 100% with fbtn.

I would most certainly have far more interest in seeing Harps V Derry than anyother 3rd round tie and I will be watching a game on TV Friday night as we dont play until Sunday.

Say what you like big crowds on TV look good and Im sure thats what Finn Park will get on Friday night.Its a pity TG4 went for the easy option logistically.

sligored
14/08/2007, 10:19 AM
finn harps the form team at the moment- get a grip - first division beating monaghan kilkenny etc - gulf in class and derry will beat ye up a stick.
sligo are the form team in ireland at present - tg4 realise this.

bellavistaman
14/08/2007, 10:27 AM
finn harps the form team at the moment- get a grip - first division beating monaghan kilkenny etc - gulf in class and derry will beat ye up a stick.

Fancy harps to beat derry actually. :eek:.Monaghan and kilkenny are tricky teams- ask Dundalk and Limerick:rolleyes:

Sam_Heggy
14/08/2007, 10:42 AM

How did sligo fair out in Finn park this year? :cool:

gustavo
14/08/2007, 10:45 AM
How did sligo fair out in Finn park this year? :cool:

He said form team not best team:)

bellavistaman
14/08/2007, 10:46 AM
Were unbeaten in 22 league games, not bad like.

Sam_Heggy
14/08/2007, 10:47 AM
Were unbeaten in 22 league games, not bad like.

how many draws?

bellavistaman
14/08/2007, 10:51 AM
how many draws?

Doesnt matter!But Too many though, wexford and kilkenny should not happen like.

were all being so arrogant its unreal by the way.:)

How bad, we never had a oppurtunity in a long time, although few years back we did once boast worst discipline record, so we were top of one table at least.

cheifo
14/08/2007, 10:58 AM
As a Harps fan I am delighted with our form but I have no problem in saying Cobhs run is quite incredible.

bellavistaman
14/08/2007, 11:05 AM
As a Harps fan I am delighted with our form but I have no problem in saying Cobhs run is quite incredible.

Likewise with ye, after yere start ye should be no where near us, until ye overtake dundalk yere their problem, but christ yere makin the league way too much for me anyway.

Rory H
14/08/2007, 11:23 AM
i suppose we are the flavour of the month so maybe thats why its being shown. but it doesnt matter how bad Finn Park is, it should be that game. The RSC is hardly a million times better and even if Finn Park is a kip it will be a kip with thousands of fans and a great atmosphere so TG4 have let themselves down

But the camera loves us at the end of the day:p