PDA

View Full Version : Athlone 1 - 2 Limerick

BlueisBeautiful
06/04/2003, 5:25 PM
Anybody know the Limerick lineup and how they played overall?

deise deserter
06/04/2003, 6:46 PM
Great news - unfortunately couldn't make the game today. Great for Mike to get off to a good start as well.

deise deserter
06/04/2003, 6:52 PM
This was posted on the Athlone section - doesn't tell much but once again we have gone a game without a goal from open play.

AFCONLine posted this:

Athlone Town 1 - 2 Limerick FC
Limerick were totally on top for the first half. First goal came from a corner, nobody was marking the scorer, free header. Second one was Moran's fault, was running hte ball out with a Limerick player and between them it was kept in, easy ball to score then.

Town got one back from penalty spot. Gavin was rounding their keeper and was taken down. Kelly took the peno, his second from two games!

Town woke up abit in the second half and looked much better. No subs made at half time from the starting eleven of Moran, Collins, C Frawley, Shine, Kenny, Molloy, Rushe, Kelly, Gavin, McCann and Stokes[?]. Throughout the half though, Andy Mullin, Mark Sherlock, Anto Mannering, Shane Brennan, Des Hope, Michael Harney and Trevor Moylan, I think, came on. McCann had a goal disallowed in the second half for offside. Then again so did Limerick.

All in all it was OK once we came into the game. As far as I know, Ronan Frawley is injured though he was suspended for hte first game anyway. Kelly is also suspended along with someone else that I just can't remember. Carberry and Devine are injured too.

atfconline
06/04/2003, 7:22 PM
Ye were good in the first half, we barely got on the ball at all. Whether ye were playing very well or we were just asleep, I don't know. I don't know yer line up I'm afraid, only heard a few names. O'Flynn was up front, bald number 10, Colm Heffernan number 6? O'Flynn really is some whinger btw!

Second half we came more into it as I already said, don't think ye made that many subs although I wasn't really paying to much attention to ye. I'd say ye can look forward to a better season that last anyways.

The one thing that should be a worry for ye though, was even though all the possession ye had in the first half, ye only got two very soft goals, especially considering we let in 7 a few days earlier against Pat's.

deise deserter
07/04/2003, 10:14 AM
Posted by Atfconline:

O'Flynn really is some whinger btw

No disagreements here. Can be very good though when he shines.