PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Vs. Bray

sligoman
09/08/2007, 8:41 PM
Many of ye making the lovely trip to the Showgies?:D. Big stuff going on here this Saturday[thanks to Noel Mooney] so arrive early or ye'll miss it;)

Predictions for the match? I say 2-0 Rovers.

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2007, 8:32 AM
Many of ye making the lovely trip to the Showgies?:D. Big stuff going on here this Saturday[thanks to Noel Mooney] so arrive early or ye'll miss it;)

Predictions for the match? I say 2-0 Rovers.

Because it's a Saturday i reckon we will have a few heading up, more than we would have on a Friday.

We have really bad injury problems for the past 2 games and they lookset to contunie for the trip to Sligo, missing up to 7 1st team players which has decimated our team, can't see us getting anything out of the game, but ya never know which Sligo team is going to turn up so we could get lucky. A draw is our best bet.

superfrank
10/08/2007, 10:40 AM
I'd be happy with a clean sheet at the moment. Our defence has been really shakey lately.

BrayZil
14/08/2007, 7:00 PM
Couldn’t make the match on Saturday but saw the highlights on ELW last night. 3 absolute shocking decisions from the ref. I can't understand why Duggan got a red card for the tackle. The Delaney sending off and the peno where ridiculous as well. It was never a peno. Delaney's strength held the Sligo player off. We were completly robbed on Saturday. Whoriskey lost the plot!

mightyseagull
14/08/2007, 8:04 PM
Whats the story wit this thread any time the lads make a comment about the sligo game it gets deleted??? Is this site not for posting comments???

BrayZil you better watch out that you will be next for a caution after passing comment on the game:D:D

superfrank
14/08/2007, 8:23 PM
It is a forum rule, see here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=735487&postcount=16), that you CANNOT make accusations about another clubs' fans' behaviour unless you have video/audio/picture evidence to back it up. Grasshopper and dublinwanderer did that and, when they couldn't show the evidence, their posts were deleted.

sligoman
14/08/2007, 8:44 PM
Delaney's strength held the Sligo player off.You just said you weren't at the game so you can't really comment on that now can ya? It was never a penalty as it happened outside the box but the card was deserved as Delaney was the last man back.

superfrank
14/08/2007, 9:05 PM
Couldn’t make the match on Saturday but saw the highlights on ELW last night.
Did you read that bit sligoman?

red bellied
14/08/2007, 9:15 PM
It cant be seen clearly on Eircom weekly. I had a proper view in the Showgrounds and Delaney did pull at O Gradys shirt but was way outside the box. The linesman had the flag up straight away for a free but the ref never consulted him and gave the peno. Delaney deserved to go as he was last man back as OGrady was clean through on goal.

sligoman
14/08/2007, 10:22 PM
Did you read that bit sligoman?I did but that still doesn't give him as clear of view as someone at the match. Dont think any Bray fan there disputed the fact that Delaney did in fact pull O'Grady back. Just definitely outside the box.

Hulsey
14/08/2007, 10:55 PM
The Duggan decision was a disgrace. How the ref can give Bray a free and send Duggan off is beyond belief! Surely if both go it would be a drop ball? The ref lost the plot big time and cost us dearly, not just in the sligo game but were gonna be missing him for a few games now and imo he's one of our top and most consistant players. Also another sligo player (either O'Grady or Hughes I think) nearly took Kavanaghs head off and got away scott free. The lino was looking straight at it and did nothing. Had to be at the very least a yellow for dangerous play and it looked extremely malicious.n All in all we wern't given a chance to get a result due to the w@nk officiating. Obviously can't say it cost us the match but if we had have been 11 v 10 as it should have been it could have been a different story

Grasshopper 99
15/08/2007, 8:06 AM
Why are my posts still getting deleted??? I have stopped talking about the incident and stuff like that, or are you even reading them properly???

DmanDmythDledge
15/08/2007, 12:41 PM
Dont think any Bray fan there disputed the fact that Delaney did in fact pull O'Grady back. Just definitely outside the box.
I thought from watching it that there were 2 separate fouls and that an advantage had been played after the first one. There's definitely a gap where Delaney isn't pulling back O'Grady.

Grasshopper 99
15/08/2007, 2:49 PM
Ah the ref was a complete mess, think the FAI got onto him, seen as Sligo were screwed by them over money promised.