PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Concessions

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 11:37 AM
Which (if any) of the following groups are deserving of a reduced entry price to see live football matches. You can select as many or as few of the options as you like so don't limit yourself to just one!!! Personally I think they all deserve a specific price and I'd let kids under 13 in for free because kids like that have a habit of growing into kids of over 13 and if only a handful of them come back you're making money on them. Not to mention that some will bring parents/guardians even when they're under 13.

pineapple stu
04/04/2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
I'd let kids under 13 in for free because kids like that have a habit of growing into kids of over 13

I think you've been reading far too much Kevin Keegan lately! :)

Students definitely don't deserve a reduction - accountants on the other hand...;)

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 1:02 PM
I can't believe there's two people out there who begrudge OAPS a few € of the match entry fee. Shocking!!! :eek:

Schumi
04/04/2003, 1:12 PM
One of them was me, I didn't notice that you could vote for more than one!

On the other hand: "Mooching war widows!" :D

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
One of them was me, I didn't notice that you could vote for more than one!

LOL :D

Though I did lay it out clearly for everybody Schumi... bloody students! :p

pete
04/04/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Personally I think they all deserve a specific price and I'd let kids under 13 in for free because kids like that have a habit of growing into kids of over 13 and if only a handful of them come back you're making money on them. Not to mention that some will bring parents/guardians even when they're under 13.

So you think they should get a concession (i.e. cheaper ticket) or a free ticket?

From a CCFC point of view they already only charge kids €3 which is dirt cheap. I don't think anyone should get into the corss for less than €5.

Sure different groups of people should get concessions but why give free tickets to kids when they taking a €10 adult seat? That might work for small clubs like Bohemians 'n the like but is pointless if getting full houses at the cross.

Remember eL football isn't supposed to be a charity...

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by pete
but is pointless if getting full houses at the cross.

Remember eL football isn't supposed to be a charity...

I'm thinking long-term Pete, about attracting life-long fans who you know will pay their €10 when they come of age. And when the X is full week-in and week-out you lot can become scrooge economists and charge OAPS €25 if you like. I know eL football isn't a charity but CCFC, just like every other team in the league should remember their community base as well.

pineapple stu
04/04/2003, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by Schumi

But that was only a proposition - number 304, I think...:rolleyes:

cfcgirl
05/04/2003, 11:28 PM
maybe if thet offered better value for money with there season tickets.

A face
06/04/2003, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by cfcgirl
maybe if thet offered better value for money with there season tickets.

Agreed ... but i heard that there will be a few different packages this year though.Worth looking into !!