PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 1B 2007/08

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

da General
13/08/2007, 1:44 PM
anyone like to talk about 1b and the season ahead ? and how teams are preparing for the new season...

shanman2
13/08/2007, 2:26 PM
anyone like to talk about 1b and the season ahead ? and how teams are preparing for the new season...

Which county?????:p

da General
13/08/2007, 3:04 PM
limerick...division 1b

shanman2
13/08/2007, 3:28 PM
limerick...division 1b

Park should win that dermot finnan is back at the helm... What other teams are strong.

ParkLife
13/08/2007, 3:39 PM
shanman..you hear anything on the Wesley Web..when is it going to be played.Or will it be scrapped?? As regards Park winning 1B,I wouldn't be so sure.Looking at Park the other night,they have a very small team, physically. No disrespect but teams in 1B will be relying more on physical presence as opposed to skill,don't think alot of the Park lads will like that.

da General
13/08/2007, 10:27 PM
ya i heard dermot is back in charge at park has he got any new players? also heard he got one or two players just out of minor

larrywhite
14/08/2007, 9:54 AM
Fixtures on the Star this morning:

Sunday 19th August 10.30

Murroe v Abbey
St.Patricks v Fairview
Prospect v Croom
Knockainey v Coonagh
Park v Shelbourne

Wednesday August 22nd 7.00

Pike v St.Patricks
Fairview v Murroe

Thursday August 23rd 7.00

Abbey v Holycross
Croom v Knockainey
Shelbourne v Prospect
Coonagh v Park

shanman2
14/08/2007, 10:38 AM
ya i heard dermot is back in charge at park has he got any new players? also heard he got one or two players just out of minor

Yes is the simple answer no need to go into detail on individuals.. I would say maybe one minor? Parklife might clarify that. Dont really know what their starting 11 is like. Think they were giving fellas a chance in the Wesley Webb.:ball:

ParkLife
14/08/2007, 12:57 PM
I couldn't tell you what the starting 11 will be,no one knows,not even Dermot Finnan.There's been 2 training sessions with him since he took over.He doesn't know half the players he's got,he's relying on some of the older lads to tell him.He didn't pick any of the players for that game in the Wesley Webb.It'll be interesting to see who shows up on sunday morning. Do any of ye know who the stronger teams will be in this division? Who missed out on promotion,who are hard to play against away from home.any details?

shanman2
14/08/2007, 1:11 PM
I couldn't tell you what the starting 11 will be,no one knows,not even Dermot Finnan.There's been 2 training sessions with him since he took over.He doesn't know half the players he's got,he's relying on some of the older lads to tell him.He didn't pick any of the players for that game in the Wesley Webb.It'll be interesting to see who shows up on sunday morning. Do any of ye know who the stronger teams will be in this division? Who missed out on promotion,who are hard to play against away from home.any details?

That doesn't sound very good!! Do you play or are you a clubman? Mc Keogh said that peter and anto have been training the A team because Dermot Finnan has been away on holidays?? :ball::ball:

ParkLife
14/08/2007, 1:38 PM
I'm a bit of both,played last year,disaster,I'll train this year and see how it goes.As regards training..Anto trained us one week,Finnan one week and Webb one week.That's it,the rest of the time either no training or we just had a kickabout.That's my worry..starting the season on Sunday and no one match fit.

riverside
14/08/2007, 2:31 PM
I'm a bit of both,played last year,disaster,I'll train this year and see how it goes.As regards training..Anto trained us one week,Finnan one week and Webb one week.That's it,the rest of the time either no training or we just had a kickabout.That's my worry..starting the season on Sunday and no one match fit.

Me thinks you have missed a few of Dermots Sessions, he had taken a few more. The postponement of the Wesley Webb is a pity,there would have been at least one more game and possibly two which would have been a great help. The tournament is not cancelled yet but postponed with the hope of getting it on later

ParkLife
14/08/2007, 3:16 PM
I might have missed one or two earlier on in the year,when he first took over. It still has to be a worry that there's only been one match before the start of the season.I know a lot of the lads are pretty fit but match fit is a different story.

Andyryan24
14/08/2007, 3:49 PM
Fixtures on the Star this morning:

Sunday 19th August 10.30

Murroe v Abbey
St.Patricks v Fairview
Prospect v Croom
Knockainey v Coonagh
Park v Shelbourne

Wednesday August 22nd 7.00

Pike v St.Patricks
Fairview v Murroe

Thursday August 23rd 7.00

Abbey v Holycross
Croom v Knockainey
Shelbourne v Prospect
Coonagh v Park
Any predictions for the coming fixtures this weekend??? From what i've seen pre-season Shels are a very handy side. Well able to play the ball.... Fairview didn't look anything too handy, but then again it's early days...

old git
14/08/2007, 3:49 PM
Me thinks you have missed a few of Dermots Sessions, he had taken a few more. The postponement of the Wesley Webb is a pity,there would have been at least one more game and possibly two which would have been a great help. The tournament is not cancelled yet but postponed with the hope of getting it on later

had all weekend to play and this week .. what are they waiting on !! i know they want to look after their pitch but they could still try and fit in games even 1 a night or every 2nd night !!:ball:

larrywhite
14/08/2007, 3:57 PM
Any predictions for the coming fixtures this weekend??? From what i've seen pre-season Shels are a very handy side. Well able to play the ball.... Fairview didn't look anything too handy, but then again it's early days...

Bit too early for predictions for me. Havent a clue what anyone is like so will need a few weeks to see who looks good and who doesnt.

shanman2
15/08/2007, 12:22 PM
had all weekend to play and this week .. what are they waiting on !! i know they want to look after their pitch but they could still try and fit in games even 1 a night or every 2nd night !!:ball:

The pitches are just too bad, no point destroying them for the sake of a couple games. So by the sounds of things most people in limerick are saying Shels and Holycross for promotion??:ball::ball:

Andyryan24
15/08/2007, 2:12 PM
The pitches are just too bad, no point destroying them for the sake of a couple games. So by the sounds of things most people in limerick are saying Shels and Holycross for promotion??:ball::ball:

I think shels lookin good so far they were very unlucky against star in the patsy collopy fri nite, but from what i was told today holycross not great at all.... Caherconlish beat them fairly handy the other nite... they seem to have lost a few players. Prospect were unlucky last season so they should be in with a shout too....

larrywhite
15/08/2007, 2:52 PM

There was an awful lot of surface water at training last night. You could very easily ruin a pitch in this weather. Bit ridiculous for this time of year though...you would be expecting rock hard ground.:rolleyes:

Andyryan24
15/08/2007, 3:30 PM
There was an awful lot of surface water at training last night. You could very easily ruin a pitch in this weather. Bit ridiculous for this time of year though...you would be expecting rock hard ground.:rolleyes:

Played Dines last nite in rathuard and the pitch was getn some doin...Its prob in an awful state at this stage....2 games one after another is alot in that rain

brutus
15/08/2007, 3:50 PM

Maybe when teams are training they should stay off the pitches because in this weather their just going to get worse.pitchs wont hold in these conditions,most clubs should have a small bit of a training ground to keep off the pitchs,if they dont have a bit of an area for training,they should find the local astro turf.imo

larrywhite
15/08/2007, 3:56 PM
We dont train on our pitch but ehere we do train next to the pitch was even worse than the pitch as there is more grass to hold the water. We were due to play a friendly last night but that had to be cancelled for another reason. I dont think a ref would have played it anyway. Due to play another one tomorrow so hopefully it has dried up a bit today.

KevB76
15/08/2007, 4:28 PM
Caherconlish beat them fairly handy the other nite...

Actually it was a 4 - 4 draw.
But Holycross should expect to be beating them easily so like you say its not looking good for them.

mulla
15/08/2007, 5:33 PM
Played Dines last nite in rathuard and the pitch was getn some doin...Its prob in an awful state at this stage....2 games one after another is alot in that rain

who won?

3 Heroes
15/08/2007, 5:45 PM
Actually it was a 4 - 4 draw.
But Holycross should expect to be beating them easily so like you say its not looking good for them.

You sure, the Cross drew 4-4 with a Coonagh Select XI the other night, maybe you meant that???

KevB76
15/08/2007, 6:49 PM
You sure, the Cross drew 4-4 with a Coonagh Select XI the other night, maybe you meant that???

Caherconlish v Holycross was definitely 4-4 as well, my brother was there. But now I think of it maybe it was Holycross B team (out of div 4) that would make more sense. Holycross did well in the Herbertstown tournament a couple of weeks ago, they made the final only losing by a goal to Bruff.

da General
15/08/2007, 7:25 PM
pike B won division 2B last year lost a few players this but still a good team who like playing football, but fitness will be there downfall a few of them dont like training....

Final Frontier
16/08/2007, 8:13 AM
I hear that Coonagh have a new manager and have a strong Panel for this division......Id expect them and my old team Prospect to be challenging...

Is it true Coonagh beat the premier team Carew Park 2-1...good result....

:cool:

see's it
16/08/2007, 8:32 AM
did coonagh get new players that makes you think they will be challenging?

larrywhite
16/08/2007, 10:23 AM
Coonagh have brought up 6 or 7 of last seasons B team to the As. Only one new player from outside the club.

see's it
16/08/2007, 10:57 AM
so the B team could struggle?

larrywhite
16/08/2007, 11:34 AM
They should be fine. Picked up a few players themselves.

shanman2
16/08/2007, 12:27 PM
I hear that Coonagh have a new manager and have a strong Panel for this division......Id expect them and my old team Prospect to be challenging...

Is it true Coonagh beat the premier team Carew Park 2-1...good result....

:cool:

Just a tad biased:D

Andyryan24
16/08/2007, 1:25 PM
who won?

We fell apart lot missin but they won 3 nil, handy side but not that impressed.....

larrywhite
19/08/2007, 4:50 PM
Results:

Holycross 0 - 6 Pike B
Murroe 1 - 1 Abbey
Park 2 - 0 Shelbourne
Knockainey 0 - 2 Coonagh

shanman2
20/08/2007, 8:41 AM
Results:

Holycross 0 - 6 Pike B
Murroe 1 - 1 Abbey
Park 2 - 0 Shelbourne
Knockainey 0 - 2 Coonagh

Was at the Park game, good young side, for the first game together it was a good display they defended deep but very well. Shels very physical side some of the tackles werent for the faint hearted, any other reports???

old git
20/08/2007, 10:54 AM
Was at the Park game, good young side, for the first game together it was a good display they defended deep but very well. Shels very physical side some of the tackles werent for the faint hearted, any other reports???

park played some nice football .. shels had a few mad tackles but were not very physical.. park defended to deep & looked nervous at times at back never heard a word out of their 2 centre halfs all match to quiet.. but still a good result in the end should have been 3-0 as jason o donnell put one over the bar from 3 yards out still don't know how he missed it :ball:

riverside
20/08/2007, 11:29 AM
park played some nice football .. shels had a few mad tackles but were not very physical.. park defended to deep & looked nervous at times at back never heard a word out of their 2 centre halfs all match to quiet.. but still a good result in the end should have been 3-0 as jason o donnell put one over the bar from 3 yards out still don't know how he missed it :ball:

It bobbled on the bad surface;)

shanman2
20/08/2007, 11:52 AM

I thought it was a good physical game, centre backs are very quite they need to communicate more they looked a bit messy sometimes, i think they were told to play that way (defend deep), shels barely had a chance worth mentioning in fairness to park. Miss of the century out of JOD you have to laugh unbelievable miss.

shanman2
20/08/2007, 12:17 PM
what was the team.. did many of the new guys start..and play well

1: Tierney good hands NEW
2: Mc Keogh OK
3: BJ Ok NEW
4: Finbarr Neville OK NEW
5: Walton OK NEW
6: Dunne OK KINDA NEW
7: Woods OK NEW
8: Egis OK NEW
9: Hannam OK NEW
10: Murph OK
11: Farrell v.w NEW

old git
20/08/2007, 12:17 PM
It bobbled on the bad surface;)

yeah right.. jason bobbled more like it :D

old git
20/08/2007, 12:21 PM
1: Tierney good hands NEW
2: Mc Keogh OK
3: BJ Ok NEW
4: Finbarr Neville OK NEW
5: Walton OK NEW
6: Dunne OK KINDA NEW
7: Woods OK NEW
8: Egis OK NEW
9: Hannam OK NEW
10: Murph OK
11: Farrell v.w NEW

tierney, very quiet in goals but looked safe enough just needs to concetrate on game more .. seems to take more than 6 seconds everytime he has ball .... bj looked shaky at left back and as already said centre halfs way to quiet.. but not a bad team performance overall :D

shanman2
20/08/2007, 12:28 PM
tierney, very quiet in goals but looked safe enough just needs to concetrate on game more .. seems to take more than 6 seconds everytime he has ball .... bj looked shaky at left back and as already said centre halfs way to quiet.. but not a bad team performance overall :D

Ya thats a fair enough assesment of their team at the moment... well i think park have more to come in most notabley absent were quirke and macky, think ryano is signing also but who is to know what he will do he could go back into town..:ball:

riverside
20/08/2007, 1:45 PM
yeah right.. jason bobbled more like it :D

He is more of a dribbler than a bobbler:rolleyes:

riverside
20/08/2007, 1:47 PM
Ya thats a fair enough assesment of their team at the moment... well i think park have more to come in most notabley absent were quirke and macky, think ryano is signing also but who is to know what he will do he could go back into town..:ball:

Shane McCarthy will be back in two weeks as well and will help the cause, wouldnt bank on Ryano though.

brutus
21/08/2007, 10:16 AM
Shane McCarthy will be back in two weeks as well and will help the cause, wouldnt bank on Ryano though.

Is shane McCarthy definetely signing with park because he is in the states and i dont think anyone has being talking to him,if he does sign he will get park alot of goals in this division.:ball:

riverside
21/08/2007, 12:14 PM
he's park true and true wud never leave

Well said Hacker

shanman2
21/08/2007, 12:42 PM
Well said Hacker

Big question is will the people involved be able to put up with his lip and constant arguing???:ball::ball:
When is your next game?

riverside
21/08/2007, 2:43 PM
Big question is will the people involved be able to put up with his lip and constant arguing???:ball::ball:
When is your next game?

Thurs night v Coonagh in Coonagh and home on Sat. at 6.45 to Pike b two tough ones. Shane gets a little frustrated at himself and poor refs at times but nothing malicious there so he will be fine

brutus
22/08/2007, 9:40 AM
tell me a team that doesn't have 1 or 2 of these type players

Great point hacker every team has 1 or 2 of these players,its all part of the game.:ball: