PDA

View Full Version : Cup Match on TG4

MervilleUnited
08/08/2007, 3:27 PM
Seems the Waterford Game is on the box:)

Good Vibes up in Mooneys for the Cork Game, great roar for the winner, should be good for the support who cannot make the trip.

From Ocean FM

FAI Ford Cup Third Round Fixtures Announced Aug 08, 12:26 am
Football Association of Ireland

Press Release

August 7th, 2007

FAI Ford Cup Third Round fixtures

Thursday, August 16th

Dundalk v UCD

Oriel Park 7.45pm

Referee: D. Hancock

Possible replay: Sunday, August 19th; Belfield Park; 7.45pm

Friday, August 17th

Limerick 37 v Douglas Hall

Jackman Park 7.45pm

Referee: P. Sutton

Possible replay: Wednesday, August 22nd; Turner’s Cross; 7.30pm

Waterford United v Sligo Rovers

RSC 7.45pm

[Live on TG4]

Referee: A. Kelly

Possible replay: Tuesday, August 21st; Showgrounds; 7.45pm

Bray Wanderers v St. Patrick’s Athletic

Carlisle Grounds 7.45pm

Referee: A. Buttimer

Possible replay: Tuesday, August 21st; Richmond Park; 7.45pm

Cork City v Kilkenny City

Turner’s Cross 7.45pm

Referee: P. Whelan

Possible replay: Wednesday, August 22nd; Buckley Park; 8pm

Saturday, August 18th

Finn Harps v Derry City

Finn Park 7.45pm

Referee: D. McKeon

Possible replay: Tuesday, August 21st; Brandywell; 7.45pm

Longford Town v Fanad United

Flancare Park 7.30pm

Referee: D. Hanney

Possible replay: Tuesday, August 21st; Trialough; 7.30pm

Sunday, August 19th

Malahide United v Bohemian FC

Gannon Park 12pm

Referee: T. Tomney

Possible replay: Tuesday, August 21st; Dalymount Park; 7.45pm

BrayUnknowns
09/08/2007, 12:12 PM
No disrespect to Sligo or Waterford, but it really shows how much TG4 know about Irish football when they pick the Waterford/Sligo game to show as the live game. Possibly one of the worst stadiums to pick for a TV game. Harps/Derry or even Bray/Pats would have been much better options IMO.

gustavo
09/08/2007, 12:23 PM
TG4 have gotten some great football and goals out of showing our last 2 games so they know they are on to a winner with us:)

BrayUnknowns
09/08/2007, 2:09 PM
Lads, games at the RSC NEVER come across good on TV, it's looks shocking and there is never any atmosphere. Max crowd of 1100/1200 for this game i reckon and most will be in the stand and won't be able to be seen on TV, it'll as always IMO look like a grave yard. As i said i'm not having ago, i just think there was 2 much better games to choose from, just seems like they put no thought into it at all.

sligoman
09/08/2007, 2:12 PM
just seems like they put no thought into it at all.Well obviously they did as originally the Bray/Pat's game was listed as being televised. Perhaps they enjoyed our football so decided to pick ours instead:p.

DonalE
09/08/2007, 4:58 PM
Lads, games at the RSC NEVER come across good on TV, it's looks shocking and there is never any atmosphere. Max crowd of 1100/1200 for this game i reckon and most will be in the stand and won't be able to be seen on TV, it'll as always IMO look like a grave yard. As i said i'm not having ago, i just think there was 2 much better games to choose from, just seems like they put no thought into it at all.

They might put the camera on the opposite side to the stand, I see your point though. It's terrible watching a game there what with being so far from the pitch and also the lack of atmosphere

stann
09/08/2007, 8:10 PM
Work has started, finally, on the new stand at the far side, so not only will there be no camera there, as far as I know, but there's no spectators allowed there either. It'll look like there's no-one at the match at all. :D
With that in mind, though, they might relent and allow TG4 to set up a temporary camera stand there, but I wouldn't bet on it.