PDA

View Full Version : Wandering wanderers

Grey Boy
09/08/2007, 5:28 PM
Just looking at the fixtures, 5 of our next 6 league games are away. Could end up back in the thick of it again when they're out of the way. With our away form a couple of away wins in that run would be way ahead of expectation. Any thoughts?

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2007, 8:36 AM
The rest of August is a nightmare for us!

Sligo away - League
Pats home - cup
Derry away - league
Cork away - league

The only match i can see us getting something out of is the cup match, the rest i can see us picking up 3 points in any of them, not even draws. That will then put us back in the s*it, it's going to be a very tough run in. I think we have the 2nd worst away record in the league and i cant see anything changing to fix it. Apart from Kavanagh the club very poor in signing players in the transfer window, 1 in and 3 or 4 out.

superfrank
10/08/2007, 10:38 AM
Our away form isn't so bad. 7 out of 27 so far this season compared to 14 out of 30 for home. Though that's surely going to get worse over the next few weeks.

I think we need to improve our home performances. We've lost to Longford and Galway and scraped past Waterford but we did well against Pats, Drogs, Sligo, Cork and Bohs. Why can't we do well against the bottom teams? Eddie needs to look at that because it's the games against the bottom teams that are more important to us, imo.