PDA

View Full Version : Ground Developments?

pete
07/06/2001, 10:43 AM
Any news/rumours of any work being done to the ground over the summer?

Whatever happened to the roof over the Derrynane end? I remember seeing the notice outside the ground & about 5 blocks were added to the wall to cap the top.....

Any plans to put in pace a proper (i.e safe) PA system? I'm surprised the current one hasn't been inspected by the Corpo....

Floodlights? Did the club actually get a grant for this or is that just a rumour? Have they applied for planning permission? Will non-winter football be an excuse not to install them?

A face
07/06/2001, 10:55 AM
Whatever happened to the roof over the Derrynane end? I remember seeing the notice outside the ground & about 5 blocks were added to the wall to cap the top.....

I heard the planning permission ran out !!!

The PA system has been batted about a bit ... dont know if there is any head way. But the MFA should foot some of the bill for it.

joe
08/06/2001, 8:46 AM
I heard the planning permission had run out as well, though there was a planning notice up on the wall near the Horseshoe at the end of last season.

Re: the PA system I know that it's high on the agenda with the lads involved in City Lotto so I assume once enough money has been raised through that venture we should see (or rather hear!) some improvement there.

Éanna
08/06/2001, 9:39 AM
I remember hearing about the costs of a decent PA system, because I raised it at one of the meetings. I've always thought that-besides safety- it would be great for athmosphere etc., It is actually surprisingly expensive. I can't remember the figures, but it was a lot more than I expected.

A face
08/06/2001, 9:31 PM
I was going to mention it but agin it costs a pretty penny, the lotto money it maxed to the last from what i can see, and it could take a bit more time, but it is good to see that the money is going that way, it is also good to see Bernie with the numbers here as well. If i could throw my tupence in here as well,.

Bernie is it possible to have a calander of where the draws take place as well?, just to make it easier to get to them, an auld beer on monday night never goes astray.

Neil
08/06/2001, 11:16 PM
I heard £10,000 mentioned as the cost a PA system, a lot of money alright, but it would be well worth it. It would all tie in with making match-day at Turners Cross more of an occasion... music, draws, penalty shoot-outs... all helped along by a loud DJ-type. I think they have it at St. Pats, where the PA guy shouts out the team line-ups and builds the crowd up when the teams arrive out etc.

Pablo
10/06/2001, 11:07 AM
ah lads c'mo. there are major developments going on as we speak. The railings in the new stand are being painted whiter the ever b4. a second big yellow line is being painted down the middle of the shed and some bog roll holders have been put in the jacks. What a club!:)

A face
12/02/2004, 11:24 PM
Up ya come there big feller !!

Hows about this lads, few changes since then !!

Jerry
13/02/2004, 4:42 AM
i'd say Pat Dolan has plans to improve the ground...they involve bringing a large piece of silverware down in November:D

Bernie
14/02/2004, 8:12 AM
Regarding some of the questions asked about the lotto.

Having a list of upcoming venues is being worked on at the moment. Its always likely to be changed from time to time but you'll always have a weeks notice so keep an eye on Citynet for the results and upcoming venues. It's Ma Dulleas, Tower St. on Monday 16th Feb.

The PA at the cross is an issue that crops up quite regularly and the powers that be know it requires upgrading not only from the point of view of adding to the matchday experience but the Licensing process require certain standards also.

On the plus side, apparently Matchday partners RedFM are to contribute to improvements for this coming season.

piratemousey
16/02/2004, 12:47 PM
you see chaps?
once again the club is failing in connecting with the fans. We hanvt a clue whats going on, and theyre not letting us know the score in the slightest,
wouldnt you all here agree that for the most part we rely on information from a source or club insider, which in my opinion is AUL standards really.
I wish the club would for once try and do something as regards to information and give us something for once instead of it being leaked out all the time.

tiktok
16/02/2004, 12:59 PM
The passage of Information from the club has always been a problem. I think it's fair to say that the Matchday Mag has improved pour lot in this regard, but I take your point that it leaves us lacking during the off season.

Bernie's suggestion to keep an eye on www.eirways.com/citynet would seem to suggest that they're starting to pass info through John's website in a more 'official source' capacity. Neither Lennox nor Dolan seem to be net-friendly which is to our loss.

In this case however, the club may not want to reveal where it failed in the application until the results of the appeal are announced. I think we all know where the problems lie though.

piratemousey
16/02/2004, 1:07 PM
i agree there tiktok the match day magazine shure has helped.

jofyisgod
16/02/2004, 5:19 PM
I'd say that alot of the work is meianl stuff, like the jacks. Thing is, i guess that most of us would prefer to see something nice and visble done, like the roof on St.Annes, etc. Just wait and see i suppose.