PDA

View Full Version : Are City fans up for this?

cd_2002
04/04/2003, 1:42 PM
Are you up for this? it could work and would generate great media coverage (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Republic%20of%20Ireland&id=9371&viewstory=yes)

Neil
04/04/2003, 2:12 PM
Great idea...
The only slight problem is that it would be a bit strange having Pats' red flags and Bohs red/black flags at an Ireland game?

cfcgirl
04/04/2003, 3:10 PM
good idea wonder would it cause trouble though. i mean city and shamrock rovers fans together

eoinh
04/04/2003, 3:21 PM
ild say go for it. although would the flags on poles be banned at international matchs?

it would look brilliant

dejan
04/04/2003, 6:42 PM
go for I say, but i reckon we wait for kerr to issue an invite to the irish ultras groups before anything gets done.

and in fairness it might work once as its in our interests but if it was regular, trouble would be too.

yur man
04/04/2003, 10:28 PM
sounds like a good idea. anythin to highlight to our own fans of ireland that ireland has a league that they should take an interest in

the clubs also need to sort out subscription radio on the internet for us exiles and people who cant get to the game at home. all it takes is a fan with a mike to say whatever he likes as he watches the game

another revenue source me tinks

SEI
06/04/2003, 3:25 PM
"an invite" fux sake live in the real world will ya.. this is ireland not greece!

A face
06/04/2003, 6:20 PM
Originally posted by SEI
"an invite" fux sake live in the real world will ya.. this is ireland not greece!

Relax man .... I'd agree with Dejan on this one. An invite with really send it home amoung eL fans. It would only need to be said once to get the ball rolling.

It is not that far-fetched either SEI and with the up and coming games being so important, it is probably what it needs (not just eL fans)

You would have to drag the barstoolers out of the pubs to do anything (unless there are rangers players on the other team, hell they dont even have to be rangers players to get that lot going) so appealing to eL fans would be a good option. Coffee smelling session for some of the barstoolers aswell.