PDA

View Full Version : What A Draw!!!!

Cici900
12/08/2007, 4:02 PM
WHAT A DRAW!!! I am so happy. All the odds were against us and we got it. Especially wit kenny sent off.

well done to hendo and the lads

Covey Wovey
12/08/2007, 4:05 PM
A very good result - still lead by three points and continue the unbeaten run. Shelbourne on Saturday week is another tough one - is there any easy ones from now on???
Well done to hendo and the team.

don ramo
12/08/2007, 4:06 PM
a player down, a darw is good stuff, i would have loved a win but what can you do, im asking to much i suppose, all eyes on shels harps now just kicked off, they also played friday night thought i was seeing things, a draw is best for us, cant have harps to close either,

well done lads great stuff congrats:ball::ball:, roll on shels for the regatta weekend, should be fun:D

Louth4sam
12/08/2007, 5:18 PM
Two bad teams. Cobh came for the draw again and Dundalk couldnt break them down. Not sure what your player was sent off for but head butted one of our players right in front of ref went sent off so expect a lengthy suspension.

Dunny
12/08/2007, 5:22 PM
one of the boys on dundalk fm said he kicked crawley when he was on the ground

rambler14
12/08/2007, 7:53 PM
Cobh Ramblers took a major step towards securing the First Division title as the Cork side grabbed a 0-0 draw with second-placed Dundalk at Oriel Park.

The result stretches Stephen Henderson's side's unbeaten run to 22 games and Ramblers will now fancy their chances of taking the title.

Dundalk were left to rue not making the most of Cobh's reduced numbers after Ken Coleman was red-carded mid-way through the second half.

Dundalk were far livelier in the opening half and all the goalmouth action was in the Cobh area.

The best chance of the half fell to the hosts after six minutes when Robbie Dunne headed over from six yards out after the midfielder got on the end of a Paul Smyth cross.

The hard-working Robbie Doyle then stung the palms of James McCarthy in the league leader's net with a 35-yard free-kick.

Stephen Henderson's side were struggling to establish a foothold in the game in the opening half as the home side set about the task of upsetting the visitor's rhythm.

Philip Hughes went close with a daisy-cutter on 25 minutes but the striker saw his effort skid narrowly wide of McCarthy's net.

The second half was a much tighter affair but the visitor's had to regroup after Ken Coleman was sent-off for an off-the-ball incident that the referee, Richie Winters, had failed to spot, his assistant alerting him to the incident.

Cobh seemed to gain some resolve from the incident and Neil Gallagher had to touch Gareth Cambridge's deflected shot onto the bar on 74 minutes.

Nine minutes from time, the match-winning chance arrived for Dundalk when Robbie Dunne slipped Philip Hughes in but McCarthy parried the striker's 15-yard effort wide.

Dundalk: Gallagher, Quigley, Grimes, Lynch, Crawley, Dunne, O'Connor, Marney, Doyle (Vaughan, 78 mins), Hughes, Smyth (Hand, 70 mins)
Subs not used: Perth, Bennion, Doran
Yellow cards: Marney (3mins), Grimes (42 mins), Lynch (52 mins

Cobh Ramblers: McCarthy, Carey, Meade, Murray, Guthrie, Barrett, Mulconroy, Coleman, O'Reilly (C Meade, 87 mins), O'Shea (King 64 mins), Cambridge
Subs not used: Cahill, Meade, Long, Haynes
Yellow cards: Barrett (45 mins), Meade (58 mins)
Red: Coleman (61 mins)

Referee: R Winter

rambler14
12/08/2007, 7:55 PM
Didn't make the match myself but I manage to listen online to Dundalk Fm. It's a pity there is no Cobh fm as I think it would allow for a bigger fanbase.
It sounded like a pretty poor game with no chances whatsoever.

ndrog
12/08/2007, 8:15 PM
good draw for cobh , it was one of the worst games ive seen in years .In fact its one of the worst games ive seen since we were in the first div .Cobh came for the draw and got it .Finn harps would be the best side out of the 3 i reckon .

Rams-07
12/08/2007, 9:24 PM
just back from Dundalk...great result considering we were missing 3 of our best players,had a man sent off after an hour and playing on an artificial pitch..match was poor alright..Dundalk had a few half chances but didnt really hurt us..Dub could have won it in the end..pitch awful both teams struggled on it...good point tho...

bellavistaman
12/08/2007, 10:15 PM
Ken Coleman didnt deserve to get sent off, no way! But his reaction after the card will leave him trouble big time. 3 or 4 people have said it to me(who in different parts of the ground too), Dundalks number 5 got booked twice, fact!!!! what the **** is that all about. I enjoyed the game actually, dundalk played good football at tomes, so did rams though, was a game of little patches really, was ****in torture for the duration of period with ten men. Sayin that we created more chances and it left the game more open. Dub had a good chance at the end but it wasnt the easieast of chances either. I have to say this is the best bunch of lads ive seen at ramblers, fantastic team, fantastic manager, and a Great team spirit, its evident just watching them, when they acknowledge the support its a great feeling, ramblers will always be more like a family in that way, were not the biggest of clubs like. Great result, we knew that not losing was vital, the stand was a great sight great crowd travelled(some good some bad, what harm) more days like that please.

Thank You Hendo and the Team for doing us all proud once again.

By the way on a game point of view can i say i thought nobody on the team let themselves down one bit today, each and every one was fantastic, thought Bilko was top class though, and Reilly ran his heart out, but no individuals great disciplined team effort.

Thanks again, these are the moments that make you proud, and as a club we did ourselves no harm whatsoever.

eamoss
12/08/2007, 10:27 PM
pitch awful both teams struggled on it
:eek:

bellavistaman
12/08/2007, 10:31 PM
Well eamo, did you notice no5 two bookings. or are we wrong??

The Lilywhites
13/08/2007, 12:50 AM
Well eamo, did you notice no5 two bookings. or are we wrong??

:confused:

These were the only Dundalk bookings from the game - fact!!! :D:D

Booked: Paul Marney (4), Shane Grimes (42), Aidan Lynch (52), Robbie Doyle (76), David Crawley (90+2).

They're player numbers 6, 3, 4, 9 and 5.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 7:44 AM
Ok, no problem, convinced he was booked twice a few people said it, made no difference anyway.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 8:14 AM
How about this, this is eircom league at its best:

According to me and few other cobh fans crawley got booked twice (strong possibility were wrong though)

According to you he was booked once.

And according to RTE he wasnt booked at all:http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0812/dundalk1.html, :D:D, brilliant

Louth4sam
13/08/2007, 8:22 AM
great result considering we were missing 3 of our best players

We have a lot more injuries then that we were missing 4 definite starters from the team.

pitch awful both teams struggled on it
Are you for real?? The pitch is best in the country. If teams can't play football on it then they can't play football at all. Finn harps had no problems with it a few weeks ago.

Both teams were rubbish and if neither improve then Finn Harps will win the league.

eelmonster
13/08/2007, 9:29 AM
good draw for cobh , it was one of the worst games ive seen in years .In fact its one of the worst games ive seen since we were in the first div .Cobh came for the draw and got it .Finn harps would be the best side out of the 3 i reckon .

Dreadful game of football, both teams looked very ordinary. Harps are by far the best team I have seen all season. Kenny will be very lucky not to get a 5 match ban - head-butting Crawley AFTER being sent off! :eek:

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 9:32 AM
Dreadful game of football, both teams looked very ordinary. Harps are by far the best team I have seen all season. Kenny will be very lucky not to get a 5 match ban - head-butting Crawley AFTER being sent off! :eek:

Fair enough, but he shouldnt have been sent off in the first place, and if there was a red card to handed out the two players should have went it was only handbags, pushin each other thats all.

crawley made the most of the bop too by the way but hes every right to.

Dundalks steward who started on Gareth Cambridge after the game should be sacked theres no room for that sh!te at all. I say the hard amn got a fright when he seen Murray and Guthrie gettin involved!:)

Louth4sam
13/08/2007, 10:34 AM
Dundalks steward who started on Gareth Cambridge after the game should be sacked theres no room for that sh!te at all. I say the hard amn got a fright when he seen Murray and Guthrie gettin involved!:)

Yeah your right he shouldn't have gotten involved but as bad as the stewards are they may have stoppped trouble from happening. Your number 11 went over to our fans and gestured over by putting his two fists up shaking them at the fans and . There is no room for that sh!te either. Its funny the way you left that part out of your story. As for sacking the stewards if it was up to me I'd sack them all usless feckers the lot of them.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah your right he should have gotten involved but as bad as the stewards are they may have stoppped trouble from happening. Your number 11 went over to our fans and gestured over by putting his two fists up shaking them at the fans and . There is no room for that sh!te either. Its funny the way you left that part out of your story. As for sacking the stewards if it was up to me I'd sack them all usless feckers the lot of them.

But what harm is it, if i was a player and seen other teams fans burning rams scarf it would mean the world to me to get a result and would definitly give the fists, what harm anyway, the fingers would have been worse, but either way no steward has the right to run on the pitch and confront a player by pushing him. Tosser,as i said startin on the youngest fella on the pitch, wouldnt have started on Guthrie. Ya your right the stewards who were up by us i thought were very good, stopping our lads drinkning and so on, pity they didnt leave just 1 dundalk fan through, would have loved to see the lads face, like after the game bout 7 of them were shoutin **** at one dundalk fan he walked towards them and they turned around and walked dead quick to the bus, ha:D. too much green street i think.

Louth4sam
13/08/2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry that last post should have said shouldn't have gotten involved. I've edited it now. There is harm as its called inciting trouble. I know teams have gotten in trouble for it before and players fined for it. Like you said he's only a young fella and after getting a good result. Still a stupid thing to do. What of one of the scumbags took exception to it??

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 10:58 AM
What of one of the scumbags took exception to it??

our scum or yours? :D:D:D

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 11:00 AM
And inciting trouble is burning opposition scarf/colours by the way. sayin that we were at it too, just not burning or anything like that just singing.

thegafferman
13/08/2007, 11:01 AM
:ball::ball:
kenny was on the ground when crawlry started pinching him as they were getting up kenny flicked his foot at him ... the linesman flagged ,
ref gave kenny straight red .... crazy.. crawley squared up to kenny their foreheads met like too young deer stags except crawley decided to throw himself backwards as if he had been butted even his own player pulled him up and told him to stop acting the fool ......pure ****e... this is not what football is all about .... kenny is around long enough no to be riled that easy...crawley won and made sure that kenny will get at least another three games on top of the auto susp.

with eleven men it would have been a good point with ten a great point
both teams could not afford to loose.... hence the negatives ... well done hendo and team... 12 games left this is the home run.....

Roar on the rams !!!!

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 11:04 AM
:ball::ball:
kenny was on the ground when crawlry started pinching him as they were getting up kenny flicked his foot at him ... the linesman flagged ,
ref gave kenny straight red .... crazy.. crawley squared up to kenny their foreheads met like too young deer stags except crawley decided to throw himself backwards as if he had been butted even his own player pulled him up and told him to stop acting the fool ......pure ****e... this is not what football is all about .... kenny is around long enough no to be riled that easy...crawley won and made sure that kenny will get at least another three games on top of the auto susp.

with eleven men it would have been a good point with ten a great point
both teams could not afford to loose.... hence the negatives ... well done hendo and team... 12 games left this is the home run.....

Roar on the rams !!!!

Agree totally, fair play

The Lilywhites
13/08/2007, 2:34 PM
There's post-match reaction now on www.dundalkfc.com for anyone who's interested, including an interview with your manager! :ball:

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 2:36 PM
just tried it there no luck, your programme and general setup as a club is top class by the way.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 2:44 PM
ah got it now.

very good interview by hendo i thought. agreed with dundalks man of the match he was very good.

Rams Mc 7
14/08/2007, 6:43 PM
tought the performance on sunday was excellent considering we were missin dav,cummins and kearney..they all played there hearts out.tought cambrige,barret,muccy and coleman did very well.the back four were rock solid again..mickey and reilly ran for us all day and bilko was superb again...great weekend all around except for harps scorin in the 95 min..role on shels..

bellavistaman
17/08/2007, 1:59 PM
on dundalk section they posted this link http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmCMQQFmLM,

Muppet, fair play to the fan who stopped him.

Risteard
17/08/2007, 3:20 PM
Cringeworthy

Rams-07
17/08/2007, 4:49 PM
Hope Dundalk act now and kick him out...and I thought our crowd were bad...shocking

bellavistaman
17/08/2007, 9:08 PM
Does anybody know whos scarf it was or how they got it. A gentleman to say the least, emailed me to say if we know who it was would we give him the details, dundalk supporters club want to make a gesture to the person, because they dont want relations tainted over certain people.

Unbelievable act of kindness i think, i said we have a few who were a sbad so no need but he was insisting so, if anybody knows shout away.

Rams-07
18/08/2007, 11:26 AM
Nice gesture on behalf of Dundalk...think it might have been taken off someone who went to the chip van at their side..probably a kid..noticed that the fella who was burning the scarf had a beer bottle in his hand and the steward did noting about that....