PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers Supporters

blue til i die
10/08/2007, 10:22 PM
have to say, an absolute credit to your club , created an atmosphere in Waterford tonight, didnt bring any trouble, sang your hearts out,fair play!

sligoman
10/08/2007, 10:26 PM
So they deserve a thread in the EL section for acting like fans should? Oh ffs.

blue til i die
10/08/2007, 10:28 PM
So they deserve a thread in the EL section for acting like fans should? Oh ffs.

well...obviously..or else i wouldnt have put it here..DUH!! :D

they are abused for the way they act, so i thought i'd let everyone in the league know how well behaved they were.

sligoman
10/08/2007, 10:40 PM
Are you going to write one of your letters off to somebody to complain :p:DJust think this is stupid. Most clubs fans act like this every week and yet nobody starts a thread praising them for it.

blue til i die
10/08/2007, 10:41 PM
but not all clubs have the reputation that rovers fans have!!

holidaysong
10/08/2007, 10:41 PM
Just think this is stupid. Most clubs fans act like this every week and yet nobody starts a thread praising them for it.

I agree. Pointless thread.

blue til i die
10/08/2007, 10:44 PM
I agree. Pointless thread.

dont read it then!

micls
10/08/2007, 10:53 PM
dont read it then!

Well you have to read it to know it's pointless and by then it's too late, you're never getting that 10 seconds of your life back

Kildare Lad
10/08/2007, 11:00 PM
Well if people are allowed to complain about Rovers fans, people should be allowed to sing their praises too.

micls
10/08/2007, 11:02 PM
Well if people are allowed to complain about Rovers fans, people should be allowed to sing their praises too.

Well sure, if they do something extraordinarily good as opposed to extraordinarily bad.....not for just acting like normal fans do.

micls
10/08/2007, 11:13 PM
Maybe it is something amazing for there to be an atmosphere in the RSC ?

Maybe :D

Although they seem to create a great atmosphere when they're beating us down there...

Lim till i die
10/08/2007, 11:17 PM
The Kerry League lads were fantastic aswell tonight

Not an ounce of crowd trouble

passerrby
10/08/2007, 11:18 PM
the best of rovers fans are a joy to behold and can make a game really enjoyable on the other hand the scum that attach themselves to rovers can make going to an eircom league game a chore, all that btid is saying is well done rovers ..fair play

DvB
11/08/2007, 1:43 AM
have to say, an absolute credit to your club , created an atmosphere in Waterford tonight, didnt bring any trouble, sang your hearts out,fair play!

Thanks for that, considering it took us 5 hours to get there (Thanks to a bus malfunction....doh!) We always seem to create a bit of a racket in the RSC, reckon it has something to do with the acoustics of the stand design!

Either way an enjoyable night all round (other than the enforced wait on the naas road of course!) Oh and fair play to Waterford, the pitch look ALOT better than the last time we were down!

Koh

hoopy
11/08/2007, 8:04 AM
Deja Vu. The last time someone was kind enough to praise us(we're all animals you know) it was the same bitter people who complained, then people started to be infantile and do mock praising of anything and everything.

Buller
11/08/2007, 9:23 AM
See, I'm not all that bad lads.... :o

Lim till i die
12/08/2007, 12:53 AM
Deja Vu. The last time someone was kind enough to praise us(we're all animals you know)

You behaved like humans

Here, have a toffee

shinobi
12/08/2007, 2:22 AM
I believe we're just in a vicious circle with Rovers, the more we talk about this stuff the more we give credence to the tabloids who are desperate to whip up a hooligan story. Your average Danny Dyer wannabe see's this stuff and jumps on da bandwagon and finds it easy to interchange his celtic jersey with a Rovers jersey. By the way i say this as someone who also supports Celtic(who these idiots see as interchangeable with rovers) and is equally annoyed by idiots who find wearing an overpriced piece of nylon manufactured in a sweatshop makes them some sort of heir to da leaders of the Rising.

half_full
12/08/2007, 3:43 PM
We always seem to create a bit of a racket in the RSC, reckon it has something to do with the acoustics of the stand design!
Koh

I think all away singing supporters that come sing exta loud to compensate for the running track, while the short stand amplephies it. Ye had a great atmosphere Friday btw.

FarmHoop
12/08/2007, 7:30 PM
I believe we're just in a vicious circle with Rovers, the more we talk about this stuff the more we give credence to the tabloids who are desperate to whip up a hooligan story. Your average Danny Dyer wannabe see's this stuff and jumps on da bandwagon and finds it easy to interchange his celtic jersey with a Rovers jersey. By the way i say this as someone who also supports Celtic(who these idiots see as interchangeable with rovers) and is equally annoyed by idiots who find wearing an overpriced piece of nylon manufactured in a sweatshop makes them some sort of heir to da leaders of the Rising.

our away fans are aa credit to the club, them "fans" at bohs games ruin it for everyone

micls
12/08/2007, 9:59 PM
in fairness ye are all quick to jump on rovers when something goes off

Yep, cos its something out of the ordinary(in general) in a bad way.
If they did something out of the ordinary in a good way Im sure people would be quick to congratulate them too an example being the 400 club.

But congratulating them for just acting as fans should is a bit ridiculous imo

SUB of the day
12/08/2007, 10:04 PM
The Rovers game is always the best atmosphere, given their trials and tribulations I think they deserve the title of best fans.

Anto McC
12/08/2007, 10:47 PM
The least to expect of a set of fans is to not cause trouble. Thats every set of fans not just Rovers.

couchy9
12/08/2007, 11:06 PM
The least to expect of a set of fans is to not cause trouble. Thats every set of fans not just Rovers.

well said

khoop
13/08/2007, 8:18 AM
But congratulating them for just acting as fans should is a bit ridiculous imo

The usual bitter, petty reaction when something positive about Rovers is said. They weren't congratulated for just "acting as fans should". They were congratulated for being GREAT fans. Take off the blinkers.

btid1
13/08/2007, 9:10 AM
I guess the old saying is very apt for Rovers - "When they are good they are very good but when they are bad they are nasty"!!!

Now I'm off to wash my mouth out after that remotely pro rovers comment.

Pád Von Tirpitz
13/08/2007, 10:23 AM
Well sure, if they do something extraordinarily good as opposed to extraordinarily bad.....not for just acting like normal fans do.

They raised 4 grand towards a dialysis machine for Waterford Regional Hospital with a cake sale before the game.

bellavistaman
13/08/2007, 10:29 AM
They were class in cobh too. When theres no trouble i think their best fans in EL for creating atmosphere and the size of their fanbase is massive too.

micls
13/08/2007, 11:49 AM
The usual bitter, petty reaction when something positive about Rovers is said. They weren't congratulated for just "acting as fans should". They were congratulated for being GREAT fans. Take off the blinkers.

You were congratulated for not causing trouble, and making an atmosphere......

And fair play, Ive congratulated some of your fans in person for creating a great atmosphere at the cross.But I don't think this, which should be what all fans try to do imo, is cause for a thread.

Nothing about blinkers, Id say the same if it had been about Derry fans. They regularly travel, don't cause trouble and create a great atmosphere.

To me it even comes across as a bit patronising to Rovers fans, 'Fair play, ye didn't even cause trouble'. Yes ye have an element that sometimes cause trouble but surely highlighting any time they don't is counterproductive. The majority of the time they don't. This makes it seem as every game bar this one ye caused trouble.

Anyway, it doesn't matter,it's just a thread. I won't post again on it, enjoy it!