PDA

View Full Version : United fined by League

Tribesman
10/08/2007, 8:28 AM
Football Association of Ireland
Press Release
August 9th, 2007

eircom League of Ireland suspensions and sanctions
Galway United were fined €200 for the setting off of flares by their supporters v Sligo Rovers (14.07.07).

Galway United were fined €500 for the unruly behaviour of their supporters v Sligo Rovers (14.07.07).

What a waste of money.:mad:

Tir Oilean
10/08/2007, 8:31 AM
Any word on fines for all the flares on the pitch at half time for the Sunderland match.

Claret Murph
10/08/2007, 8:54 AM
Any word on fines for all the flares on the pitch at half time for the Sunderland match.

Just what I was thinking Tir Oilean .

GuisaSaigon
10/08/2007, 9:04 AM
I'm sure Waherfurd will receive a similar fine for identical scenes of "unruly behaviour" in Terryland last week.

Tir Oilean
10/08/2007, 9:37 AM
I'm sure Waherfurd will receive a similar fine for identical scenes of "unruly behaviour" in Terryland last week.

Dunno about that Saigon the officials didnt seem to see much of what was goin on on the pitch never mind what was goin on on the sideline.

gufct
10/08/2007, 9:55 AM

Saigon to compare the two incidents is stupid and the waterford fans were actually on the wall not on the pitch and also trying to make a joke out of it with the mention of the Sunderland display by Macnas is just as inane.

We have been fined €900 so far this season because of certain supporters ignoring warnings about flares etc. which is crazy.

We were very lucky the fine was as low as it was for the incidents during the Sligo game.

Conor H
10/08/2007, 9:58 AM
The waterford fans were on the picth-FACT!

Typical of you to pretend you didn't see it.One of them even hugged a player when he hopped the wall.:rolleyes:

Also the E200 was never officially announced so i wouldn't think be to sure we got that fine at all.

Nevertheless E900 is less than E1500.

Sumac
10/08/2007, 10:02 AM
Yes there were Waterford fans on the pitch on Friday but incident definately not as bad as the fools up in the showgrounds. And they didn't need a Garda presence to keep them under control. Unlike some of the muppets who travelled up to Sligo

Conor H
10/08/2007, 10:06 AM
Yes there were Waterford fans on the pitch on Friday but incident definately not as bad as the fools up in the showgrounds. And they didn't need a Garda presence to keep them under control. Unlike some of the muppets who travelled up to Sligo

Yes,fair point.

Not disgareeing with you...some of the behaviour in Sligo wasn't the best.

However gufct is just been his usual impudent self and dismissing the notion that Waterford fans were on the pitch.
They did just as much as GUFC fans did in Sligo.

GuisaSaigon
10/08/2007, 10:17 AM
I don't want to drag this argument up again so I'll refrain from replying. Lets move on, and ensure we don't receive anymore stupid fines.

sligoman
10/08/2007, 10:22 AM
Any word on fines for all the flares on the pitch at half time for the Sunderland match.According to Noel Mooney that was a controlled flare so they're allowed.

gufct
10/08/2007, 10:28 AM
Conor this my last post on this subject too. We had absolutely no problems with the Waterford fans last friday they were sound,sober and were just interested in supporting their team. A small number of supporters in Sligo let down the good name of the club and its supporters and check with Nick about the other €200.

The incidents in Terryland and The showgrounds were completely different and the stewards who were in charge of the waterford fans on friday have said that the waterford fans were on the wall and not on the pitch and I believe them.

gilberto_eire
10/08/2007, 11:25 AM
Saigon to compare the two incidents is stupid and the waterford fans were actually on the wall not on the pitch and also trying to make a joke out of it with the mention of the Sunderland display by Macnas is just as inane.

We have been fined €900 so far this season because of certain supporters ignoring warnings about flares etc. which is crazy.

We were very lucky the fine was as low as it was for the incidents during the Sligo game.

no, one of there fans went around the pitch hugging a few players.... seemed to know them personally

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2007, 11:28 AM

Yet the club still let them in?

gufct
10/08/2007, 11:55 AM
It was an away game.

Conor H
10/08/2007, 12:49 PM
Believe the stewards if you want.

Ask around-they were on the pitch.

Also don't tar everyone with the same brush here.

UTD fans got great credit for their efforts up in Sligo in newspapers and by other supporters.Far better than the 7 Waterford fans were on Friday last.
You're just not happy if your not having a go at somebody over something.

corbyeire
10/08/2007, 1:22 PM
what about the waterford bench - they should be getting fine of some sort!!!

Ceirtlis
10/08/2007, 1:26 PM
At least one of the Waterford fans was on the pitch hugging one of their players.

gufct
10/08/2007, 1:31 PM
Perhaps Conor should explain the 3 incidents in the Showgrounds we were fined for its not as trivial as some people are making out here and only for Nicks intervention the fine could have been much higher.

gilberto_eire
10/08/2007, 1:47 PM
Maybe other fans could identify these fans who ran on to the pitch and caused the trouble and inform the officials at Galway. The good name of Galway supporters and Galway should not be dragged through the mud by a few indivduals.

that was done and it has been dealt with.... the 3 involved were asked to come up to the ground before the next match and apoligise....2 of which done so, the 3rd didnt, i spotted him at the sunderland game then. out of the 3 he has the least interest in the goings on, on the pitch!!

corbyeire
10/08/2007, 2:42 PM
At least one of the Waterford fans was on the pitch hugging one of their players.

im more interested in the slap alan keane got in the back of the head from somone on waterfords bench :mad:

was there anything about this in the refs report?

i was behind the away dugout and couldnt believe what i saw...:(

Red&White Rover
10/08/2007, 4:12 PM
gufct, in fairness, IMO, there was nothing serious about the events in the showgrounds. Galway fans got an equaliser, and understandably were delighted! Let their emotions out.

Its not like they attacked a player is it?

Tir Oilean
10/08/2007, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=gufct;743041]Saigon to compare the two incidents is stupid and the waterford fans were actually on the wall not on the pitch and also trying to make a joke out of it with the mention of the Sunderland display by Macnas is just as inane.
QUOTE]

Chill out GUFCT and by the way the Waterford fans were most definitely on e pitch and it looked alot more serious than what happened in Shligo. If you could call it serious.

gilberto_eire
11/08/2007, 1:29 AM
Serious question - Who did they apologise to?

a ''panel'' or something.... nick leeson to cut it short from what i heard!

Patrick Dunne
11/08/2007, 8:40 AM
The fine for unruly behaviour was heavy, but we probably would not have got it only for a supporter accidentally collided with a match official. Much worse goes on unpunished at other league grounds.

The fine for the flare is fair enough, as per the rules of the FAI. The individual who let off the flare was asked not to do so during the game, but this request didn't seem to register with him. :mad:

GUFC will be banning anyone who lets off flares in Terryland Park or inside any away grounds. GUST have decided to ban anyone who lets off a flare inside any EL ground from away buses. This was agreed on at a recent meeting.

The behaviour of our away support is normally exemplary, as supporters of other clubs will testify.

Tir Oilean
11/08/2007, 9:04 AM
The fine for unruly behaviour was heavy, but we probably would not have got it only for a supporter accidentally collided with a match official. Much worse goes on unpunished at other league grounds.

The fine for the flare is fair enough, as per the rules of the FAI. The individual who let off the flare was asked not to do so during the game, but this request didn't seem to register with him. :mad:

GUFC will be banning anyone who lets off flares in Terryland Park or inside any away grounds. GUST have decided to ban anyone who lets off a flare inside any EL ground from away buses. This was agreed on at a recent meeting.

The behaviour of our away support is normally exemplary, as supporters of other clubs will testify.

Good move Pa. But its sad as I think flares are an excellent addition to atmosphere in particular at the infamous play-off against Drogs. We lost but we were applauded by the Drogs fans as they left the ground while we stayed singing and waving flares. but I suppose times have changed and the some of the young lads of today can get out of control.

eamo1
11/08/2007, 11:04 PM
i seen the fan on the pitch and 2 stewards just watching from a few yards away.theres no consistency in the fines handed out.were rovers fined for letting off flares in terryland????if so how much???

inthestand99
12/08/2007, 12:56 PM
:ball:To be precise they met with a three man sub commitee from the management c'tee. The fine was not as bad as people thought but a fine none the less. Its easy get carried away, rush of blood and all that but they will be monitored and hopefully it wont happen again. GUFC V SLIGO should be interesting in light!!!!!!

DonO'Bate
13/08/2007, 7:09 PM
Were St.Pat's fined for the flares their fans let off in Terryland earilier in the season?

gufct
14/08/2007, 8:33 AM
yes they have been fined numerous times this season.