PDA

View Full Version : Cork Game??!!

Green&whitearmy
09/08/2007, 8:44 PM
Will this be called off again if Cork are missing Gamble through injury?

Is it any different from the last time we were supposed to play them in Cork when he was missing????????

micls
09/08/2007, 8:47 PM
Will this be called off again if Cork are missing Gamble through injury?

Is it any different from the last time we were supposed to play them in Cork when he was missing????????

Are you serious :confused:

superfrank
09/08/2007, 9:44 PM
Wouldn't put it past them.

micls
09/08/2007, 9:54 PM
Wouldn't put it past them.

Past who? Us or the FAI? Since we dont decide these things alone like :rolleyes:

superfrank
09/08/2007, 9:59 PM
One club asks the other to postpone a game.

Grey Boy
10/08/2007, 4:32 AM
It reflects well on the league as a whole when a L.O.I. player gets called up to the national squad. So if we are all getting the benefit of that I for one don't mind too much if a match is postponed to accomodate that. It's the pointless fixture changes that annoy me.

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2007, 8:27 AM
Lads look at the rule books, this was not a decision made by the FAI or Cork, it's a UEFA call that a club whos player is called up to international duty game should be postponed. In a situation like this one club does not ask another club if it's ok to postpone, they tell the other club as they have the right to do so.

No Cork had the opportunity to let the match go aheadbut at the end of the day he is by far their best player so i dont see the problem. If for example one of our best players got called up you can be fcking sure that Gormley would be calling the game off.

superfrank
10/08/2007, 10:21 AM
Lads look at the rule books, this was not a decision made by the FAI or Cork, it's a UEFA call that a club whos player is called up to international duty game should be postponed. In a situation like this one club does not ask another club if it's ok to postpone, they tell the other club as they have the right to do so.
Ok I didn't know that.

pete
10/08/2007, 11:07 AM
Game refixed for Monday August 27.

Why no moaning about Drogs postponing Bray game earlier this season & not been re-arranged yet?

When you have International player then you get a right to moan.

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2007, 11:35 AM
Game refixed for Monday August 27.

Why no moaning about Drogs postponing Bray game earlier this season & not been re-arranged yet?

When you have International player then you get a right to moan.

People did moan about that.

They were playing on Thursday in europe and were due to play us on Friday, it would never work. Postponing the game by a few days wasthe only option for the FAI, same goes for the Pats/UCD game last weekend.

It's slightly different than having 1 player missing than playing 2 games in 2 days in all fariness, especially seeing as Cork have a much bigger and more experienced squad than Bray and would be excpeted to beat Bray in Turners probably even if they had 3/4 players missing.

P.S - i think you'll find it was us who cancelled our game against Derry and not Drogheda due to a waterlogged pitch, that was only a few weeks, ago. The game which Cork cancelled at short notice was near the start of the season and was only fixed last week.

micls
10/08/2007, 12:13 PM
It's slightly different than having 1 player missing than playing 2 games in 2 days in all fariness, especially seeing as Cork have a much bigger and more experienced squad than Bray and would be excpeted to beat Bray in Turners probably even if they had 3/4 players missing.

You're joking right? We dont expect to beat anyone these days with our full squad, including Healy and Farrelly, let alone with 3/4 missing :rolleyes:

Our squad is tiny, we'l be lucky to fill the bench tonight.

A Uefa ruling gave us the choice to postpone it rather than play without our only good midfielder, every other team would have done the same

superfrank
10/08/2007, 12:45 PM
One minute you lot are the best in the world, the next you're playing yourselves down. What's up with that?

The reason the Joe Gamble call up annoyed is because it was for a pointless friendly against Honduras or someone. He was only called up because Staunton was down to the bare bones (don't kid yourselves into thinking otherwise). He let all the English players get a rest after their long hard season but he comes over here and disrupts our season by calling up Gamble. Imo, Gamble or Cork should've refused and I think Cork cancelling a game for the sake of one player, no matter how important, is stupid.

micls
10/08/2007, 12:49 PM
One minute you lot are the best in the world, When was that? We havnt been quality since 2005

the next you're playing yourselves down. What's up with that?
Performances

Imo, Gamble or Cork should've refused and I think Cork cancelling a game for the sake of one player, no matter how important, is stupid.

Come off the stage. You really think Joe is gonna turn down a chance to play for his country? Regardless how pointless a game it is? And it was 2 games btw.

I would be disgusted if the club tried to stand in the way of a player playing for his country.

Your club would have done exactly the same thing. our best player was missing and we had a choice to call of the game. Of course we took it

superfrank
10/08/2007, 1:23 PM
Come off the stage. You really think Joe is gonna turn down a chance to play for his country? Regardless how pointless a game it is? And it was 2 games btw.

I would be disgusted if the club tried to stand in the way of a player playing for his country.
He's being used as a gap filler. He must've known that's what he was there for. Yes it's nice to have an el player in the squad but in this case it was pretty disrespectful by the FAI. Disrupting our season to pick a player for two pointless friendlies and then forget about him afterwards. That's what's happened. He won't be near an Ireland squad for a long time. Clearly Cork and Gamble were fooled.

And, as a matter of fact, iirc, Bray have had internationals gone before. I'm certain Wesley Charles was called up during his time here and he probably missed a game or two because of it. We didn't cancel any games and this would've been when he was one of our regulars.

Hulsey
10/08/2007, 10:00 PM
He's being used as a gap filler. He must've known that's what he was there for. Yes it's nice to have an el player in the squad but in this case it was pretty disrespectful by the FAI. Disrupting our season to pick a player for two pointless friendlies and then forget about him afterwards. That's what's happened. He won't be near an Ireland squad for a long time. Clearly Cork and Gamble were fooled.

And, as a matter of fact, iirc, Bray have had internationals gone before. I'm certain Wesley Charles was called up during his time here and he probably missed a game or two because of it. We didn't cancel any games and this would've been when he was one of our regulars.

Bang on. Wes missed a fair few through international call ups if I remember correctly

adamcarr
10/08/2007, 10:12 PM
We called off the game as well because it would be another game that Healy & Farrelly could play in.