PDA

View Full Version : Roddy job rumour

pete
30/07/2001, 5:19 PM
Apparently Roddy Collins is a hot favourite to sign for Carusle as they're new manager tomorrow.

Carisle United (http://carlisleunited.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=952&p=2&stid=8153844)

Carisle seem to be in a bad way with only 11 professional players signed for the new season so its going to take more than a big mouth for Roddy to pull that one off.....

Gerry Desmond
31/07/2001, 10:22 AM
Heard this morning that he was appointed 'first team coach' at CUFC. Not sure if that means he's the boss...?
Gerry

joe
31/07/2001, 10:25 AM
apparently it's on a 'non-contract basis'.

also i see they're playing in Swansea on December 15th - how much is day return with cork-swansea ferries?

pete
31/07/2001, 11:23 AM
Apparently Roddy will be working with the now caretaker boss of Carlisle but Roddy may be picking the teams. If he impresses then he'll be getting a contract and we all know what he thinks of long term contracts.

Carlisle are in a bad way at the moment so he has a fair old challenge there! Would be good though I suppose for an irish eL manager to make it in the UK?

Pauro 76
07/08/2001, 1:59 PM
I think Roddy will do a decent job, good characters will always go far in management. its always good seeing Irish managers do well, Ron Atkinson has already tipped Carlisle for the drop, ah but still what does he know anyway!